Home

AH should work on a capitalistic system

This is a discussion on AH should work on a capitalistic system within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: AH should work on a capitalistic system

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzjase
They will. I, for example, am giving me stars I draft away for FREE. There is next to no chance of selling them so I might as well give them to someone who can use them.

And star cards shouldn't be trash... these are the second strongest cards in the game. Not long until PO cards follow this path.

Lower AH taxes and ALIGN AH minimums and bids so they make sense. The current setup looks like a 5 year old child plucked numbers out of the air. It is ridiculous
The key here is that you're giving them away *because they won't sell*. If the AH were more active, you wouldn't have to give it away. In fact, you couldn't give it away very easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
The key here is that you're giving them away *because they won't sell*. If the AH were more active, you wouldn't have to give it away. In fact, you couldn't give it away very easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
But your argument was organic floors would be created, well those floors would be near rock bottom is the point. Given people aren't taking stars for 2500 I can only imagine how low the floor would be without minimums.

Don't construe my disagreement with you as a nod toward how good the auction house is, it isn't. I think it is a bloody disaster and a child could have designed a better workong model than what we currently have (especially because they could have copied any number of models from other games) but I just think it is naive to assume, given the massive lack of credits in the game that cards would be going for anything but rock bottom.

The PROBLEM isn't as much the minimums but rather the lack of an in game mechanic injecting any meaningful credits into the game while the auction house then strips 30% back out. The current setup is moronic.
QG tier: Playoff ++

QG Line-Up:
PG: PO Pro Kyle Lowry
SG: PO Pro Kobe Bryant
SF: PO Pro Larry Bird
PF: PO Pro Shawn Kemp
C: PO Pro DeAndre Jordan
Old 06-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #11
Pro

EVizions, you would be 100% correct, but so many other things would have to be changed in this game for that to work. If AH is to be part of this game, then the entire game needs revamped. Supply is just so much greater than demand for 99.% of cards that without min and no instant sell option, the value of most cards would plummet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 02:37 AM   #12
Rookie

kalkal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzjase
But your argument was organic floors would be created, well those floors would be near rock bottom is the point. Given people aren't taking stars for 2500 I can only imagine how low the floor would be without minimums.

Don't construe my disagreement with you as a nod toward how good the auction house is, it isn't. I think it is a bloody disaster and a child could have designed a better workong model than what we currently have (especially because they could have copied any number of models from other games) but I just think it is naive to assume, given the massive lack of credits in the game that cards would be going for anything but rock bottom.

The PROBLEM isn't as much the minimums but rather the lack of an in game mechanic injecting any meaningful credits into the game while the auction house then strips 30% back out. The current setup is moronic.
I added in my argument that a larger amount of tiers would be necessary, so we won't have a case of 70% of the players on the highest tier. This will cause the players of the highest tier to try selling cards in higher prices, and will reduce the number of players who have all the cards and will sell them cheap. Limiting the number of auctions possible at any time to 5 also helps this cause, as well as setting the auction minimum time to 12 hours.
This should work, as it works in our economy. When there is always a higher level to aspire to, people will continue to try to make money.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:57 AM   #13
Rookie

Maybe im wrong but to me it so much obvious why the market is not "floating". Danan said it and for everybody with economic knowledge or even common sense its clear: there are way tooooooooo much cards out there. Everyone above ur has a bunch of cards he is trying to sell. Everyone in po or star gets epic and leg from the draftboard and thinks it should be possible to sell them to a lower tier player, Mission impossible for the most cards because the buyer can select the best possible card for the same price...

my advice: players can only get resets from their tier. Rest are common unconmon boosts enhancements.

Think about it...
Old 06-22-2015, 09:23 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabington
Maybe im wrong but to me it so much obvious why the market is not "floating". Danan said it and for everybody with economic knowledge or even common sense its clear: there are way tooooooooo much cards out there. Everyone above ur has a bunch of cards he is trying to sell. Everyone in po or star gets epic and leg from the draftboard and thinks it should be possible to sell them to a lower tier player, Mission impossible for the most cards because the buyer can select the best possible card for the same price...

my advice: players can only get resets from their tier. Rest are common unconmon boosts enhancements.

Think about it...
Bingo. This is the big issue. I don't know that I agree with your fix, but no model is sustainable when that many cards are released into the market everyday. CD doesn't help this any. Take the last RC for example. In one day, not counting resets and season rewards, they released almost 25000 auctionable PO cards. There's just not enough demand for that.

What it has done though is absolutely crush the value of other PO cards. Since last RC, I have been able to dupe 3 PO cards for around the cost of one PO pro on AH.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #15
Rookie

I have some thoughts about AH. Firstly they should add alternative ways of earning credits. Now we can just earn it from seasons and Daily VC. But these amounts seem to be a vanity. I think, that if you could draft some VC during QG it would be much easier to save up credits. Also you can get credits for just entering in a game each day. Like ladder rewards in gameloft games. Not giving 5000 credits as a last reward, but 250 will be enough. I think it can stimulate AH, cause the main problem is lack of credits, nobody can buy first while doing buyback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #16
Pro

jasrulz63's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyInLife
I have some thoughts about AH. Firstly they should add alternative ways of earning credits. Now we can just earn it from seasons and Daily VC. But these amounts seem to be a vanity. I think, that if you could draft some VC during QG it would be much easier to save up credits. Also you can get credits for just entering in a game each day. Like ladder rewards in gameloft games. Not giving 5000 credits as a last reward, but 250 will be enough. I think it can stimulate AH, cause the main problem is lack of credits, nobody can buy first while doing buyback.
Only problem is that CD can't given out too many credits that mean people don't need to buy them anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »