Home

Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

This is a discussion on Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 AM   #73
Banned

Sir Master Tim's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

Honestly, that card image sucks. I wuld actually prefer to have The Armpit then that. The one thing I felt CD drastically improved upon midyear was the new card designs. This, well this is just sh***y. I hope CD does not find that acceptable.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #74
Pro

I quite like it, but them stats lol. that offence cheese!
you guys still spending 15-20K on credits to get a RC pro and for what? lol. I'm saving my credits to get a few Playoff's card!

@Lefxy_
MVP: J.Lin

Old 04-23-2015, 07:47 AM   #75
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

I actually think the cards look nice. That gold and red accent will really compliment my Rockets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 01:53 AM   #76
Rookie

Versatyle's Arena

Brad..

I was wondering if you guys/ladies at catdaddy are planning to put the RC' card on AH? Most single RC cards are useless now cause cant even pro them. You guys should atleast consider it so it has a chance to compete agaist PO or HOF cards. Theres only been 3 RC events that was able to pro the RC cards that was within the top 100. The previous rc event was jusy top 5. And all those single rc cards are just gathered up with no use.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:08 AM   #77
Banned

Sir Master Tim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatyle
Brad..

I was wondering if you guys/ladies at catdaddy are planning to put the RC' card on AH? Most single RC cards are useless now cause cant even pro them. You guys should atleast consider it so it has a chance to compete agaist PO or HOF cards. Theres only been 3 RC events that was able to pro the RC cards that was within the top 100. The previous rc event was jusy top 5. And all those single rc cards are just gathered up with no use.
This is a good idea. The problem im currently having with RC is that after PO tier drops, I will no longer need the current RC cards. It is no longer beneficial to me to HS/grind for hours just to get an unproable RC card. I can at least pro regular star cards and it would be easier just to pro a leg. Proing a leg may cost a little more depending on how you do it but I can at least turn around and sell it when I need to. So I can make money off legends and a single PO card is stronger then a single RC. RC cards are falling into a crevice where they are not profitable and are no longer statistically advantageous to have especially if they keep throwing out guards as if they were dimes.

Last edited by Sir Master Tim; 04-27-2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: where are my flapjacks
Old 06-02-2015, 02:43 AM   #78
Just started!

Given the current reward structure for playoff seasons, there is almost NO incentive to attempt to win the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs unless you are convinced you can make it to the finals.

Given these facts:
1st round loss awards a MVP card ( of which there are only 26 last time I counted ), and can be easily pro'ed via the auction house for 5,000 cr.

2nd or 3rd round loss awards a HOF card ( of which there are more than 60 ) and which cannot be pro'ed unless you win the other half via another playoff season (highly unlikely) or buy a HOF card for 10,000 cr and get lucky. (Also unlikely). Agreed, it's a better card than a MVP single, but pretty much useless to people playing at the playoff tier, since HOF cards aren't auctionable.

This is already leading to people throwing the 1st round of the playoffs, in order to get the MVP card instead of the HOF card. I really don't think this is what you intended.

Possible solutions:
1). Make HOF cards auctionable.
2). Adjust the reward structure for playoff tier seasons (remembering that just to get to this level means you probably have a good stack of star level pros to begin with...)

Thanks!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »