Home

MyNBA2K16 Dev Diary 1

This is a discussion on MyNBA2K16 Dev Diary 1 within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #105
Skybox Elite

vince217's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA2K16 Dev Diary 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodkalol
how about u remove those useless animations or atleast give us an option to turn them off?

i think after 10000s of games nobody needs to see the cards bouncing anymore
unfortunately, i think it is there to make games a minimum number of seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 01:35 PM   #106
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

So if you're not gonna buy packs basically you need 6 of the same cards as you can't get better contracts or wild cards.

Looks like i'll be stuck on super rare for the entire year

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 05:04 AM   #107
MVP

Danab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekcian
So if you're not gonna buy packs basically you need 6 of the same cards as you can't get better contracts or wild cards.

Looks like i'll be stuck on super rare for the entire year

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
Nah , I'm pretty sure RC/RTTC or Season or new events will get you chances to get other contracts. + AH will be available from day one so if you work you way toward it you may be able to go to UR

On papers their ideas are good but indicate a shift toward pay to play... Or girnd like hell to sell card in AH...
Old 08-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #108
Rookie

story83's Arena

Can you guys fix the way you handle network errors? It isn't a problem in Quick Games, but is a huge problem in RTTC or when spending money on RC Hot Streaks. Steps to repeat bug:
  1. I start an RTTC game, and my Free Game Night and a Hot Streak are consumed.
  2. At some point before I complete the game, I get the message, "Waiting on Network."
  3. This often times out and kicks me back to the login screen, but my Free Game Night and Hot Streak are gone.

Possible solution

Store game progress with each move. At the login screen, request the player's game status from the server, and if a game is in play, load it.

While this has the potential to slow down game interaction and increase server storage, I believe both would be minimal. Moreover, given current game mechanics, I don't think it would be difficult to implement this feature.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #109
Banned

Ashi5W's Arena

Once I read that you might need anywhere from 4-6 cards to 'pro' a card I had a great idea for a feature (ok it might be a terrible idea but hear me out) Maybe introduce RTTC repeats? I mean like you can keep doing a matchup to gain more of that card the flip side being you will lose out on making progress to other cards for example if the first card was say Boris Diaw, You can after gaining the first card repeat the process and get the same amount of points to get upto a maximum of 4 of the same card that way people will have to weigh the benefits of having one pro card (which as you say is very valuable in 2k16) or more cards (of higher rarity) or maybe additional rewards for completing and gaining a card in a set time limit?

Again might be a terrible idea but would like to hear some thoughts on it.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:59 AM   #110
MVP

ignazz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi5W
Once I read that you might need anywhere from 4-6 cards to 'pro' a card I had a great idea for a feature (ok it might be a terrible idea but hear me out) Maybe introduce RTTC repeats? I mean like you can keep doing a matchup to gain more of that card the flip side being you will lose out on making progress to other cards for example if the first card was say Boris Diaw, You can after gaining the first card repeat the process and get the same amount of points to get upto a maximum of 4 of the same card that way people will have to weigh the benefits of having one pro card (which as you say is very valuable in 2k16) or more cards (of higher rarity) or maybe additional rewards for completing and gaining a card in a set time limit?

Again might be a terrible idea but would like to hear some thoughts on it.
Not bad idea.

We are closer to game with some startegy decisions and not only silly taping :-)

MVP Dr. J
MVP Shaq
MVP KB x2 waitin for PRO
MVP Dirk
MVP Cowens

team: The Mob 2.0
Old 10-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #111
Rookie

Hey guys, can someone please tell me if i am able to gain VC credits towards NBA2k16 if i have not played it yet? I tried to sign into my xbox one live account and it worked but it doesnt say anything.

Anyone ran into a similar issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »