Home

Goals in MyNBA2K16

This is a discussion on Goals in MyNBA2K16 within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 PM   #17
MVP

MVPMaK's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Goals in MyNBA2K16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUnk
I used to play Madden mobile. They had coins and cash. You got coins for playing/selling cards/etc. You could buy cards and packs with them.

You could only get cash by paying real money (or as a gift after week-long server maintenances). You could buy packs with it, or you could refill your energy bar (you needed energy to play events).

That's one way that I've seen an example of dual-currency.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the explanation, in this example, you must use cash for energy? That is the main difference I can see. Both can be used to buy cards and packs right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPMaK
How does the dual currency works?

From what I've experienced, you have one currency that is somewhat easy to obtain. Then you have a second that is worth a lot more than the other, but is much harder to get. And by much harder, I mean almost impossible to obtain any significant amount free no matter how much you play.

Then there are some things that can be bought with either currency. Something might cost 500 of one currency or 50 of the other. Player decides which to use. Where players get screwed is that there are almost always items that can only be bought with the hard to obtain, more valuable currency. And of course, these items are necessary to continue to advance or be competitive.

Examples I can think of off the top of my head are Deer Hunter and 8 Ball Pool. The former is much worse than the latter, but both use two currencies.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:58 PM   #19
Rookie

DanUnk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPMaK
Thanks for the explanation, in this example, you must use cash for energy? That is the main difference I can see. Both can be used to buy cards and packs right?

Both can buy packs. You didn't have to use the cash for energy (I didn't explain that). You had a limit of (I think) 10 energy and it came back at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes (or something like that).

Old 08-17-2015, 11:01 PM   #20
MVP

MVPMaK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
From what I've experienced, you have one currency that is somewhat easy to obtain. Then you have a second that is worth a lot more than the other, but is much harder to get. And by much harder, I mean almost impossible to obtain any significant amount free no matter how much you play.

Then there are some things that can be bought with either currency. Something might cost 500 of one currency or 50 of the other. Player decides which to use. Where players get screwed is that there are almost always items that can only be bought with the hard to obtain, more valuable currency. And of course, these items are necessary to continue to advance or be competitive.

Examples I can think of off the top of my head are Deer Hunter and 8 Ball Pool. The former is much worse than the latter, but both use two currencies.

I see, this is kind of like using VC or MT to buy packs in myteam for the NBA2K game itself. One is much easier to obtain (VC) but it cost much more to use. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2015, 11:03 PM   #21
MVP

MVPMaK's Arena

Quote:
Both can buy packs. You didn't have to use the cash for energy (I didn't explain that). You had a limit of (I think) 10 energy and it came back at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes (or something like that).

Ok, makes more sense now. And Elite, or Ryan, explained it in more detail as well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #22
Pro

I don't have a lot of experience with MyTeam and MT, but it seems like MT is easier to get than the higher currencies in these mobile games. In the mobile games, it just about has to be bought with real money. The part that irritates me is that some items are not obtainable without it. Some of the maps in DH were impossible to complete because the weapon to do so could only be purchased with the higher currency.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:14 PM   #23
MVP

MVPMaK's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
I don't have a lot of experience with MyTeam and MT, but it seems like MT is easier to get than the higher currencies in these mobile games. In the mobile games, it just about has to be bought with real money. The part that irritates me is that some items are not obtainable without it. Some of the maps in DH were impossible to complete because the weapon to do so could only be purchased with the higher currency.

Hopefully it isn't something like this where you basically have to use real money to perform certain things. Let's see if they will provide a response to this soon.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:13 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I used to play Madden mobile. They had coins and cash. You got coins for playing/selling cards/etc. You could buy cards and packs with them.

You could only get cash by paying real money (or as a gift after week-long server maintenances). You could buy packs with it, or you could refill your energy bar (you needed energy to play events).

That's one way that I've seen an example of dual-currency.

I believe they do it for Madden Ultimate Team too and I also believe that it works out so that cards/packs are "cheaper" (more convenient) if you do them the real money route versus trying to earn the coins via playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »