Home

Seasons Questions (Epic, Leg and Star)

This is a discussion on Seasons Questions (Epic, Leg and Star) within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 02:23 AM   #1
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

OVR: 0
Seasons Questions (Epic, Leg and Star)

Hey guys,

I've got a few questions about the seasons, and several of you have been really kind and generously helpful in answering my questions and helping me. I want to make sure I make the best use of the seasons system in combination with the Rivals Clashes.

I just finished winning an UR season and got an UR and an Epic (sadly neither was a 2nd of one I already have). My Ultra Rare rating for my seasons lineup has moved about 80% of the way towards the next level. Is that next level Epic? I assume seasons simply has a single tier for each quality, instead of the +/++ that our QG/RC decks have. Is that assumption correct?

A couple more questions:

1.) What are the rewards for winning and runner-up for Epic, Legendary and Star seasons?

2.) From what I can glean from looking at the forum seasons thread, winning a Star season will require having at least three properly leveled pro stars, unless I get really lucky with the other people assigned to the season. The FAQ says that star seasons are different than the prior tiers ... how so?

3.) How should I go about giving myself the best chance to consistently win seasons? I do a lot of board clears to keep my refills up so I can refill a couple times during the season (and ensure I make playoffs), and then keep myself full in the playoffs. So far I've won all three seasons I've done (One SR, two UR).

3a.) Since I am pretty close to having my seasons lineup to Epic, would I be better served by starting a new season right now (for an Epic and UR reward assuming I win), or grinding out until the lineup goes to epic tier?

To help answer 3a, I figure I should list what I've got in my lineup right now:

SF: Epic Pro Paul Pierce (40/40), Epic Luol Deng (13/35)
C: Legendary Mark Eaton (40/40), Legendary DeAndre Jordan (0/40) (RC reward)
PF: Legendary Serge Ibaka (40/40), Legendary Blake Griffin (29/40)
PG: Legendary Terry Porter (20/40), Epic Goran Dragic (0/35)
SG: Epic Tracy McGrady (35/35), Epic Manu Ginobili (0/35) (SG is my weakest spot atm)

Bench : 5x whites (pros that I combined without leveling them first when I was super new to the app)

Support: Legendary +40 Off to team (RC reward), Ultra Rare +15 Ath to team (Board clear reward)

Would putting Epics on my bench increase my deck rating enough to bump me into Legendary?

I listed the level up info so that whomever is willing to answer me can tell me whether starting a season now makes more sense than trying to get enough levels on these cards to get into Leg tier.

I presume I should start the Leg season the moment I can and then do as much leveling up of the lineup as possible (to max if I have the time) in order to maximize my chances of winning, yeah?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 02:29 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Seasons Questions (Epic, Leg and Star)

The season rewards follow the same pattern for each level up to star (star is slightly different with 3x stars for winning.

What I mean is if you win a season you get a card from that level eg UR in UR seasons and a card from the next level up e.g Epic in UR season. Coming second in UR gives 2x UR cards, Epic season coming second gives 2x Epic etc.

Also you are correct there is no +,++ for seasons, just one level for each.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:31 AM   #3
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

So I should just grind my way and get to Epic ASAP so I can start getting more Legendaries and hopefully get some pro Legendaries to boost myself into board clearing range of getting Stars?

Does my bench players boost my deck rating so I could start an epic season now and then level my cards up a ton to get an edge?

Also, thanks a ton for being so patient and answering my questions nzjase. You're a quality person and a great example for/of this community. I really appreciate your responses and helpfulness.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:37 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce
So I should just grind my way and get to Epic ASAP so I can start getting more Legendaries and hopefully get some pro Legendaries to boost myself into board clearing range of getting Stars?

Does my bench players boost my deck rating so I could start an epic season now and then level my cards up a ton to get an edge?

Also, thanks a ton for being so patient and answering my questions nzjase. You're a quality person and a great example for/of this community. I really appreciate your responses and helpfulness.
All 15 players impact your rating - so yes bench players that weren't commons would boost your deck. Whether you get to epic or not is hard to tell due to the number of untrained and partly trained players you have, just check yourself.

The general consensus on the forum here seems to be to play the highest season you can. The reasoning being that just making the playoffs gives you x2 cards from the tier below.

Making the semis in the tier above gives you the same reward as winning the tier below and making the semis is cake. I have never failed to do that and when you get into the final you are guaranteed 2x epics just for making it.

Lastly I would think you should be getting into Epic to try and get some more pro Epics (any legends is a bonus)... I mean why would you be grinding away in UR if you are trying to, or ready to, pro a bunch of legends?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:44 AM   #5
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

At the moment I have six Legendary cards. Two Power Forwards, a Point Guard, Two Centers and a support. I don't have any duplicates so I can't pro anything atm. That's why I'm so irritated I missed out on the 2x Legendary Jordan reward by so few points. Literally like 15 more wins and I'd have stayed in the tier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 02:45 AM   #6
Pro

Couple of other points

1. you know that UR pros are better than single Epics right? So given your grinding in UR I assume you have some URs you should be using instead of those single Epics.

2. I have 21 Epics but only 2 Epic pros... so my advice is to get into Epic seasons ASAP to start building up a number of epics to increase your chance of getting pros (and the odd legendary)

3. If you are playing in Epic season you should be in or pretty close to a legendary QG deck. This will net you a large amount of epics and legends. I have drafted 3x Leg cards so far (couple of stupid supports though) and about 10 epics

Lastly I am struggling to win Epic but am making the finals regularly - this is my third time now (and I am currently losing 2-0 again!) which gives me 2x epic cards. I am just hoping that soon I will start getting dupes coming out of my *** (given I have 20+ epics) and a host of epic pros will push me into legendary seasons.

FYI - this is my current line up in seasons:

2x Leg pro
2x Legend
2x Epic pro
1x Epic
3x UR

I will thankfully be adding another legend and a star to the above which will hopefully allow me to push to win the season.

Lastly my QG line up, if interested, is Leg pro, Leg pro, Star, Epic pro, Epic pro and that puts me 3/4 of the way through Leg ++ so star QG deck here I come!!
Old 03-17-2015, 02:48 AM   #7
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

I have SIXTEEN Ultra-rare cards, but not any duplicates. As soon as I get the two UR Jordans, I know I can at least make a pro to go in the SG slot and be better than just an epic there, assuming I don't get an epic dupe or a Leg before then.

Good points all, and thank you
Old 03-17-2015, 03:52 AM   #8
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Oh ... another question if you're still looking.

I have some Legendary cards that came from the MVP packs. I have seen different versions of the same player that are also Legendary. For example, I have Blake Griffin All-Star: West. If I get a "regular" Blake Griffin Legendary, can I combine the two to make a pro?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »