Home

Blog: Seasons in MyNBA2K16

This is a discussion on Blog: Seasons in MyNBA2K16 within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2015, 06:59 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Blog: Seasons in MyNBA2K16

When you talk about running into a tough line with plenty of defense, does this mean we will actually be able to see our opponents' lineups? Stats and all?

In this year's app we can only see the 8 cards played against us and then have to go to AH to see those stats. And have no idea if they are enhanced. Or if they're not fully trained. Ability fired? Not to mention that you were boosting offense to combat that strong defense, but you draw non-offensive the entire game. Too much of a crap shoot this year. That's why this year either you boost all categories or none.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:01 PM   #18
Pro

JBGlass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
During playtesting on Seasons in MyNBA2K14 we tried shorter game times for Seasons. It actually didn't have the desired effect of making it less stressful, it made it worse. When you missed games being away from your phone, you missed a LOT of them. The 1 hour (30 minutes of game, 30 minutes of setup) really felt right for keeping the pace fast, but not so fast that it punished you for not being on your phone constantly.

Now with the new Stat Charging system, it makes it even more forgiving for being away from your Seasons for a number of games since you can charge up for several games vs. just one at a time. Energy will still drain, so you'll want to return frequently if you want max energy, but if you're fine without it then you'll get the stat boosts for a playoff series without checking back.

The games at 30 minutes are fine, just the in between that sucks. Well at least you tried

When does '16 drop anyway??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2015, 07:09 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
During playtesting on Seasons in MyNBA2K14 we tried shorter game times for Seasons. It actually didn't have the desired effect of making it less stressful, it made it worse. When you missed games being away from your phone, you missed a LOT of them. The 1 hour (30 minutes of game, 30 minutes of setup) really felt right for keeping the pace fast, but not so fast that it punished you for not being on your phone constantly.

Now with the new Stat Charging system, it makes it even more forgiving for being away from your Seasons for a number of games since you can charge up for several games vs. just one at a time. Energy will still drain, so you'll want to return frequently if you want max energy, but if you're fine without it then you'll get the stat boosts for a playoff series without checking back.
But if it's like this year, you still can't get a good night's sleep unless you draw bots for two consecutive rounds. If you draw a human while sleeping, boosting isn't going to matter because the other guy is going to boost and be fully energized every game.

I understand what you mean regarding the 15 minutes games, but there has to be a way to get the Playoffs in consistently in 12-14 hours. Go best of 5 or something.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:11 PM   #20
Community Manager at Cat Daddy Games

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
I see nothing regarding the season rewards. How do they compare to this year?
Hey! Had to crack out ye' olde spreadsheet to talk about rewards. It all depends on what tier you're in. For example, if you take the championship in Super Rare, you'll win 1 UR player card and a good chunk of RP. This is, of course, still being play tested so the reward structure that I just mentioned might be revised come game time.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #21

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel83
Any update on player selection during season matches?
When DEF is being called I would like my best DEF Player to play, and not something random, it just takes all the fun and logic away.
The game will take your best DEF players and choose between them. There will still be some times when the lesser-awesome card will be drawn, but like the real NBA, sometimes a team has an off night. There can't be an upset if the best card is always drawn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2015, 07:15 PM   #22
Pro

MrDavison's Arena

Any answer regarding to the end of seasons? Any way to collect rewards immediately after the series is over instead of waiting 30 minutes after your last game, or heaven forbid..the end of a 7 game bot series somewhere else in the bracket? This is a big frustration for many season players.

QG Tier: IC++
Champions Tier: IC
Top 25 Tier: IC
Old 08-31-2015, 07:33 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_nicholson
Hey! Had to crack out ye' olde spreadsheet to talk about rewards. It all depends on what tier you're in. For example, if you take the championship in Super Rare, you'll win 1 UR player card and a good chunk of RP. This is, of course, still being play tested so the reward structure that I just mentioned might be revised come game time.
Similar to the current rewards with runner-up and semis getting a SR with smaller chunk of RP? And QF getting just an SR (no RP)?

I guess my follow-up to that is assuming Legendary is the top tier to start, will the winner in that tier just get one Lendendary card and a chunk of RP?
Old 08-31-2015, 07:40 PM   #24

brad_nicholson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
Similar to the current rewards with runner-up and semis getting a SR with smaller chunk of RP? And QF getting just an SR (no RP)?

I guess my follow-up to that is assuming Legendary is the top tier to start, will the winner in that tier just get one Lendendary card and a chunk of RP?
Let's stick with SR for the example for now, as we're still testing and developing (and all this might change). Runner-up in Super Rare an SR card and RP. If you made it into the third or fourth round you'd still receive an SR card and RP. It scales down, of course, the lower you place*.

*This is all subject to change, as we test.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »