Home

Update 4 (December) News

This is a discussion on Update 4 (December) News within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Update 4 (December) News

I imagine rc cards will get stronger now for future events? Will star cards be obtainable through rc events? What will the rewards be for star seasons?
Old 12-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinSeason
I imagine rc cards will get stronger now for future events? Will star cards be obtainable through rc events? What will the rewards be for star seasons?

My guess is legendary tier rewards change to 1 random star and 1 random legend.

Star will likely be 3x random star
Old 12-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #19
Rookie

I posted this on the stats description thread but you never responded (probably didn't see it). I hate to take away from the subject on hand but I see this as a chance to "fix" something a lot of your users want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime2K
NWGameDad, is it too late to consider tweaking defense? After a month of playing 2K15, it does seem that Offense is significantly stronger than Defense. I feel a player with elite Defense should be even with someone with elite offense. Take new Rivals cards for example (what should be an elite defender vs elite offensive player) Offense plays beats Defensive Plays in every category.

DH's untrained RC Stats

O -758

D - 705

R - 697

P - 666

A -706

DW's untrained RC Stats

O - 758

D - 710

R - 677

P - 683

A - 701

Here are a few examples with DH as the defender vs DW as the offensive player.

Deny the Dunk - D v O

results: 705 vs 758

Drive to the Hoop - OA vs DA

results: vs 1411 vs 1459

Highlight Block - A v O - 706 vs 758

Results:706 vs 758

I'm not sure what is making defense so week. Maybe blocking isn't included in your defense stat (not listed in your original post).

Let me know what you think and I understand if its too late to update
Old 12-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
My guess is legendary tier rewards change to 1 random star and 1 random legend.

Star will likely be 3x random star

The worst part is it can take thousands of games to draft a legendary from the counter. With a new tier it's pretty obvious that number will just increase while devaluing all cards beneath it. Grinding this game for 30-40 hours for a single card is redic.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #21
Pro

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it sounds like Auction House still won't be ready for this update? It was supposed to be in the "next major update". Is this no longer the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minachow33
Too bad no RC card business... I would say many ppl would like to spend a lot of money on buying another RC Howard for dupe...instead on spending on the rocket Howard ...

It just discourage some people engage the RC event because RC card can't beat legend pro. And getting one RC card is much harder than the legend pro .

Anyway, you guys may consider changing the policy. Let me know if you change your mind. Haha.
They're probably gonna introduce RC version 2 like last year. These cards will A) be better than single Star cards, B) make current RC cards obsolete C) allow CD to reuse players for RC and say they're different cards, and we'll just keep playing and spending

Quote:
NWgamedad, is there any chance Cat Daddy will redo calculations of how they generate stats so that their cards better reflect their skills.

Dwight Howard and Noah's offense should not be higher than their defense rebounding. The way the game is played now, you aim to use these top defensive players against the offense of lower tier cards. I understand it might be too late to adjust current cards but it isn't late to adjust new cards.
Cosign! No way Dwight's offense should be higher than his defense.

And lol @ Noah. Reigning Defensive Player of the Year.. If he goes against Offense from anyone else in Legend tier, he can only beat 4 guys' offense, in the whole tier (one of whom is Russell Westbrook, which makes no sense.. And points to another huge issue with ratings.. their homogeneity. Westbrook's offense is only so low because he's so great overall. Instead of letting cards have differing values, a player like Westbrook is just given bad/mediocre everything, so it fits in with every other cards' total value). That's kind of ridiculous.

Quote:
I posted this on the stats description thread but you never responded (probably didn't see it). I hate to take away from the subject on hand but I see this as a chance to "fix" something a lot of your users want.
Cooooooooooooooooosiiiiiiiiiign

I'm not sure how stats are calculated, but you guys can't determine clearly opposing stats, independent of one another. OFF is so much better than DEF in this game, that defense is irrelevant. That needs to be addressed.

For those that weren't around last year, CD did do a MAJOR overhaul of stats on existing cards once, when they reworked the stats on PF/C's because they were almost worthless originally. The way the stats worked out, just didn't favor them.

A similar overhaul needs to happen now. And not a mid season update with new cards. The existing cards need to be overhauled so that DEF isn't an automatic loss.

Anthony Davis, the #1 Legendary defender, only beats 25 players' offense in that tier (a tier of 50+). The #1 defender should beat almost all (if not all) of the players' offense in their tier. The fact that mid level offense beats the absolute best defense of that tier, is just bad design.

Last edited by ActionJack; 12-09-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #22
Rookie

Will auction house be on with this update? And will star rarity be available to put on AH
Old 12-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #23
Rookie

JCMorgan86's Arena

Thanks for the new information looking forward to it.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #24
Rookie

Nice! It's basically just like the new survivor tier in the wwe game! I'm excited, but I think it's wayyy to early to introduce this new tier already! Wwe jus got it, and it's been out since August. I think around all star game would hav been perfect! Ppl hav barely started to get legendary cards. But still excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »