Home

[Official] This Week's RTG, our sched, and Pro'ing

This is a discussion on [Official] This Week's RTG, our sched, and Pro'ing within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 08:09 PM   #57
Banned

JPJames's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Official] This Week's RTG, our sched, and Pro'ing

Brad, totally off topic but can you put out a draftable Star Westbrook. He isn't getting a PO card and that Leg card isn't enough for him!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:27 PM   #58
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJames
Brad, totally off topic but can you put out a draftable Star Westbrook. He isn't getting a PO card and that Leg card isn't enough for him!
We still could see PO Westbrook
Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #59
Rookie

Jake5280's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
Hopefully we'll see a Kobe PO card. We definitely don't need another Star.

I've just got my fingers crossed for a Penny PO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
We still could see PO Westbrook
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of the Playoff cards to have players that are actually in the playoffs?

QG Line-Up:
PG: RTTC Pro Stephen Curry
SG: RTTC Klay Thompson
SF: POTG Pro Scottie Pippen
PF: POTG Pro Dolph Schayes
C: POTG Pro Shaquille O'Neal

Successful Transactions:

takx3
apos1914
Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake5280
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the purpose of the Playoff cards to have players that are actually in the playoffs?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've seen a Shaq PO card, and unless we're counting TNT coverage, he's not in this year's playoffs either.

Kobe wasn't a "Star" this year, but there are 3 Kobe Star cards currently out there... Kobe wasn't in the playoffs last year, but he had a PO card in 2k14.

I really don't understand what game some of you guys are playing, if you can't see where this is headed. Just like every single other tier before, PO tier will have new cards added every week, and you can bet there will be new Packs within the tier also.

If you can't see Finals MVP Packs, or something similar, coming a mile away (Kobe........), I don't know what to tell you.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #61
Rookie

uncsteve53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake5280
The first batch of PO cards will be 2 from each team in the current playoffs.

But they have stated that more will be added to the pool later on. So
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #62
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
I'll chime in on this one.

Odom in 2008 was the Laker's #2 guy all season. His numbers went down a little in the Playoffs, but in that season he was awesome. He deserved a Star card.

Kobe of course was the #1 guy, but he has 6 cards already. Kobe overkill to throw yet another card his way.

Why not Pau? He joined the Lakers mid-Season and he was injured for a bunch of it. Granted he was arguably the #2 guy in the Playoffs, but since I had given him a PnP card already for his Championship year, I thought it better to go with Odom.
Kobe deserves a draftable star too damn it! Hahaha

Also now I don't know whether to go for Pierce or not, wish they'd tell us if it's only going to be available to the top 25 like RC events
Old 05-01-2015, 01:28 PM   #63
Pro

Illmatic1909's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
I'll chime in on this one.

Odom in 2008 was the Laker's #2 guy all season. His numbers went down a little in the Playoffs, but in that season he was awesome. He deserved a Star card.

Kobe of course was the #1 guy, but he has 6 cards already. Kobe overkill to throw yet another card his way.

Why not Pau? He joined the Lakers mid-Season and he was injured for a bunch of it. Granted he was arguably the #2 guy in the Playoffs, but since I had given him a PnP card already for his Championship year, I thought it better to go with Odom.
I get where you're coming from too...I personally care more about the cards stats than I do about who you release. In essence, you created a duplicate Rashard Lewis.

That being said, it would be nice to have some variety in the cards. Odom would have been a great opportunity to see a PF with high PM ability. Or another SF/PF with PM/ATH. I think that is what will make these cards more appealing to line-ups and the AH.

From what I understand, the stats are more balanced in the PO tier you created, and I look forward to that. But offering more variety in how you build your team line-up would make the game even more fun.

Being able to cater my lineup to having a great PM/DEF center like Noah for instance, might let me offset his low REB by getting a high rebounding guard. That also might make QG's less predictable; where it is now, you can look across at your opponent's deck and know the player coming out of the PG slot won't have a high REB, center slot won't have a high PM, etc...you probably know if this is a less or more effective game mechanic, but I thought it would be interesting.

Last edited by Illmatic1909; 05-01-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #64
Pro

Yeah, cards that reflect the players' specialties would always be more welcome. Odom does stand as a generic, high-offense PF as it is. Another Hot Rod Williams/Rashard Lewis/Kevin Love (who inexplicably has terrible Rebounding stats).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »