Home

RttC re-balancing thoughts (Attn: Brad, NWGD)

This is a discussion on RttC re-balancing thoughts (Attn: Brad, NWGD) within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #57
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RttC re-balancing thoughts (Attn: Brad, NWGD)

A 10,000 credit pack really is $67. If I spend $100 for 15,000 credits, then 2/3 of that is $67.

It doesn't have to be my money, but it seems very likely that a very large majority of the credits in the game were purchased with cash. I can get them on the AH, at no cost to myself (except for time spent playing to get what I'm selling to someone else), but it seems patently clear that a very large portion of the credits I get from AH sales originated via people spending money on credit bundles.

CD reps are purposefully vague about this. They say "a lot" of credits are given away for free, and I'm sure with the 180,000 people who participate in the RC events, it's possible that all of those folks are pulling in the small amount of free credits every day from the VC bonus board, and that would add up to a lot of credits.

But how many total credits are there in the system? What percentage of total credits that have ever been introduced into the economy were free? 5%? 10%? Those are probably guesses on the high side.

Just because I can grind out cards and sell them on the AH and end up with credits that I spent only time to get does not mean that those credits are disconnected from the real world economy. It's a specious argument to say that they have no relationship to money spent.

The data is withheld, and only CD could possibly know, and they specifically avoid going anywhere near the realm of being specific at all when talking about it.

In the end, all we can say for certain is that any purchase that uses AH derived funds has some portion of its credits as a result of real money being spent. How much we cannot say because CD doesn't feel that its in their best interests to give specific figures.

With specifics, it would be very easy to run the math and see what the "real" cost of a 1 in 65 chance to pro an HoF card at 10,000 credits per attempt ends up being.
Lineup:
PG: Foil Legendary Pro MVP Stephen Curry
SG: Foil Epic Pro George Gervin
SF: Foil Legendary Pro LeBron James
PF: Foil Epic Pro Larry Johnson
C : Foil Epic Pro Robert Parish
Old 04-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #58
Pro

Illmatic1909's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartForce
A 10,000 credit pack really is $67. If I spend $100 for 15,000 credits, then 2/3 of that is $67.

It doesn't have to be my money, but it seems very likely that a very large majority of the credits in the game were purchased with cash. I can get them on the AH, at no cost to myself (except for time spent playing to get what I'm selling to someone else), but it seems patently clear that a very large portion of the credits I get from AH sales originated via people spending money on credit bundles.

CD reps are purposefully vague about this. They say "a lot" of credits are given away for free, and I'm sure with the 180,000 people who participate in the RC events, it's possible that all of those folks are pulling in the small amount of free credits every day from the VC bonus board, and that would add up to a lot of credits.

But how many total credits are there in the system? What percentage of total credits that have ever been introduced into the economy were free? 5%? 10%? Those are probably guesses on the high side.

Just because I can grind out cards and sell them on the AH and end up with credits that I spent only time to get does not mean that those credits are disconnected from the real world economy. It's a specious argument to say that they have no relationship to money spent.

The data is withheld, and only CD could possibly know, and they specifically avoid going anywhere near the realm of being specific at all when talking about it.

In the end, all we can say for certain is that any purchase that uses AH derived funds has some portion of its credits as a result of real money being spent. How much we cannot say because CD doesn't feel that its in their best interests to give specific figures.

With specifics, it would be very easy to run the math and see what the "real" cost of a 1 in 65 chance to pro an HoF card at 10,000 credits per attempt ends up being.
They are giving away cards that can be sold in the AH. In essence, you are getting currency for free. NWGameDad has made it clear that card pulls are one of the sources for your income, in addition to seasons and daily bonus...therefore devaluating the value of in-game credits. Just because someone pays $100 bucks for 15K doesn't mean it was worth $100...as he has also said.

Last edited by Illmatic1909; 04-16-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #59
Pro

But it doesn't matter if the credits were originally purchased or not. Why does that matter?

If I get the pack for free, how can I complain about the cost? Because somebody else bought credits? That's ludicrous.

Also, if you got credits from your own AH sales, then bought a pack, in this situation, the $67 designation is absolutely wrong. You are describing a situation in which somebody spent money, to buy credits, and with those credits, here's what got bought: A) whatever card the original player bought from you on the AH, and B) whatever pack you bought.

If I spend $100 on credits, I get 15000 credits. If I then immediately spend that on a HOF pack, yeah, that was $67. If that is what happens always, then yes. Those packs cost $67. If anything else happens ever, then that aggregate cost goes down. It just does. This isn't a matter of opinion. This is simple, basic fact.

So again, if I spend $100, get 15000 credits, then buy a Star PTO from you for 15000, you can take your earnings and buy a HOF pack, and still have 500 credits left over.

Now all of a sudden, my $100 accounted for one 15000 credit purchase, and another 10000 credit purchase. $100 accounted for 25000 credits spent... it bought a HOF pack AND a Star Pro... so how does the HOF cost $67, if $100 pays for one of them, AND something 50% more valuable. Under this scenario, the HOF pack was only $40 of real money.

Even with CDs ridiculous 30% tax, this happens.

Now there is no way to know exactly how credits cycle before they are purged from the system, but we can reasonably assume that it isn't a 1:1 scenario (like you're trying to imply) or whatever it works out to if you just take 30% away after every transaction. It's somewhere in between.

Again... It just is. This isn't opinion.

A HOF pack is only $67 if we ignore how credits actually flow, don't know the math, or if you GENUINELY believe that every single HOF pack was paid for with a cash transaction at the point of sale (not cash infused before by somebody else).

So if you acknowledge that every pack sale isn't a cash transaction, then you calling it a $67 card is not honest.

Last edited by ActionJack; 04-16-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #60
Banned

CitronsG6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
But it doesn't matter if the credits were originally purchased or not. Why does that matter?

If I get the pack for free, how can I complain about the cost? Because somebody else bought credits? That's ludicrous.

Also, if you got credits from your own AH sales, then bought a pack, in this situation, the $67 designation is absolutely wrong. You are describing a situation in which somebody spent money, to buy credits, and with those credits, here's what got bought: A) whatever card the original player bought from you on the AH, and B) whatever pack you bought.

If I spend $100 on credits, I get 15000 credits. If I then immediately spend that on a HOF pack, yeah, that was $67. If that is what happens always, then yes. Those packs cost $67. If anything else happens ever, then that aggregate cost goes down. It just does. This isn't a matter of opinion. This is simple, basic fact.

So again, if I spend $100, get 15000 credits, then buy a Star PTO from you for 15000, you can take your earnings and buy a HOF pack, and still have 500 credits left over.

Now all of a sudden, my $100 accounted for one 15000 credit purchase, and another 10000 credit purchase. $100 accounted for 25000 credits spent... it bought a HOF pack AND a Star Pro... so how does the HOF cost $67, if $100 pays for one of them, AND something 50% more valuable. Under this scenario, the HOF pack was only $40 of real money.

Even with CDs ridiculous 30% tax, this happens.

Now there is no way to know exactly how credits cycle before they are purged from the system, but we can reasonably assume that it isn't a 1:1 scenario (like you're trying to imply) or whatever it works out to if you just take 30% away after every transaction. It's somewhere in between.

Again... It just is. This isn't opinion.

A HOF pack is only $67 if we ignore how credits actually flow, don't know the math, or if you GENUINELY believe that every single HOF pack was paid for with a cash transaction at the point of sale (not cash infused before by somebody else).

So if you acknowledge that every pack sale isn't a cash transaction, then you calling it a $67 card is not honest.
This guy needs that purple name already.....
Old 04-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitronsG6
This guy needs that purple name already.....
Again... what I'm saying is just indisputable fact. If bringing the truth into the discussion makes me a CD patsy, that just highlights how silly the arguments against them are in this case.

CD does a LOT wrong in this game (again... card stats.. can we EVER get something going on that end?), but RttC isn't one of them IMO, and their valuation of cards and card packs, while not perfect, is at least within the realm of reality. The detractors have to craft all these half-truths to make a semi coherent argument. That says enough on its own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #62
MVP

joenuts83's Arena

Quote:
Again... what I'm saying is just indisputable fact. If bringing the truth into the discussion makes me a CD patsy, that just highlights how silly the arguments against them are in this case.

CD does a LOT wrong in this game (again... card stats.. can we EVER get something going on that end?), but RttC isn't one of them IMO, and their valuation of cards and card packs, while not perfect, is at least within the realm of reality. The detractors have to craft all these half-truths to make a semi coherent argument. That says enough on its own.
Totally agree. If you play enough and work th AH with your hard earned deck you can buy premium cards. And yes they are premium as they are the best in the game and hard to dupe. I bought a bunch of MVPS working the AH and didn't cost me a dime. So there are credits floating around you just need to play the right hand and have a little luck. Or play a lot and turn a profit. Like Brad said some of us have a metric ton of credits. I have 50k right now and am saving it for PO tier.
QG LU

Epic Pro Maurice Cheeks
Epic Pro Monta Ellis
Epic Pro Larry Johnson
Epic Pro Draymond Green
Epic Pro Dikembe Mutombo
Old 04-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuts83
Totally agree. If you play enough and work th AH with your hard earned deck you can buy premium cards. And yes they are premium as they are the best in the game and hard to dupe. I bought a bunch of MVPS working the AH and didn't cost me a dime. So there are credits floating around you just need to play the right hand and have a little luck. Or play a lot and turn a profit. Like Brad said some of us have a metric ton of credits. I have 50k right now and am saving it for PO tier.
You are in the 1% as far as games played are concerned. Nobody can be expected to play even half as many games as you. Should you have an advantage for playing that many games? Absolutely, but you can't exactly look at your style of play as a blueprint for what others should do.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:58 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

When you point yo your argument as "indisputable fact" and the arguments of others as "half-truths", THAT says enough on its own.

Just because you disagree doesn't make your argument any more valid than his or anyone else's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »