Home

CD, Do you Watch Basketball?

This is a discussion on CD, Do you Watch Basketball? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2015, 12:31 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: CD, Do you Watch Basketball?

Just something to be aware of here...

We pretty much already had the stats discussion with NWGD back in December (before Star tier even came out!), and we were basically ignored. I wouldn't count on anything coming from this at all.

The discussion was had here, if anyone cares to read the same thing over again:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=817063
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Give me a couple MVP packs, the spreadsheets, a 4-pack of Red Bull and 24 hours and I'll have this problem solved
Old 03-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
Give me a couple MVP packs, the spreadsheets, a 4-pack of Red Bull and 24 hours and I'll have this problem solved
Seriously. It really wouldn't take much.

Good NBA knowledge + raw numbers.. that's it.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #28
Rookie

unreal_insan1ty's Arena

The RS card stats were easily adjusted too, it shouldn't be that big of an issue to fix the stats, but they won't do it without a huge outcry, because it means extra cost to them. Hopefully this thread blows up.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #29
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

Yeah I don't get it. There's no realistic scenario possible where Vernon Maxwell's offense is higher than his defense. Mad max was labeled Jordan killer for a reason and besides Joe Dumars, there were very few who could lockdown Jordan for 4 quarters straight. Since offense is so overpowering, they should have made defense just as overpowering for the select few who deserve it with an equal trade off for offensive points. Seeing all these great defenders with middling stats is just embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #30
Pro

Knissley's Arena

I was looking through the spreadsheet this morning and SPro CP3 has the exact same ATH as SPro Dr. J!

Huge CP fan, but this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKGBgKfxDX4 NEVER equals this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWYrjqfZqA8

E: OH and Blake Griffin has lower ATH than Marc Gasol!
SG: RC Kobe
SF: Star Pro Dandridge
PF: RC Rodman
C: Star Pro Ewing

Last edited by Knissley; 03-10-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #31
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knissley
I was looking through the spreadsheet this morning and SPro CP3 has the exact same ATH as SPro Dr. J!

Huge CP fan, but this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKGBgKfxDX4 NEVER equals this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWYrjqfZqA8

Funny enough when I think of CP3, athleticism is the last thing that comes to mind. He's a great defensive playmaker but better than Dr J is downright blasphemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #32
Pro

Just to beat this dead horse a tiny bit more, one more thing about these stats: they make certain categories nearly unwinnable.
Outside of the obvious DEF vs OFF categories, if you get, say, REB+PM against DEF+REB, it's basically unwinnable, because according to CD, there are somewhere between 0-3 players in the league that excel at Rebounding and Playmaking.

So Kevin Love (who is inexplicably bad at Rebounding in this game), Joakim Noah, Greg Monroe, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol and Russell Westbrook (again..) aren't great rebounders and passers? Rondo? Blake?

Noah and Blake both RAN their offenses for weeks/months last season. That's the main reason they both finished Top 5 in last year's MVP voting. They both get terrible PM numbers for that?

The stats really need to be lifted from the restrictions that keep them within 1% of everyone else, and let the cards of players with multiple elite skills actually reflect that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »