Home

[Official] Playoff Update Info - Seasons

This is a discussion on [Official] Playoff Update Info - Seasons within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #49
Pro

Illmatic1909's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Official] Playoff Update Info - Seasons

SmartForce, enough...
Old 04-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #50
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
if you're in the PO tier, matchmaking will try to match you with others in that tier, too.

also, yeah, your first clear will yield a PO card once you hit it.
Okay... I'm much less negative by this news now. Please lead with the stuff that impacts most of us man. There was zero mention of Playoff tier deck ratings for Quick Games in the original post. The lack of that felt intentional and I was totally super negative in earlier posts because it looked like Playoff Cards were going to be funneled out to the "teams" and heavy spenders and the folks lower on the food chain were gonna be turned upside down and shaken for every cent if we wanted to get in on the PO cards.

Quote:
yup. (10 characters)
Just to clarify, you are confirming Playoff tier Quick Games and confirming the first board clear will be a PO card? Are you willing to share the coded reset "break points"? Should we expect them to continue to climb along the same mathematical curve as prior tiers?

Rough napkin math is suggesting something like 500 clears for Playoff, 470 for Playoff+ and 440 for Playoff++ if so. That's a lot of games to grind ... but this tier is presumably the final one until the new app in about 5 months, yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonder
And HOF cards won't be auctionable?
This makes no sense in light of Playoff Cards being auctionable. With 65 cards in the Hall of Fame category, making a pro is going to be mathematically very difficult (whether one wants to try and do it by getting to QF/SF season after season after season, or by grinding out sales on the AH for 10k credits per pack).

Quote:
they're not planned to be.
Playoff tier cards are better ... so basically the reward loop of giving HoF for QF/SF really isn't likely to help unless someone lucks into an RttC reward dupe (presuming HoF/PnP cards remain in and a Playoff card gets added as an additional deck to battle instead of replacing the current top card).

You guys have said yourselves that the most AH activity comes in the UR/Epic area, and that's a slow way to grind up to enough credits to have a less than 2% chance to end up with a Pro HoF. Anyone who can do a Playoff season won't need HoF singles, so the only way they can "turob-charge" our progress is if we can pro them.

There doesn't seem to be a particularly reliable way to do that. If I am gonna spend money, I'll do it for Playoff Cards... not to play the lotto on HoF packs.
Lineup:
PG: Foil Legendary Pro MVP Stephen Curry
SG: Foil Epic Pro George Gervin
SF: Foil Legendary Pro LeBron James
PF: Foil Epic Pro Larry Johnson
C : Foil Epic Pro Robert Parish
Old 04-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #51
Rookie

seedykiwi's Arena

A little while ago there was a discussion you were involved in Brad about Star level season players dropping down by manipulating bench players and dominating legendary seasons.

You indicated that the next update would take care of this problem.

Is this the fix you are talking about? or is there more to come you haven't/cant talk about yet?

Leaving Star season rewards the same will more than likely mean those already capable of playing a playoff tier season, will do that.

But I can't see how it will do anything to stop Star tier players continue to slip back down to Legendary seasons and dominate... Really hoping the plan isn't to reduce the card rewards for legendary and below seasons....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #52
Pro

drdotwho's Arena

Quote:
if you're in the PO tier, matchmaking will try to match you with others in that tier, too.

also, yeah, your first clear will yield a PO card once you hit it.
Does that mean there won't be a "Playoff Tier" shown at quick game but there is an "invisible tier" for those who have a lineup that is at the top of Star++ in QG?

And to double confirm -- you can get PO cards from the draft board by playing quick games, right?

Last edited by drdotwho; 04-23-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #53
Pro

Melcho's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour syd
that's why there's AH to sell and buy packs...... UR earning credits u couldn't before.
Yeah, + runner up in PO will get HoF and MVP (MVP now being also available on AH), those cards will help people progress toward PO domination.

I think the problem is some people want to just have the best deck without putting in the work or money.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #54
Banned

yes smartforce just stop. please don't use the word "US" as I believe your the only person upset
Old 04-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
they're not planned to be.
What about the record setters? Would be glad if they'll be auctionable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #56
MVP

SmartForce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic1909
SmartForce, enough...
I'm sorry I don't drink the Kool-Aid right away. If you look at my post, I backed off when it looks like Brad confirmed other ways to get PO cards other than making the finals of a PO season.

Also, there's something logically confusing about the HoF card reward loop. It doesn't make sense. If they aren't sellable, then it's still like playing the lottery for them to actually improve the deck of anyone who can get into PO seasons. Single HoF cards don't match up with Star Pros, and he said that Star Pros will be what gets you into Playoff tier.

Since Playoff cards can be drafted by quick game grinding, and will be sellable ... who would buy 10k credit packs for a less than 2% chance to make a card that will improve the deck when they could instead buy a playoff card from the AH?

It feels like a reward loop that doesn't go anywhere.

I'm sorry that my initial misunderstanding led me to be negative. The news seems a lot better after clarifications, but the HoF reward thing feels off to me. Maybe you can explain what I'm missing and why it will be good?
Lineup:
PG: Foil Legendary Pro MVP Stephen Curry
SG: Foil Epic Pro George Gervin
SF: Foil Legendary Pro LeBron James
PF: Foil Epic Pro Larry Johnson
C : Foil Epic Pro Robert Parish

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »