Home

Thanks CD, you made my life so much better

This is a discussion on Thanks CD, you made my life so much better within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 03:32 AM   #1
Rookie

Athens2004's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking Thanks CD, you made my life so much better

This is not ironic. CD is making my life better.
With all this changes , that doesnt need to be explained since everybody is talking about this, CD opened my eyes, not that i didn't know all the things i'll post here, but the game (as simple as it is) got me hooked. The first reason to get to this game is that i love basketball (started playing at age 5 to 25 and reched semi-pro, now i play amateur tournaments with friends and watch nba a lot)
If this wasnt a bball app i'd never even installed. This game have no sense, i'll be selling all my cards and gjve away the credits to someone else who keeps playing and want them (i'll start a new topic once i selll them all, im in star tier).
This wasnt hard to decide, just thinking it for a few minutes.
Is this hobby fun? Is there any challenge here? does here any sort of mental or manual skill apply? Well, NO.
The people with more money will allways be better, and the cheaters too. Now, they put this sort of "anti-bot" feature, well, its to late, cheaters and big spendeds allready made a huge difference, and now is harder (IMPOSSIBLE) to even chase them.
Is it worth to tap thousands of times a day on a screen or staying alert 24-7 to bost energy on seasons, stay up at any time just because "its playoffs time"? Is a "virtual card"worth that much money? Dont get me wrong, everybody can do whatever they want with his own cash, but 100 dollars for literally nothing? Really? Not to mention that you'll loose it all in a few months. Many people in the world would eat for months with that. And im not saying you should be mother Teresa, but at least i'll spend it on something that deserves the amount, tangible or not. A single card cost more than a sealed brand new game, in wich developers invest millions. This app costs maybe 0,00000001 compared to a real game.
How much time spended a player with 30, 40 or 100 K games played? Even if you reach the best cards/tier, what will you acomplish? Will you feel pride of this? Would this give you any kind of chat topic with someone out there aside from a small forum?
in all this time JUST TAPPING A SCREEN over and over, you could learn a language, read hundreds of books, learn how to play an instrument, meet new people, or finish several real games, well, infinite options, why this one then?
I feel sory for the people with this app as main hobby (obsetion for some). As i felt sory for myself in wasting so much time on this.
The world is so full of oportunities, games , hobbies, places to visit.
So, THANKS CD FOR MAKING MY WAY OUT EASIER. Dont want to be another obsesive-compulsive screen taping money spender.
This is a wall of text, i know, but if this can make a single person think, its worth it.
Sorry for my mediocre english, its not my main language.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 03:52 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Thanks CD, you made my life so much better

Made me think mate and I too am ditching it. I have other hobbies and interests that should take up my time, not this app and especially not now CD have shown their hand and true colours with the latest round of changes.

I won't uninstall the app though... I love the few games of Nba2k15 I play with my player on the console so the daily free VC and daily picks will be what keeps me signing in but I won't be doing anything else!
Old 03-19-2015, 04:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Well said, mate!
BOYCOTT this app seems the only way to make fxxking CD cares!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 04:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Athens2004's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzjase
Made me think mate and I too am ditching it. I have other hobbies and interests that should take up my time, not this app and especially not now CD have shown their hand and true colours with the latest round of changes.

I won't uninstall the app though... I love the few games of Nba2k15 I play with my player on the console so the daily free VC and daily picks will be what keeps me signing in but I won't be doing anything else!
You dont need to , they hook you with vc to convert you in a tapping zombi with a credit card.
Just start a 12 minutes match, play or let the ia play, when its about to finish In the last seconds, ask for a timeout. Quit and save. Then load, play the final seconds and you'll get 600 VC. You can load and do it every 20 minutes, you wont need this crappy app anymore.
I saw it on youtube, they say its working since 2k14 , 2k knows It , for sure, they dont care.
2k seems to be more and more disapointing every year, lots of bugs (that they know and dont fix), cheese is much worst than in 2k14, loss of VC when opponent quits or network problems...
I hope nba live can match 2k, the only way we will get better products is when there is a competition for the gamers choice.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:52 AM   #5
MVP

Dextro's Arena

So true and so sad at the same time - as they are not willing to give us a voice

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 05:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Well said.
Maybe it's time to say goodbye to CatDaddy and start looking at other hobbies ...
Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #7
Banned

djase's Arena

well said mate.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:27 AM   #8
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

Funny, I was ready to make a similar thread.

I played just as much as the next guy, and it is addicting but when you think about it, this game is really not fun at all, it's more tedious than anything, especially during RC. There is no skill involved like a traditional video game. You only go up against another human when you make it deep in the playoffs and even then, you don't control nothing, the computer plays for you, and lousy at that.

Unless you pay for premium packs, you never really have an advantage no matter what tier you're in or what cards you have. You draft a great card and the competition gets that much harder. The difficulty is pretty much the same from common to star. It's just one big circle doing the same thing over and over and over again. Insanity!

The only real satisfaction on this game is drafting a card at your tier because it takes such a long time to get one from the board. I see why people script/bot, because it's not fun playing countless quick games for hours and hours just to see if you get something.

I enjoyed the game, but these changes have me questioning why even bothered in the first place.

Anyway, just picked up Battlefield, so that may make my decision much easier. At least if I play for 7 hours straight it will be because I'm having fun doing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »