Home

Worst personal end to an event

This is a discussion on Worst personal end to an event within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #9
Skybox Elite

vince217's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worst personal end to an event

same here, i bought hot streak in the beginning of this RttC to ensure that i got to LBJ with plenty of time to see if i could even do it. turns out, i had more than enough time, and it was nice to relax through the rest of the weekend.

for next RttC, depending on how they nerf the double card points strat from Smartforce, i may or may not buy hot streaks anymore.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
Pro

Illmatic1909's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefxy
See that's why I don't understand why people use hot streaks and game nights to complete it so early on? I mean if you got stuff to do then sure that's fair enough if you haven't got the time to grind and need it quickly. I could of done LBJ on +7 but literally decided to drag the event out to the last 15 minutes just so I can get all them draft picks saved up, plus i didn't even play friday night at all and still got it done, I wouldn't even bother spending credits on then boosts, waste of time for me
The difference is that the first people that got it done had cards that sold at a premium. Try selling Garnett or Grainger now. Those sales alone pay for what it takes to complete it as fast as possible....not to mention what you get off putting one of the first Durants up.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #11
MVP

SlightlySnaked's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic1909
The difference is that the first people that got it done had cards that sold at a premium. Try selling Garnett or Grainger now. Those sales alone pay for what it takes to complete it as fast as possible....not to mention what you get off putting one of the first Durants up.
True, true. My Garnett sold in a few minutes half trained.

-Snake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 12:03 PM   #12
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

Quote:
See that's why I don't understand why people use hot streaks and game nights to complete it so early on? I mean if you got stuff to do then sure that's fair enough if you haven't got the time to grind and need it quickly. I could of done LBJ on +7 but literally decided to drag the event out to the last 15 minutes just so I can get all them draft picks saved up, plus i didn't even play friday night at all and still got it done, I wouldn't even bother spending credits on then boosts, waste of time for me
One reason is that if you can get the cards faster they are easier to sell for a good price.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 PM   #13
Rookie

I think that's the main reason. Sold my untrained kd for 7k Friday night. I was pretty shocked that Garnett hasn't sold well though.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #14
ZLM
Rookie

Quote:
man, that's unlucky. what was you playing on LBJ, +5? +7's?
I find this game works better on network provider, I save 200 picks every time RTTC is on, but always have to turn my wifi off to draft the boards
I was actually playing on +2 with hot streaks. So yeah... Getting LBJ would have been a huge boost to my deck...
Old 04-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #15
Banned

I got the LBJ playing +2 games all the way through. I can't imagine not having HotStreaks, 105 of those games would be almost as bad a grind as RC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySnaked
On the Kobe RttC I didn't have the time to get Kobe... Kind of thought I would be in a similar situation here and didn't want to take any chances. I actually did not buy any hot streaks. And I didn't know if I could win any of the LeBron +2 games, but I actually handled the +5 with ease. I would have gone slower, but I thought I remembered someone saying you could keep playing after you won it all. WRONG haha. Oh well. I probably did about 2000 credits worth of games nights but with all of the cards I trained and received and sold it easily made up for it.

-Snake
Hotstreaks work out miles cheaper man, especially early on.

5 game nights = 100 credits
75 hotstreaks = 600 credits

If running out of time isn't an issue then hot streaks are miles better value for money and they are actually a time saver too (your own time)

For example you buy 5 game nights off the bat and can +7 your way to 70 points (original 5 + 5 game nights) but you had to play 10 games.

5 hotstreaks on the +7 games nets you 70 points in 5 games and cost you 40 credits. That is 60% cheaper than buying game nights and you don't have to play 5 extra games for the same reward so saves on your own time too.

IMO games night should only be used if you think you will run out of time, hotstreaks should ALWAYS be the first choice or you are just burning money. I hotstreaked to Lebron with about 10 hours to spare and all up probably dropped 1500 credits and I was playing +2 on him. You played +5 and dropped 2000

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »