Home

[Official] The Pick Limit is now 50

This is a discussion on [Official] The Pick Limit is now 50 within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #9
Rookie

wjpsplash's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: [Official] The Pick Limit is now 50

definitely an unjustified move on CatDaddy's part, looks like rttc will be subpar yet again
Old 05-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

sometimes it was just fun to draft 200 picks in a row.. ah well it was good while it lasted.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #11
Community Manager at Cat Daddy Games

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Wes
Just tell the to store at their own risk. It's not your fault if somebody loses picks because they are exploiting a loophole in a game.
i can see that viewpoint, for sure. i think the key component to that, though, is the time and effort our support team spends on these kinds of issues -- even if there are quite a few elements of user error involved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #12
Rookie

qtdi123's Arena

I feel like a lot of people look forward to rttc's to store up draft picks with the thrill of being able to pick hundreds at once. Since it is so hard already to gain cards from rttc without spending, taking away the other aspect of rttc seems ridiculous. Also, as for exploiting the game, let people lose picks at their own risk.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitronsG6
Noooo!!!! Please Nooo!!!! I don't not want to ruin my star reset again like I did in the last RTTC
From the sounds of things, you will still be able to store 50 picks, meaning that you can play a full 5 rounds of RTTC and have 40 picks saved, then go back into Quick Game to use your picks. Seeing that they put the limit at 50, instead of say, 15(which would allow 1 pick used to reach card limit from RTTC and then play another RTTC, get another 8 picks so 15) they may be allowing some sort of pick storing for those players who don't want to lose their max tier pity reset pull. I may be wrong but having a 50 pick limit seems like a very reasonable adjustment they are making.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #14
All Star

kclutch24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
great question. there's a couple of reasons. i think, foremost, it's because pick storing is a system that can be easily exploited. we all know a guy who drops tiers in order to get easy wins and store picks before moving back up into his actual tier and using them. another big reason? it's not a supported form of a play and we want to protect folks from losing their picks as much as possible. generally speaking, the more you have the more unruly it gets.
Is the main reason because some people exploit it as you mentioned in dropping tiers?

Because if that's the case...people can still exploit it by storing 50 picks, then using it on the tier that they're in. The only difference is they can't use 200 now.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #15
Community Manager at Cat Daddy Games

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtdi123
I feel like a lot of people look forward to rttc's to store up draft picks with the thrill of being able to pick hundreds at once. Since it is so hard already to gain cards from rttc without spending, taking away the other aspect of rttc seems ridiculous. Also, as for exploiting the game, let people lose picks at their own risk.
well, let's not forget that a key component of the exploitation was moving up and down tiers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 06:31 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude81
From the sounds of things, you will still be able to store 50 picks, meaning that you can play a full 5 rounds of RTTC and have 40 picks saved, then go back into Quick Game to use your picks. Seeing that they put the limit at 50, instead of say, 15(which would allow 1 pick used to reach card limit from RTTC and then play another RTTC, get another 8 picks so 15) they may be allowing some sort of pick storing for those players who don't want to lose their max tier pity reset pull. I may be wrong but having a 50 pick limit seems like a very reasonable adjustment they are making.
New here. But how to you store picks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »