Home

Update 5 Release Notes and Auction House Beta

This is a discussion on Update 5 Release Notes and Auction House Beta within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Update 5 Release Notes and Auction House Beta

Great news!
Old 02-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #58
Pro

This is good news, well done on getting it up and running.

Two things though from my experience playing Fifa Ultimate (for years!) and being an avid AH trader:

1. A minimum list price that is not refunded is a GREAT idea
2. Having a limit on the number of auctions you can put up at one time is also a great idea
3. Having a tax on sale is a must to stop inflation BUT and this is a big BUT 30% is way to high guys. That is extremely prohibitive and doesn't encourage active trading in the market.

If you are not trying to make huge sums of cash off the AH then something like 10% helps with inflation yet still encourages trading.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #59
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespls
is 20 credits fairly minimal though? you roughly get that much from the Daily VC bonus, maybe 60 or 90 if you're lucky. And if your auction doesn't sell, that's a day worth of credits gone. 5 days worth of Daily VC bonus just to list up cards, with no guarantee that they'll sell doesn't seem very worth it, but that's just me.

You may be right, but one of the things we will monitor in Beta. Also, I did forget you get free Credits from the ladder too. Don't forget those either. Even someone who isn't using the Daily VC Bonus gets the Ladder rewards.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:33 PM   #60
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
Wow, I'm really disappointed. Why would you want to keep the number of auctions down? Only 5 at a time? 30%? That's outrageous. Part of the fun of these games is buying and selling cards. I've been buying Throwback Thursday cards every week for 500 credits because I was hoping there would be a market for them. If we have the ability to search for precisely what we want, why does it matter if the AH is "cluttered" with low-end cards?

The 5 card limit is for the Beta. We don't want the servers to fall over with people posting a ton of cards on day one. Our testing and modeling shows we can handle way more than that, but the real world is always a bit different. We're being cautious for the Beta.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #61
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcho
My guess is you can only sell 5 cards at a time to keep supply minimum. If everyone were able to dump 30 cards at once you'd have lots of dupes on the market, lots of dupes = lower prices so you can sell, lower prices, and you know how that goes.

As for the 20 credits charge to list, that's fine, its an AH, you pay to list things on eBay after all. That said, I don't think the reason is to stop 'junk' cards. If you wanted to stop junk cards you could just not allow common/uncommon? It is what it is, a fee, and that's fair.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I'm fine with just listing 5 cards. It stops scripters/botters just flooding the market with 'mined' cards. But yeh, the main reason is to probably stop oversupply and potential price drops or lack of activity.

I'm pretty sure I know why we put the charge in there. ;-) It's exactly what I said, we wanted to prevent junk auctions. We didn't want to remove Commons and Uncommons from the AH because some collectors like to finish their Catalog and will see some value in those cards they just are not pulling from the board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #62
All Star

yiy1156's Arena

More deck space or nah?

Btw, will the catalogue glitch I mentioned before be fixed in this update?
Epics: 26 (1 support)
Epic Pros: 1 (midyear Tereke Evans)
Drafted Epics: 24
Legendary players: 0
Legendary supports: 2
Drafted: 2
Rivals: MJ, Duncan, Ewing, Dirk, KD
Old 02-17-2015, 06:36 PM   #63
Pro

Yeah, I like how this is set up.

30% MAY be a bit too high, but we'll see in practice. People that want it too low, don't understand what that will do to the game's ecosystem.

As for the 20 credits... come on people. You get that everyday.

And again.. once you sell ONE card, if you don't already have 20 credits, you've bankrolled yourself for the rest of AH's existence.

Or... *gasp* you could spend $2, and get a couple hundred credits that way, and be set.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #64
Rookie

Chat for seasons or rival crash?
I think is a good idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »