Home

RttC re-balancing thoughts (Attn: Brad, NWGD)

This is a discussion on RttC re-balancing thoughts (Attn: Brad, NWGD) within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 01:30 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: RttC re-balancing thoughts (Attn: Brad, NWGD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
Ok, NOW we're starting to veer back into the same discussions from weeks ago, which have nothing to do with RttC.

I'll make a couple of quick points, and that's it.

1. I don't think CD puts an enormous amount of credits into the system, but when you think about it, they do put a.... not insignificant number of credits into the system. Through seasons, there are at least tens of thousands of credits dumped in every day (maybe hundreds of thousands? Don't know how many seasons are running daily). Daily bonus is negligible (regardless of how many users there are). They could do more, obviously, but they do recognize on some level that they need to feed the beast.

2. As for your overall stance on AH, you want it to be a wide open system. I just don't think that's what CD wants, and I don't think they're necessarily wrong. You want everything to have value, so everyone can buy things, and that's that. CD wants it restricted, because they don't want people to just be able to dump money, and get every single thing they want, necessarily, regardless of how much they want to spend.

It's a difference in philosophy, and I don't think that one way is right or wrong, just a matter of preference. In this case, I'm with CD in a lot of ways. I don't believe the AH necessarily needs to be a place where everyone can get all that they want, even at fair market prices. Important point: I never liked the idea of an Auction House to begin with, as it has potential to destroy natural progression through the game (which I enjoy) without many of the risks of buying packs (dropping LARGE amounts of money, and never getting what you want).

I do totally recognize anyone's right to feel differently, as this is strictly a matter of opinion on how people want the game to go. I don't think you're wrong in having your preference.

I do think it's wrong to think that this preference is somehow fundamentally more valid than wanting to keep the game restricted in ways. You work under the assumption that things flowing more freely is unquestionably a better thing, and I don't think that's as much of a given as you do.
While I prefer a more open market, I'm not saying it has to be such. I would have been okay if they hadn't created the AH and we could've followed the more natural progression you talked about. I just think that if you're going to create a market, do it right. I think a more open economic system would benefit both parties. It would be a more engaging platform for the users and (I believe) would be more lucrative for CD.

You're right, it is a matter of personal opinion. I also didn't mean to make it out to be the best or only way to do it. I just see a ton of potential in this game, yet I see a community that isn't happy with how they're treated. I see improvements in the game overshadowed by head-shaking decisions. I'd like to see CD be a little less conservative and a little more... well, the opposite of whatever they've been lately. I'd like to see new ideas and initiatives. RttC, to me, is a huge success. I'd love to see some improvements, but I think it's a cool game mode that I personally enjoy more than RC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »