Home

3/2 Nerf, when?

This is a discussion on 3/2 Nerf, when? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #65
Banned

Sir Master Tim's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 3/2 Nerf, when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro
Lower your expectation mate.
Donīt expect anything from them, and maybe, but only maybe then they will meet them
Ya Im with ya. just havin a lil fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 04:11 AM   #66
Banned

CitronsG6's Arena

Used to get pissed when i played 5 of my best cards back in my SR days and get killed by that final common in the 4th ..... Then i join the party and never look back..... personally i think 3/2 is awesome and we all go back to our strongest cards when the RCs are over.... and its not like we dont pay a price for using 3/2, most of us drop down to lower tiers and mess up our resets
Old 04-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitronsG6
Used to get pissed when i played 5 of my best cards back in my SR days and get killed by that final common in the 4th ..... Then i join the party and never look back..... personally i think 3/2 is awesome and we all go back to our strongest cards when the RCs are over.... and its not like we dont pay a price for using 3/2, most of us drop down to lower tiers and mess up our resets
Exactly this.

RC = 3/2 to play up a tier while QGs are your 5 best cards or maybe a 4/1 to stay in your top tier.
QG tier: Playoff ++

QG Line-Up:
PG: PO Pro Kyle Lowry
SG: PO Pro Kobe Bryant
SF: PO Pro Larry Bird
PF: PO Pro Shawn Kemp
C: PO Pro DeAndre Jordan
Old 04-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #68
MVP

Dextro's Arena

We will see how they will "solve" this issue.
In my opinion they should focus on the real bugs and get rid of them - before doing stuff like this.
Cause I do have the feeling, they will make things even more worse with their "addition".

And to be honest, donīt know why they hired this strange guy, which calls himself community manager. Giving them feedback on improvements and or bugs is such a waste of time. You could also write the facility manager an email and have a bigger chance that you get a response.
Sorry to be that honest, but that is really my opinion on it.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:48 PM   #69
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
yeah, so we're not huge fans of the 3/2. philosophically, we want players to get awesome cards, put those awesome cards in their decks, and then perform better as a result. that rush you get whenever you pull something new or fantastic? we like that. that feeling you feel when a card really completes your five-man deck? we love that. making a decision to NOT use a card because it benefits your matchmaking isn't something we're all that after (minus the edge cases when you want to, say, avoid tipping over ++ until you receive a few more cards).

we've tried to tackle the 3/2 a couple of times and my impression is that we finally got it. there's some more testing to do, i think, but we'll get that out to you as soon as possible.

(also, sorry about the vagueness -- the fix is a 'secret sauce' kind of thing.)
Here's the problem. As soon as I had the cards to get into Star++ doing the 3/2 thing, I started getting trucked by decks that played a Pro HOF or Pro RC card in 1 or 2 of the first 3 quarters, with MVP pros in where they didn't have HoF/RC.

If I add in star pros (or even just RC singles) to the other two slots, the decks I'm paired against are even harder ... and that's in the current 3/2 system. And further, that's in QG ... that's not even RC where the +5 game is already against someone with more total points than me. RC will be even worse, which is why folks drop tiers during RC as it is.

I don't see how this change can possibly lead to anything other than a situation where either folks drop $1000+ to be able to win a reasonable amount of the time or just quit. And I'm guessing most will just quit.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #70
MVP

Dextro's Arena

I am pretty sure, we will find a workaround.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #71
Community Manager at Cat Daddy Games

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce
Here's the problem. As soon as I had the cards to get into Star++ doing the 3/2 thing, I started getting trucked by decks that played a Pro HOF or Pro RC card in 1 or 2 of the first 3 quarters, with MVP pros in where they didn't have HoF/RC.

If I add in star pros (or even just RC singles) to the other two slots, the decks I'm paired against are even harder ... and that's in the current 3/2 system. And further, that's in QG ... that's not even RC where the +5 game is already against someone with more total points than me. RC will be even worse, which is why folks drop tiers during RC as it is.

I don't see how this change can possibly lead to anything other than a situation where either folks drop $1000+ to be able to win a reasonable amount of the time or just quit. And I'm guessing most will just quit.

the goal is to increase the diversity of cards you're using. we want you to feel like you can compete with your five besties because others are doing the same. matchmaking will respect that, so you shouldn't get into sitches where you're playing massively above your tier. in RC's in particular, the higher you climb the harder it gets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 01:49 PM   #72
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
the goal is to increase the diversity of cards you're using. we want you to feel like you can compete with your five besties because others are doing the same. matchmaking will respect that, so you shouldn't get into sitches where you're playing massively above your tier. in RC's in particular, the higher you climb the harder it gets.
The problem with RC's is that the rewards for our QG LU pulls are far inferior to what we're actually hunting for. So the whole idea of using our best cards for amazing pulls falls flat when we get better cards by going 3/2, and grinding the hell out of +5. It's especially important considering the pull rates are so low that RC's are the #1 way to improve your deck.

My 8 best cards are all from RC's, and I have over 9000 games under my belt, so I'm at a point where improving my deck via QG is agony as I need 1000 games between pulls at my tier. Don't even get me started on how tiny the chances that my tier pull every 1000 games or so is a dupe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »