Home

Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

This is a discussion on Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamduo
They get no money from AH sale unless someone buys credits though. Saying you won't buy the packs is basically saying you aren't a potential customer and therefore no reason to change either way. I do agree that if they aren't upgraded (they won't be) then there is no reason to buy them.
Well, I've always contended that credits need to come from somewhere. Right now, the majority of credits probably come from the top 20% of users (based solely on the 80/20 rule) and are barely spread out throughout the user base before becoming completely consumed (there are soooo many ways that credits cease to exist: buying unsellable cards, buying cards to train, 30% tax, etc.). The more credits that flow through the system, the better for everyone, including CD. A better system would probably get more of the user base to spend money on credits, since you would get more for your buck. I think right now people just feel like they are getting ripped off, so they don't spend as much (you'll always have free-to-pay players, but I'm talking more about people that would be willing to spend if they got value for their money).

Anyway, I totally got off track, didn't I? I guess my point is that almost ALL credits that exist were likely purchased (free credits are so scarce). Since there are limited options for someone to spend credits on right now, MVP packs will likely be unsellable soon (which we agree on).
Old 04-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #18
MVP

joenuts83's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes, please make MVPs auctionable as they will be obsolete when the new tier comes out. This way us completionist will have a better chance of duping. I have 3 shaqs, so 1 pro and a single MVP and i know someone wants the spare i got.
QG LU

Epic Pro Maurice Cheeks
Epic Pro Monta Ellis
Epic Pro Larry Johnson
Epic Pro Draymond Green
Epic Pro Dikembe Mutombo
Old 04-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #19
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

It doesn't matter if the HoF cards are getting boosted because there are 63 of them. To get a pro version could take as many as 64 pack purchases, which is over $4,000.

If I could buy the HoF players I wanted on the AH, even at the same cost (or even slightly more) than the packs, then I might consider it, because I could address my weak spots, and ensure that I can beat RttC and play top tier seasons.

Otherwise I have no motivation to spend any money and will just keep getting free Star cards from the draft board and RC, and soon seasons.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #20
MVP

joenuts83's Arena

So then instead of selling packs why doesnt CD put their own cards on the AH so that we can bid on them, starting at pack price and BIN at whatever they want it to be?

I think more people would buy those packs that way, indirectly.
QG LU

Epic Pro Maurice Cheeks
Epic Pro Monta Ellis
Epic Pro Larry Johnson
Epic Pro Draymond Green
Epic Pro Dikembe Mutombo
Old 04-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #21
Rookie

so the pro playoff player will have the highest rating?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #22
Rookie

bullseye's Arena

Will there also be special playoff cards like MVPs for star tier? And will they be available from the beginning of the playoff tier or from a later point on?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #23
Rookie

Vicious1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamduo
Those last words are the exact opposite that CD wants to hear in order for them to make that an option.....

Correct just to clarify buying MVP packs.

There are so many now powerful cards it makes no sense unless they plan on dropping the price considerably.

Might as well open it up to AH and let folks feel like they can still use MVPs as potential pro versions otherwise those cards are useless just like RS, All Stars, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Rookie

BoAKwon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
Playoff Pros will be better than RC Star cards. RC/HoF/PnP Pro cards will be able to beat single PO cards, and PO Pros if they are not fully leveled.
Will regular Star Pros beat single PO?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »