Home

Update 4 (December) Release Notes

This is a discussion on Update 4 (December) Release Notes within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Cat Daddy Games

OVR: 0

When the game comes out of maintenance, the new Update will be available. Here are the release notes:

What’s New?
  • Introducing the new Star card rarity! More powerful than Legendary cards!
  • New Record Setters card pack available. Get exclusive cards focused on NBA record holders.
  • A blast from the past. Every Thursday a limited edition “Throwback Thursday” pack (Rare to Epic) will be available for purchase.
  • Rebalanced Season rewards and improved drop rates on the Draft Board.
  • Card cap increased to 110.
  • Minor bug fixes

Additional Notes:
  • To celebrate the holidays, one limited edition Christmas Day Jersey Card Pack can be purchased, this week only, for a special price. This pack includes only Ultra Rare cards featuring players in their Christmas Day Jerseys. These are exclusive cards, different from the Christmas cards available in the Rivals Clash event. They will be allowed to be bought and sold on the Auction House and can be Pro’ed if you acquire duplicates.

• Introducing the new Star Rarity of cards. Star cards are the next tier above Legendary. It includes many historical players not in the game before, and new, more powerful versions of current players. Star cards are better than Legendary cards. This adds new Star, Star+, and Star++ tiers to Quick Games, and Star tier to Season games.

• A new Legendary Pack is now available in the store. This pack drops Legendary and Star cards. Like the Epic Pack, the higher tier cards drop less frequently. Cards from this pack draw from the “draft” pool of players, and will be available to be bought and sold on the Auction House in the future.
  • A new Record Setters Pack is now available in the store. It includes players that have an NBA record currently. They are Legendary and Star cards, with Star cards less likely to drop than Legendary. They can be turned into Pro cards if you get two identical cards. Unlike the regular packs these exclusive cards are only available through the Record Setters Pack. These cards will not be bought and sold on the Auction House.
  • Every Thursday, you have the opportunity to purchase one Throwback Thursday Pack. This pack contains Rare – Epic cards featuring historical players. These cards can be Pro’ed and will be allowed to be bought and sold on the Auction House.
  • Season rewards have been changed to accommodate the new Star Rarity. Legendary Season rewards have changed to match previous tier rewards (e.g. 1st place wins a card above the tier now (i.e. a Star card)). Star Rarity rewards match the previous Legendary reward structure. No other reward changes were made. If you were in a Legendary Season then you will be getting the new reward structure.
  • The Ladder has been updated with several new rewards above the current rewards. Go get those new Michael Jordan’s!
We try to ensure the update is available worldwide at the same time, but some app stores take longer than others to receive the bits. If you’re being told to update and you can’t find the update yet in your store wait an hour or two and try again.

Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy the new content! Merry Christmas!

Last edited by NWGameDad; 12-21-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Update 4 (December) Release Notes

I like the sound of that record setters pack, also in regards to the new MJ cards, has the ladder been restructured as in the number of games been changed or have those new MJ's just been added above?
Old 12-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Awesome! Is there any thoughts in updating the ladder rewards? Playing thousands of games for a single enhancement card is a bit excessive. You have to grind for months to even get the first epic jordan and in between only pick up a couple enhancements.
UR: 6 (1 support)
Old 12-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
Rookie

spainskiller's Arena

Can you tell us the price of that new throwback packs or we have to wait until Thursday?
And the price of the Christmas Day Jersey Card Pack?

Last edited by spainskiller; 12-21-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: error
Old 12-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizzyXV
I like the sound of that record setters pack, also in regards to the new MJ cards, has the ladder been restructured as in the number of games been changed or have those new MJ's just been added above?

They have been added above. It's very difficult to restructure the Ladder for games below. Don't expect that in the future. If you want MJ, play on!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by spainskiller
Can you tell us the price of that new throwback packs or we have to wait until Thursday?
And the price of the Christmas Day Jersey Card Pack?

I knew someone would ask me. I'm at home and don't have my spreadsheets from work with all the pricing. If I remember right, both packs are 400 Credits, but if I'm wrong don't filet me. :-) You'll see the price in game soon enough.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
Rookie

pardi's Arena

What is the price of the Record Setters Pack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #8
Banned

Has the draft rate been increased again or is that included from the last update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »