Home

Letter to CD

This is a discussion on Letter to CD within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 02:00 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Letter to CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf3llur3
How would it kill AH? I'm not saying we get a king's ransom for selling cards... Plus I wouldn't be selling my PO cards. I'd only be trading out my stars.

I do like your VC idea, but given the 2k affiliation I doubt they'd want to do that. I downloaded this game originally solely for the VC lol and I never probably would've stuck around had it not been there.
Because for you to have get the amount of credits needed to buy a dupe you would have to grind you like are going for top 25 in a RC. We will probably get 10% back on min bids. For a PO card that is only 750 credits. And a star 500. So you would have to get 10 cards in order to buy a card off the ah at min bid. And in most tiers it's impossible to do that.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #34
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

What gets me is all this talk of giving away cards for FREE. Nothing in life is free. These cards are acquired at the expense of our TIME. People have invested countless hours into attaining these cards and that is not free. IMO it's worth more than money because you can always accumulate more money but you can never get back the time you spent on this game. I don't know about the rest of you but all those countless hours used to grind out resets and stay afloat in RCs is not my definition of getting "free cards". These cards were earned.

Just my 2 pennies

MVP: Stevie Franchise
QG tier: Playoff +
Old 06-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
First off, thanks for the well thought out comments. One of the reasons I love this community, you all have passion and spend the time letting us know your thoughts in a constructive manner.

To address each of your points...

1. The Economy
I don't expect anyone outside of Cat Daddy to have an accurate view of the economy. You simply don't have access to the data. All you have to go on is your own experience and the experience of those on the boards that post. Keep in mind that is a very small, self selected, data set. When I say the economy is healthy, and the AH is working it is because I have the data showing the true numbers. There are plenty of cards being sold. That doesn't mean *all* cards are selling, and that is ok. *All* cards are not meant to be sold, and expecting them all to sell is unrealistic.

The fundamental problem with the AH is one of supply. It has been that way since the beginning of the AH when players had cards stored up ready to sell. The release of the PO tier was quite a bit better, but even now we are seeing oversupply starting to have an effect on the PO market.

One of the major reasons for this problem is because we give away too many free cards. This isn't ebay where the things placed for sale were acquired with money and therefore had an inherent cost to the owner who is trying to resell it. We are providing both the marketplace and the inventory to users. Because of the ease with which players gain cards if they don't need the card then if they can sell it for *any* amount then they view that as a win.

With that mindset if we did things like remove minimums or lowered the taxes, then it would be a matter of days before the bulk of the players would be at Playoff++ tier. At that point, players would complain about being bored and needing new cards, which even if we provided would not hold players for long in this scenario. Already we saw high end players that gave away Playoff cards early in the tier simply because they felt no value for the card. In a game about progression and building your deck this is a problem. This is why the minimums and taxes remain as is in order to preserve the progression through the game.

We have ideas of how to address the supply problem in the future, but I cannot reveal them yet. Addressing supply though is how to "fix" the market.

With all that said, I think the AH has been a success for the players. If you're honest with yourself the AH has absolutely helped you advance in the game and acquire the cards you want. Am I fine that players only "make" 1000 Credits from a card? Yep, completely fine with that. Since before the AH you had no means of extracting *any* value from the card other than training.

More to come since this post is already long...
BS, cards of significant value DO NOT SELL unless we take an out of game risk. We can't sell stars without buyback and even the popular cards don't sell anymore (LBJ, Kyrie, Klay, Curry, Davis) so we don't earn 3500 credits for stars that the new age players have never heard of IE. World B. Free and Henry Bibby. We are lucky if legendaries sell and they are 2 1/2 times cheaper. The players who still need to buy stars don't have enough credits for the ridiculous price lower the price of stars to 3,500 or 4,000 maybe. We need an outlet to get rid of these seemingly meaningless cards at this stage of the game so we have a reason to play until the October release of MyNba2k16. No more side stepping us on this issue!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf sia 4 lia
What gets me is all this talk of giving away cards for FREE. Nothing in life is free. These cards are acquired at the expense of our TIME. People have invested countless hours into attaining these cards and that is not free. IMO it's worth more than money because you can always accumulate more money but you can never get back the time you spent on this game. I don't know about the rest of you but all those countless hours used to grind out resets and stay afloat in RCs is not my definition of getting "free cards". These cards were earned.

Just my 2 pennies

MVP: Stevie Franchise
QG tier: Playoff +
Amen we spent our priceless time for these cards, they were earned not given.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
First off, thanks for the well thought out comments. One of the reasons I love this community, you all have passion and spend the time letting us know your thoughts in a constructive manner.

To address each of your points...

1. The Economy
I don't expect anyone outside of Cat Daddy to have an accurate view of the economy. You simply don't have access to the data. All you have to go on is your own experience and the experience of those on the boards that post. Keep in mind that is a very small, self selected, data set. When I say the economy is healthy, and the AH is working it is because I have the data showing the true numbers. There are plenty of cards being sold. That doesn't mean *all* cards are selling, and that is ok. *All* cards are not meant to be sold, and expecting them all to sell is unrealistic.
Can you look at your numbers and tell me what percentage of the cards put up on AH sell? Ever tier I look at throughout the day is timing out without a bid. My guess is that if you ran numbers for the past 30 days you would have a less than 1% success. If this is true, how can you say the economy is healthy?
Old 06-11-2015, 02:42 PM   #38
Rookie

And one more thing, it's more of an annoyance than an issue but when you play and RC game why do we get sebt back to the RC menu that gets annoying needing to go back into play game each time after a game
Old 06-11-2015, 02:44 PM   #39
Rookie

For me I can say without the auction house and the kindness of buybacks I would not have been able to advance in the game as quickly as I did. Sure I used seasons (and still do) and events like RC and RTTC to obtain better cards. However without PROing cards it is very difficult to advance to higher levels of the game.

I understand the economics of the game but their needs to be a way to earn enough credits to make it worth spending actual money on additional credits. I believe right now through the Daily VC Bonus you can earn between 800 and 1000 credits per month. That seems like a lot but in reality when the minimum cost of a Star Card is 5000 credits it will take you 5 months just to be able to BID on a card never mind a BIN.

I don't mind spending money on credits to help further my progress but I would mind it less if I EARNED more in the game so I didn't feel like I was putting in 90% of my own money toward leveling up.
I am not asking for this to be easy, it’s a game and it should be challenging. I’m just asking that it be a little easier if only because the shelf-life of the game is approximately 1 year.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
8. Ladder Rewards
I agree that the Ladder Reward targets ended up being too high. Unfortunately, it isn't easily fixed because of the way the ladder works (our system can't handle giving retroactive rewards for someone who overshot a target if we were to lower them). We're rethinking the ladder in general for the future.
Ok, I am also one of the people who have sent in thoughts to the games support team on the Ladder Rewards being too high and becoming useless once received and I have a question with your statement about how your system can't handle giving retroactive rewards for someone who overshot a target. I was around when Ladder Rewards were started in WWE Supercard. I was one of the few players who was well over 10k games played at that point and your system handled it then. Yes there were a few issues, but they seemed to be handled and fixed quickly. I had no issues on getting all of my rewards up to 10k games, so how is it different for the MyNBA version when the basic concept and design of the system is the same? I've been a huge fan of MJ since the late 80's when I was old enough to watch and enjoy basketball and I was thrilled to see that he was the Ladder Rewards player but I was very soon disappointed to see that his cards would never be useful to me due to having far better cards by the time I reached any of his cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »