Home

Rivals Clash 2k16

This is a discussion on Rivals Clash 2k16 within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #65
Rookie

Kazeyonoma's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rivals Clash 2k16

Quote:
Originally Posted by story83
Wow, I officially hate RC and Cat Daddy. With a passion. All I wanted was a Legendary card, so I shot for Bosh. I finished around 3600 rank. Then calculations came in and I dropped down to 4156. That makes the rank seem kind of useless, as you end up just guessing where you're at. "I guess I'm going to get the card I'm aiming for?" Pisses me off.
This isn't really CD's fault though. calculations happen real time and the displayed rank you have is at best 1-10 seconds old and at worse several minutes old if you haven't refreshed your app by triggering a fresh login. It's the nature of RCs. You always have to gun for higher ranks than you actually want because calculations will drop you. It's part of the game tbh. Sucks you dropped 500 ranks but chances are if you had refreshed before the event ended it would've been closer to the 4156 you saw and would've pushed harder to stay out of the 'danger zone'. And this RC wasn't even as competitive as 2k15's where you'd see people drop a TON of positions from calculations. live and learn, why get angry over it. there'll be a lot more RCs in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 02:24 AM   #66
Rookie

JesusSkates's Arena

I got my Dragic with two specs. Did anyone get the same?

You will continue to read this and appreciate my tapatalk signature.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #67
Rookie

story83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma
This isn't really CD's fault though. calculations happen real time and the displayed rank you have is at best 1-10 seconds old and at worse several minutes old if you haven't refreshed your app by triggering a fresh login. It's the nature of RCs. You always have to gun for higher ranks than you actually want because calculations will drop you. It's part of the game tbh. Sucks you dropped 500 ranks but chances are if you had refreshed before the event ended it would've been closer to the 4156 you saw and would've pushed harder to stay out of the 'danger zone'. And this RC wasn't even as competitive as 2k15's where you'd see people drop a TON of positions from calculations. live and learn, why get angry over it. there'll be a lot more RCs in the future.
No, it is their fault. They could easily query to keep the ranking up to date. If additional computing time were needed, they could squeeze that in during the ridiculous, seizure-inducing graphics they seem hellbent on keeping.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:01 PM   #68
Rookie

Kazeyonoma's Arena

Quote:
No, it is their fault. They could easily query to keep the ranking up to date. If additional computing time were needed, they could squeeze that in during the ridiculous, seizure-inducing graphics they seem hellbent on keeping.
I'm a programmer and even I wouldn't be so bold as to say 'easily query to keep the ranking up to date'. It's easy as a consumer to assume the app can do certain things/etc but without knowing the app intensively I highly doubt they WANT to not show us the latest data available, sometimes there are just limitations.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #69
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Quote:
Make sure you're higher up next time that way this won't happen
Old 10-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #70
Rookie

story83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma
I'm a programmer and even I wouldn't be so bold as to say 'easily query to keep the ranking up to date'. It's easy as a consumer to assume the app can do certain things/etc but without knowing the app intensively I highly doubt they WANT to not show us the latest data available, sometimes there are just limitations.
Cool, I'm a programmer too. From what I've read, many of the people on here are.

I have chosen to be so bold because I specialize in DB optimization, specifically optimizing very near real time summaries of massive amounts of data. It isn't as simple as performing the query itself, but it is relatively simple.

I don't believe that they necessarily WANT to not show us the data, but I do assume that they don't care about optimizing their software in that area. And yet, withholding that real time data does create higher demand for the game and encourages spending, which could be two reasons to ignore the delay.

But either way, my point is that this gives users no basis for decision-making. Do I risk the 5 point game or play it safe with the 3 point game? Do I spend RP? Do I even have a chance at that next tier? Will spending more money give me a better chance at that tier? These decisions mean little if I don't know where I'm at.

Instead, I'm forced to tap mindlessly and without end, spending as much as I can, all the while simply hoping that it's been worth it. That's not fun. Furthermore, it's stress-inducing. More than that, when I have put in the time and I fail to get what I'm aiming for, it's just annoying. Or as I said before, that pisses me off.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #71
Rookie

story83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_19
Make sure you're higher up next time that way this won't happen
Precisely my point. RC's take a lot of fun out of playing by reducing the game to two simple actions: spend more, tap more. I can't even call it "play more." Why not make a game more fun for its users?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 06:34 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Cool, I'm a programmer too. From what I've read, many of the people on here are.

I have chosen to be so bold because I specialize in DB optimization, specifically optimizing very near real time summaries of massive amounts of data. It isn't as simple as performing the query itself, but it is relatively simple.

I don't believe that they necessarily WANT to not show us the data, but I do assume that they don't care about optimizing their software in that area. And yet, withholding that real time data does create higher demand for the game and encourages spending, which could be two reasons to ignore the delay.

But either way, my point is that this gives users no basis for decision-making. Do I risk the 5 point game or play it safe with the 3 point game? Do I spend RP? Do I even have a chance at that next tier? Will spending more money give me a better chance at that tier? These decisions mean little if I don't know where I'm at.

Instead, I'm forced to tap mindlessly and without end, spending as much as I can, all the while simply hoping that it's been worth it. That's not fun. Furthermore, it's stress-inducing. More than that, when I have put in the time and I fail to get what I'm aiming for, it's just annoying. Or as I said before, that pisses me off.
Since you specialize in big data and real time analysis, you understand what it takes to pull those things off. CD obviously doesn't have anybody on staff that specializes in that. Somebody like you is a luxury item for a game like this, not a necessity. If they did, I'd expect to see more accurate results in real time and more focus and information on tier boundaries, which they clearly don't have. I honestly don't care about the 50 people ahead of and/or behind me, I care about the point totals of the boundaries in front of and behind me, so I know what I need to be shooting for. This just isn't a priority to them and I understand why. With a limited team and budget, you have other roles that you need to fill first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »