Home

Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

This is a discussion on Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Playoff Tier and Hof/P&P Stats

No Drew League tier?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #42
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebino
Mas009 that was actually my post on facebook, I tried posting it in this forum, but for some reason it never went through. Two follow ups from my post is

1) one of the reasons we all bought mvps was because we thiught mvps would be the best tier until playoffs and we'd continue to earn 3 stars to sell. Now it's the 4th/5th best tier and we only earn 1 star for winning a season. We really gain no extra benefit other than a few credits compared to teams that didn't buy any mvps.

2) I think catdaddy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with making mvps obsolete. I'm not quitting but I'm not spending a dime the rest of this year. I won't be downloading the game next year. If I feel this way, I know 100s of other people will too. Catdaddy can make this right by allowing us to sell mvps/Allstars/record setters. A lot of hard earned money and time went into making our teams great. To only have that benefit for 3 weeks and to have that benefit be reduced by 1/3rd without any notice is taking advantage of their wealthiest and most dedicated consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but who is going to buy MVP pros for the likely outrageous minimum they'll sell at? Especially when playoff cards will be better investments?

Don't get me wrong, I completely sympathise with you, and agree with all of your points. I'm just trying to say that simply making MVP/AS/RS sellable doesn't really fix the issue, and only offers relief in the form of sold singles.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #43
Rookie

I think the moral of the story is to not spend credits on these high priced packs if you don't want your cards being obsolete in a few weeks.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #44
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

I've always been weary of spending credits on packs that directly say that they won't be able to be sold on the auction house. Seems like a huge gamble. Especially on those that can get you a lower tier card.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:20 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricFP
Yeah, but who is going to buy MVP pros for the likely outrageous minimum they'll sell at? Especially when playoff cards will be better investments?

Don't get me wrong, I completely sympathise with you, and agree with all of your points. I'm just trying to say that simply making MVP/AS/RS sellable doesn't really fix the issue, and only offers relief in the form of sold singles.
I think everyone is pi$$ed that regardless of what tier you're Cash Daddy keeps finding new ways to rip everyone off.

Clearly everyone enjoys what the app is but the greed factor is now negating that. How about this community boycotts credits and see if that has an impact?

I'm not talking about boycotting the game as I don't believe people would, just stop purchasing packs & credits. That ultimately is their revenue stream. If everyone just sticks to trying to improve their deck through Season, QG and RC / RTTC WITHOUT purchasing credits that would send a message on how strongly the community feels.

While the benefit now may not be seen if everyone here bought into this and held firm until 2k15 runs its course they may adopt a more customer focused approach for the 2k16 release.

So, would people be up for boycotting the current credits system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 04:32 AM   #46
Rookie

Gabviper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daradrama
I think everyone is pi$$ed that regardless of what tier you're Cash Daddy keeps finding new ways to rip everyone off.

Clearly everyone enjoys what the app is but the greed factor is now negating that. How about this community boycotts credits and see if that has an impact?

I'm not talking about boycotting the game as I don't believe people would, just stop purchasing packs & credits. That ultimately is their revenue stream. If everyone just sticks to trying to improve their deck through Season, QG and RC / RTTC WITHOUT purchasing credits that would send a message on how strongly the community feels.

While the benefit now may not be seen if everyone here bought into this and held firm until 2k15 runs its course they may adopt a more customer focused approach for the 2k16 release.

So, would people be up for boycotting the current credits system?
Agree. I wanted to buy some credits, but now...I'm not sure I really want to.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:16 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabviper
Agree. I wanted to buy some credits, but now...I'm not sure I really want to.
To add further insult to injury, I've had to play over a 1,000 games to finally get my tier reset and what did I pull??? A f**king Support card. Great.

I was hoping for a dupe so I might have a 0.01% chance of getting through the Rashard Lewis card on RTTC but thought I'd at least get a Star to add to my modest collection.

I would love to get the Kobe card that's the top reward simply because he's one of my favourite players and I'd love to have him in my line-up but there's no chance of that. Even if there were what's the point?

While he would actually improve my line-up as I've never managed to win a season and best reward in season has been a Leg card, for those that actually will win him he's of no use unless they're in the tiny minority who's lifestyle somehow allows for limitless time and money to be invested into RC to get a dupe.

But those people should maybe ask themselves is it worth it? I'd be willing to wager that come the playoff tier there'll be a playoff Kobe that will crush this Kobe. And after that there'll be a vintage tier with players like Craig Ehlo that will crush Playoff Kobe, HoF Hakeem, Record Setter Chamberlain etc. etc.

Last year I invested a bit of money and ended up with a decent Legendary line up that included the likes of Bill Russell, Pippen, Karl Malone, Lebron and Drexler. This year I'm furious I invested any money because:

1. It's proved impossible to get into the top level of the game
2. Even if I had managed to,(say last December) and had a legendary line-up including the same players as above, that line-up would be beaten by the new tiers that consist of "Stars" like Horace Grant, Nick Young, Monta Ellis...

I don't mean to disrespect any of these players and I selected ones I do actually like as examples but I'm quite sure Horace Grant would agree in basketball folklore terms he's not quite up there with Wilt Chamberlain or Dr. J.

I'd invite NWGD to explain the rationale behind their consistent ignoring of the community feedback and also give an indication if the game next year will be aimed more at the broader community rather than the "whales" who also have started to get annoyed at the current approach based on some of the posts in here.

For users who feel the same please voice your opinion also....
Old 04-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #48
Rookie

Bane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daradrama

I'd invite NWGD to explain the rationale behind their consistent ignoring of the community feedback and also give an indication if the game next year will be aimed more at the broader community rather than the "whales" who also have started to get annoyed at the current approach based on some of the posts in here.

For users who feel the same please voice your opinion also....
It's good to always express your opinions and feelings if you feel something needs to be changed. But no matter how many times we voice our opinion by posting, feedbacks or suggestions. It doesn't seem to be having an effect. Has the game been getting better or worse as every month goes by? We all know the answer to that.

The best way to get your point across is to stop spending. Even if only 10% go cold turkey from spending I think they will take notice of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »