Home

Q & A with NWGameDad

This is a discussion on Q & A with NWGameDad within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Q & A with NWGameDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_r1ch
I see what you're saying, I should have mentioned that on the lower end tiers Ultra and under, there were endless pages of the exact same card, so maybe that's what they were trying to prevent or maybe everyone listing everything would overload the system, it's network issues galore as it is now.

Not sure if they addressed the minimums being too high though, if they didn't then this whole feedback thing was a joke. At least they will separate the pro from non pro. But the two main issues were the 30% fee and too high minimums, but those seem unchanged.
If they leave the minimums where they are and just create a new, higher minimum for pros, I'm going to flip. As you said, they clearly aren't listening to the resounding feedback that they're getting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 08:30 PM   #42
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
If they leave the minimums where they are and just create a new, higher minimum for pros, I'm going to flip. As you said, they clearly aren't listening to the resounding feedback that they're getting.
I have a strong feeling that is what's going to happen. Pros will just cost more. Probably the price of what a pack costs.

I would have preferred some type of flexible minimum, where a fully trained card would have a different minimum than a non trained card. Pro's would be what the minimums are now and then lower from there. But if the minimums stay the same then it doesn't really matter.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #43
Pro

secrules2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_r1ch
Would anyone still buy hot streaks if they nerf the 3-2 strategy? I agree with everyone here, it's the only way to win a +5 game. If you can't win them semi consistently then what's the point?

I don't do 2 commons though. I'm at Epic++ but I have to drop to a super low Epic (afraid of resetting at a lower tier) to start winning consistently. You pretty much need at least two very very good cards to stand a chance.
Maybe they think that since the vast majority of players will no longer be able to compete with +5's then they will be forced to buy hot streaks to keep up playing the +3's.

Not trying to be negative here as it's just a thought.
Will your eternity be smoking or non-smoking?
Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #44
Rookie

dburba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by secrules2
Maybe they think that since the vast majority of players will no longer be able to compete with +5's then they will be forced to buy hot streaks to keep up playing the +3's.
Man I really hope they're not that cynical. That's a great way to kill your fan base, not make them spend more.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburba
Man I really hope they're not that cynical. That's a great way to kill your fan base, not make them spend more.
Not trying to support their decision, but maybe they are thinking that the majority of players would play the +3 games and everyone would then be on a level playing field. Only those with 5 star pros would be able to run +5 games. But that would make sense because those players built the best lineup, so they should be able to play the most rewarding games. Just an idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 08:25 AM   #46
Rookie

I don't really get the point of coming with an entirely new game every year. I would be more inclined to play this game if I knew that my "progress" wouldn't be gone in october when the next Nba2k game comes out with a new app. Why not make it like supercard? Seriously? It seems like a bad business decision, but maybe I just don't get it? Can someone explain the rationale?
Old 03-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikflair
I don't really get the point of coming with an entirely new game every year. I would be more inclined to play this game if I knew that my "progress" wouldn't be gone in october when the next Nba2k game comes out with a new app. Why not make it like supercard? Seriously? It seems like a bad business decision, but maybe I just don't get it? Can someone explain the rationale?
I would love for them to maintain the game and just progress season to season with updates, but if they did this they would lose a lot of money. People spend lots of money to get a good team fast. If they didn't make people start over every year then people would have the best lineup and stop playing after one year or so.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:33 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahonaker94
I would love for them to maintain the game and just progress season to season with updates, but if they did this they would lose a lot of money. People spend lots of money to get a good team fast. If they didn't make people start over every year then people would have the best lineup and stop playing after one year or so.
So people would stop playing when they have all cards? What about just adding three more tiers every year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »