Home

Definitive Strat for RTTP

This is a discussion on Definitive Strat for RTTP within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #25
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Definitive Strat for RTTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC323
Wow after taking my RTTC deck from leg+ to leg++ I find I still can't win +2 games in Star because almost all of the double events are rebounding. This game is awesome.
Put in as many players as you can who can trigger +reb to team. Buy a support +reb to team card. The events are supposedly random, so that sounds like bad luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 11:57 PM   #26
Rookie

MichaelC323's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce
Put in as many players as you can who can trigger +reb to team. Buy a support +reb to team card. The events are supposedly random, so that sounds like bad luck.
I switched to +5 to see the double events and only got one rebounding once. Get rebounding nearly every time on +2 double events. Seriously can't imagine it's random. I would screenshot it but that wouldn't prove anything to catdaddy. Oh well, probably no Ewing for me.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:39 AM   #27
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelC323
I switched to +5 to see the double events and only got one rebounding once. Get rebounding nearly every time on +2 double events. Seriously can't imagine it's random. I would screenshot it but that wouldn't prove anything to catdaddy. Oh well, probably no Ewing for me.
Also, the reason I recommend getting 5 pro(legendary/star) in two separate positions is so that you are playing cards in position as they still seem to get the stat boost for being in position, while the computer cards frequently don't.

If you have the cards strong enough to beat +2, but are just getting screwed by getting rebound vs. rebound over and over, you should probably be able to win +5 enough to get it. Don't give up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I'm glad the strat works so consistently well. I can't imagine that CD will nerf it, but even if they tweak the points a little so that you need to win all the double events plus a little more (like one of the singles in 3 rounds), then we'll only need to stack another position group with 4 top cards.

What kind of annoyed me more than anything is that the challenge doesn't really match itself to your 25-man deck. Everyone faces the same opposition against each opponent card, and those cards are just leveled up more from +2 to +5 to +7 (and there's very little difference between +2 and +5, but a gigantic GULF of difference between 5 and 7).
Old 03-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #28
Rookie

bullseye's Arena

I'm in leg++ tier in RTTC but have no chance for Ewing. I have 5 stars/leg pros/RCs in 2 positions but I still can't win (all) the double events because the opponent constantly gets cards with 1600-1700 per stat. I played a couple of games and I think I'll give up, my team is not strong enough. I need 5 star pros to do this. Which is totally stupid because I sweep Malone at +7 games but get crushed by Ewing at +2... The balance is missing.

Last edited by bullseye; 03-22-2015 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:21 AM   #29
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye
I'm in leg++ tier in RTTC but have no chance for Ewing. I have 5 stars/leg pros/RCs in 2 positions but I still can't win (all) the double events because the opponent constantly gets cards with 1600-1700 per stat. I played a couple of games and I think I'll give up, my team is not strong enough. I need 5 star pros to do this. Which is totally stupid because I sweep Malone at +7 games but get crushed by Ewing at +2... The balance is missing.
Yes ... the balance goes from "Obliterate on +7" to "Can't win +2" basically immediately.

You will note that I suggested Ewing requires 5 Star Pros paired with 5 Leg pros or leveled Stars and that Hakeen will take you 10 star pros and some luck (good support and other cards triggering team wide buffs).

Having 10 properly leveled star pros and using hot streaks to get up to the last card would probably allow you to win the final card with +2's without sacrificing sleep or buying extra game nights.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:29 AM   #30
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

I think the most useful conclusion about all of this is obvious:

The game is super easy to figure out. All you need to do is win the "double" event in each quarter, and you win the game, even if you lose the other 75% of the card matchups.

The fact that this strategy is so easy to game by stacking your best cards in two different position columns, and yet it's still ridiculous difficult to get through the last two tiers ... probably means the difficulty needs to be adjusted.

I'm not saying that +7 needs to be easy for the last couple cards or anything, but it seems reasonable that you should be able to +5 one tier above your deck and +2 one tier further if you are willing to buy extra game nights.

So an Epic tier RTTP deck should be able to +5 through to get a Legendary Card (getting a card one tier higher than your best 25 cards combined is probably equivalent to getting a card that won't even make your QG/RC 5-player team), and should be able to grind out the first Star card via +2 matches (but would need to buy extra game nights). This would make CD considerably more money.

A Legendary tier RTTP deck should be able to +5 through the first Star and would definitely have to buy extra game nights to +2 its way through Hakeem ... and a Legendary tier RTTP deck almost certainly has at least five Pro Star cards.

This would make investing the 63 hours into the event actually give a reasonable reward. After all, winning a season gives you the next tier up as a card, and requires far less actual interaction.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 AM   #31
Rookie

muc.zephyr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye
same here (8 leg pro's + 2 rc's)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #32
Rookie

Perfect, thanks for all this tips !

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »