Home

Why is Seasons AI so completely inept and awful?

This is a discussion on Why is Seasons AI so completely inept and awful? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is Seasons AI so completely inept and awful?

So I decided to give it another try after being shafted my first time when the app first released. Waste of my time apparently.

I cruised to the third seed, could have easily gotten 2nd but I didn't even manage on the first day.

I basically got swept. By the 14th seed. Not even close. I had to use ALL 5 BOOSTERS and fully charge EVERYONE just to win one game by 4 points. Four. The next game I lost by 1 using all boosts.

The AI used my Playmaking boost WHEN THAT WASN'T EVEN THE CATEGORY! What???

How is that supposed to be fun at all? What the **** is going on? Seriously? Is there some freaking explanation?

It's like it's only 100% luck.

Last edited by SolarClipz; 12-08-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why is Seasons AI so completely inept and awful?

14th seed can have much better lineup. He just dont use energy refil a lot in regular season.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #3
All Star

apos1914's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarClipz
So I decided to give it another try after being shafted my first time when the app first released. Waste of my time apparently.

I cruised to the third seed, could have easily gotten 2nd but I didn't even manage on the first day.

I basically got swept. By the 14th seed. Not even close. I had to use ALL 5 BOOSTERS and fully charge EVERYONE just to win one game by 4 points. Four. The next game I lost by 1 using all boosts.

The AI used my Playmaking boost WHEN THAT WASN'T EVEN THE CATEGORY! What???

How is that supposed to be fun at all? What the **** is going on? Seriously? Is there some freaking explanation?

It's like it's only 100% luck.
If you lose on one game because the AI didnt use your best players or because your opponent was lucky and got more Offense quarters etc. that's normal. That can happen. The weakest team CAN win on ONE game.

But i think over a period of 7 games where you must get 4 wins, then the best team will advance. You may get unlucky on one, perhaps two games, but on the long run, the best team will advance.

And it really doesnt matter what seed you are. In my last Epic season, i didnt energize at all, i finished 13th and then i swept all the playoff games to win the league. The really strong LU's sometimes dont care about their Qualifying position, they just focus on the post season.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
Rookie

shadow2201's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by apos1914
If you lose on one game because the AI didnt use your best players or because your opponent was lucky and got more Offense quarters etc. that's normal. That can happen. The weakest team CAN win on ONE game.

But i think over a period of 7 games where you must get 4 wins, then the best team will advance. You may get unlucky on one, perhaps two games, but on the long run, the best team will advance.

And it really doesnt matter what seed you are. In my last Epic season, i didnt energize at all, i finished 13th and then i swept all the playoff games to win the league. The really strong LU's sometimes dont care about their Qualifying position, they just focus on the post season.

Exactly, the season I just finished last night, I cruised to the #1 seed, and the #16 seed took me to 7 games. A lower seed doesn't always mean they are a bad team, just means they might not have paid as much attention as you did. Losing in a season isn't the end of the world, you can join another one, maybe this time you'll win. I'm sure everyone feels "shafted" when they lose in a season, but that's the breaks. Suck it up and move on.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Kazeyonoma's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow2201
Exactly, the season I just finished last night, I cruised to the #1 seed, and the #16 seed took me to 7 games. A lower seed doesn't always mean they are a bad team, just means they might not have paid as much attention as you did. Losing in a season isn't the end of the world, you can join another one, maybe this time you'll win. I'm sure everyone feels "shafted" when they lose in a season, but that's the breaks. Suck it up and move on.
This. it's not like you have to invest a ton of time into the seasons, set your line ups, refresh energy now and then, make it into playoffs. then focus for a day or so on keeping up your energy, and earn rewards you wouldn't have earned ANYWAYS. if nothing else, you get some fodder to feed, if you win round 1, you just earned an appropriate tier card for yourself. victory! for minimal effort! i don't get the whole 'WASTE OF TIME' argument. seasons play out on their own... you just have to check on them periodically. quick games take up way more time than seasons if you consider how much ACTUAL time you're doing something with your app.

I skated into my most recent UR season playoffs as the 7th seed, and proceeded to crush my way to the finals because i only energized my players every 5-7 hours a day so i lost a lot of games during the regular season but playoffs i just paid closer attention. Welcome to Season Time Management Course 101. You're currently getting a D+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #6
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Do you think it would be a useful feature to implement a "Home Court Advantage" where, say, the "home team" gets a slight boost to their stats?

I was going to suggest that the "home team" gets more likelihood at offense quarters, but then it struck me that CD would be admitting offense was a little OP, and they'd never do that because it's a bad PR move.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #7
Rookie

[quote=CedricFP;2046894018]Do you think it would be a useful feature to implement a "Home Court Advantage" where, say, the "home team" gets a slight boost to their stats?

I was going to suggest that the "home team" gets more likelihood at offense quarters, but then it struck me that CD would be admitting offense was a little OP, and they'd never do that because it's a bad PR move.[/QUOTE]

this is a great idea! it'll make the games fair too with the x amount of offensive quarters known to the players. we'll all have equal opportunities.

they can just omit the part where they'll give more offensive quarters to the home team, you know? just say we'll give them an advantage and that's it.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:27 PM   #8
Banned

I'd love to see us have the option to set priority for players. Set a rebounding player to be saved for a category with rebounding, same for players with high defense etc. right now I'm seeing my on category players being played in their worst stat for no reason. This would give players an advantage if they have balanced teams. Right now it's essentially random.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »