Home

3/2 Nerf, when?

This is a discussion on 3/2 Nerf, when? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2015, 01:53 PM   #73
Community Manager at Cat Daddy Games

brad_nicholson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 3/2 Nerf, when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
The problem with RC's is that the rewards for our QG LU pulls are far inferior to what we're actually hunting for. So the whole idea of using our best cards for amazing pulls falls flat when we get better cards by going 3/2, and grinding the hell out of +5. It's especially important considering the pull rates are so low that RC's are the #1 way to improve your deck.

My 8 best cards are all from RC's, and I have over 9000 games under my belt, so I'm at a point where improving my deck via QG is agony as I need 1000 games between pulls at my tier. Don't even get me started on how tiny the chances that my tier pull every 1000 games or so is a dupe.

if the 3/2 doesn't exist, though, players won't be able to get better cards by using it.

that's a fair bit of feedback regarding duping cards. getting that tier drop you wanted but not the player is definitely a pain point. i think that's an area where we can improve for ya.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #74
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
the goal is to increase the diversity of cards you're using. we want you to feel like you can compete with your five besties because others are doing the same. matchmaking will respect that, so you shouldn't get into sitches where you're playing massively above your tier. in RC's in particular, the higher you climb the harder it gets.
Do you mean to say that the +5 matchups get harder the higher ranked you are in the RC? I finished #152 in this last RC ... but I didn't really notice any increase in difficulty.

Of course, I spent most of the RC ranked above that, and a lot of the early RC in the top 100.

My worry is that 3/2 goes away and I need to run 5 Star Pros (or PO pros when we're at that tier) and I'll get matched up against people running the premium $100 a pop cards with better stats when I'm trying to QG or RC.

I mean ... with RC, I can drop down to a lower tier and use top level supports to win 100%, if it comes to it ... but I'm just a little worried about whatever you guys plan to do.

I've spent a decent amount of money on the game, but I don't want to spend the kind of money it takes to make Pro cards buying packs that costs 10,000 credits each, have 63 possible cards, and thus the probabilities say that to make a lineup of 5 dupes from a pack like that is well into the thousands of dollars.

And I have to expect the Playoff pack will be even harder, as everyone is expecting it to be like 80% chance of getting a Star card, 20% chance of getting a playoff card ... and more expensive than the HoF pack.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:56 PM   #75
MVP

Dextro's Arena

1000 games for a reset would be lovely - my last one took 2100 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 02:02 PM   #76
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
if the 3/2 doesn't exist, though, players won't be able to get better cards by using it.

that's a fair bit of feedback regarding duping cards. getting that tier drop you wanted but not the player is definitely a pain point. i think that's an area where we can improve for ya.
In QG, good LU balance and opponent choice can minimise annoyances from running into tanks and give you the best chance at running your best cards for optimal pull chances.

However, in RC the inherent difficulty of the matchmaking system makes 3/2 a necessity if you're gunning for top 1000 or better. If you're running into decks a tier above yours, then you have to take measures to make sure you are capable of beating those guys at a fair pace or it makes the +5 games pointless.

The downside is in getting worse pulls, but honestly that doesn't really matter in RC. I started the last RC with my best deck being Leg ++ and that's with all 5 cards, but due to the huge gap til Star, I could run a 3/2 in Leg ++. Unfortunately that meant I was running into star level decks with a main 3 all superior to my best 3, meaning outside of lucky stat choices winning was a frustrating chore. So I swapped out a card and dropped myself down to the upper reaches of Leg +, it gave me a much more comfortable selection of opponents (with the occasional killer deck). Thanks to that I managed to come 653rd, having spent hours and hours grinding.

My reward? An RC Wall and Star Arenas, both cards far superior to what my deck could attain via standard pulls, completely worth the drop in tier. What did I snag via standard pulls? A leg Sam Jones and a bunch of epics and below, for my 1400+ games I managed to get a single card in my tier, one, that was it - even that was partly due to an abundance of games played during the prior RC and RttC.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #77
Rookie

Brad. What if you chose a few players as beta testers. Go with some of the moderators or people they deem trustworthy.

It's Common practice in my line of work. When ever we don't bring in every day operations guys for some very small! beta testing we have a hard time explaining how on earth we could have been so stupid to miss the obvious Bug or misconcept. Bugs that will be there inevitably.

MVP Magic Johnson
Old 04-13-2015, 03:21 PM   #78
Rookie

Some other guys are from it too. So you wouldn't have to explain all the stuff to an amateur.

MVP Magic Johnson
Old 04-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #79
Rookie

I'm not suggesting me of course as I had a certain civilized! rant about how I am done giving constructive Feedback.

MVP Magic Johnson
Old 04-13-2015, 03:48 PM   #80
Banned

Sir Master Tim's Arena

Quote:
the goal is to increase the diversity of cards you're using. we want you to feel like you can compete with your five besties because others are doing the same. matchmaking will respect that, so you shouldn't get into sitches where you're playing massively above your tier. in RC's in particular, the higher you climb the harder it gets.
Im sorry but have you ever played this game before? The only players that can play at their level during RC and still win are the players with HoF/PaP pro cards and that is a form of 3/2 lineup its self as they would already be in the next tier if it was out.

Another problem I have is there was a few games when I had at least 3 offense calls sometimes 4 but then I would go a couple of games without getting the call.

Last edited by Sir Master Tim; 04-13-2015 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Who the duce are you

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »