Home

New Tier Introduced To Loyalty Rewards

This is a discussion on New Tier Introduced To Loyalty Rewards within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #65
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Tier Introduced To Loyalty Rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
I'm pretty happy with these loyalty rewards. I'll be in Tier 3 so if I'm reading this right I basically get 2 free dupes (using 2 veteran contracts, 5 wildcards, and whichever 2 cards I pull gets me most of the way there) plus some other stuff that I'm not really sure if it's valuable or not yet.

If last year I was given the choice of 5 UR Spurs Cards that I can't dupe or a free dupe of any 2 cards I acquire I would take the dupes for sure. And I get this because I played this year's version because I liked playing it. I knew that MyNBA2k15 would be replaced with 2k16 in a year so it's not like I thought I was playing to hold onto my deck for years into the future.

I can see a valid complaint around what should qualify for each tier (everyone put a lot of time/money into this game and I would assume you did it because you enjoyed it) and that's for another discussion but the actual rewards seem good to me. Nice, creative work CD and looking forward to seeing what else you've come up with.

Proof you can like without bashing others for not liking the rewards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #66
Rookie

lclishuai's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyVideoGame
Since everyone is super negative per usual on this forum, I will weigh in with a positive slant....

I find that the in most cases the more complicated and layered a game is the more engrossing it can be. Rather this is what you want is up to you. A really good example of this is the Witcher 3. A fairly complicated game with ironically a very in-depth card mini-game "Gwent" that was awesome.

I completely understand the concern over having to constantly pay to keep up which is what they pulled this year with the MVP, PnP, HOF, Greats etc packs. I mean this is what kills F2P games and makes them pay 2 win, however without paying for any of these packs I have managed to climb to the top of the tiers and have had a lot of fun doing it.

I could rant more but how bout everyone chill out a little and wait for the game to come out before passing judgement.

Maybe it's just for me, but I think cellphone game should be simple and fun. They are not designed to be like AAA titles on consoles which you have to remember complicated rules to play. I take this game as a time killer, not a brain killer

IGN: Frank
Tier: PO
MVP: Kobe Bryant
Old 08-07-2015, 11:56 PM   #67
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

IMO people are being way too harsh. They changed so much, we don't know the dynamics of the game anymore. How are credits earned? What are drop rates? What are card stats? What is the retail cost of these rewards?

I will agree with many who said the changes really feel like changes made specifically to create more revenue for CD, not to make the game better.

But, remember....we all play for this free. Whether or not you paid in 2015 is irrelevant. You didn't buy the game, nor are you going to buy 2k16. If it sucks, don't play.

I find that demanding a dev to make a game the way you want it made, is much like fans demanding an author to hurry and release a book. Like we are entitled to it somehow.

They didn't have to give any rewards.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:59 AM   #68
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdogg777
IMO people are being way too harsh. They changed so much, we don't know the dynamics of the game anymore. How are credits earned? What are drop rates? What are card stats? What is the retail cost of these rewards?

I will agree with many who said the changes really feel like changes made specifically to create more revenue for CD, not to make the game better.

But, remember....we all play for this free. Whether or not you paid in 2015 is irrelevant. You didn't buy the game, nor are you going to buy 2k16. If it sucks, don't play.

I find that demanding a dev to make a game the way you want it made, is much like fans demanding an author to hurry and release a book. Like we are entitled to it somehow.

They didn't have to give any rewards.
These rewards take time to implement, and cost money in the form of work hours.

The rewards are a business decision.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #69
Rookie

Fabricio 2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Who got banned???
I dunno some guy named Fabricio....
Old 08-08-2015, 01:17 AM   #70
Rookie

DanUnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricFP
These rewards take time to implement, and cost money in the form of work hours.

The rewards are a business decision.
Yes it costs time and work to implement, but they are intended to give veterans extra reason to return each year. It is a business decision, but it is not entirely "out of the goodness of their hearts." These rewards will bring paying customers back to pay for another year.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe that CD and it's employees do care (at least somewhat) about the players of the game and their levels of happiness in game.

The effort they put into these rewards will pay off as I guarantee they will make the money back.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2015, 01:20 AM   #71
Rookie

JohnnyVideoGame's Arena

I like to associate my feelings to level of blood flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBGlass

Being from Alabama I actually had to look that up and boy did I get a surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 01:24 AM   #72
Rookie

JohnnyVideoGame's Arena

Fair statement...I've shifted in the last year. I use to spend a lot of time PC/console gaming but my OCD bothers me when I cant complete a game. So big titles have sort of shy'd me away. (Problem with the Witcher from my previous post). I get 80 hours in and then I feel overwhelmed because I have only began to scratch the surface.

I like games like this I can play 10 minutes here and there or 4 hours in a row if I want. You really cant play an RPG 10 minutes here and there. Same reason I like the console game, it can be played in bursts. I like the idea of it becoming more strategic, because it gives me more options yet can still be played in short time periods.

1st world problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclishuai
Maybe it's just for me, but I think cellphone game should be simple and fun. They are not designed to be like AAA titles on consoles which you have to remember complicated rules to play. I take this game as a time killer, not a brain killer

IGN: Frank
Tier: PO
MVP: Kobe Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »