Home

A call out to CD - Make changes or else!

This is a discussion on A call out to CD - Make changes or else! within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A call out to CD - Make changes or else!

regarding cash grab thing i can understand they are in business and to create money from the game and the big issue isn't features or function. every year they release new game version and people need to restart over agian..so everything is useless. guest what how much i spent? around $300 on the game..i find it crazy but having depression lately need to get mind off, right now i'm already burnt out.

i already quit on WWE supercard because of this...giving out all of my Leg Pro to people once season finished i 2-3 hours and done with this game.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #18
Pro

richie_r1ch's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel83
I somewhat consider myself a regular. Ended up with 60 PO cards on last years app, and also played the 2k14 version.
I gave up on this app about 2 weeks ago. Couldnt be bothered to grind again in RC for Melo Leg that would require wild cards or a star contract or a ton of RP to buy 2 doubles.
The last RttC was the nail in the coffin for me. The insane amount of points required turned me off in the first RttC but i still grinded to the Kobe.
But with all these non-dupable Throwback cards (unless you use WC), i couldnt be bothered to play.

Close to 400 points for 2 rare's that i quick sell for 10 RP a piece? Yeah no thanks!

Im already selling of all of my auctionable cards, and just gonna play 2k16 on the console (which i enjoy much more than this garbaaagee)!
Only gonna play the app to acquire the free VC and the occasional easy RP Goal.

I really enjoyed the first few weeks of the new app, and it showed promise! But the last few events, lower pack rate WC, 24hr goal waiting, uninteresting seasons, low RP card value and 2.5k/10k quick sell limit have turned me of.

But i must say a big thank you to CD. You have given me so much more free time to do things i actually enjoy!
I hear you man, I thought it was just me at first but I've noticed a few of the regulars from 2k15 also quit this one or didn't bother at all. I went from playing 35k games on the last app to quitting this one after a week and a half. The cash grab on this seasons app is so obvious it's insulting, it was a complete turn off. I don't mind supporting free to play apps at all, but when so much is placed behind a paywall, then that's where they ruined it IMO.

I'm curious to see what the profits are like on this versions app, I know CD said 2k15 was a big success but I have a feeling that their greed this time around will prevent them from reaching the same success this time around.

Ah well, now I'm back to only opening the app to collect VC
Old 12-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #19
Rookie

I really hope they lower the point totals needed in RTTC. Right now, from what I've been told, it's taking about 100k worth of hot streaks to finish one. Well getting RP is becoming more challenging by the week. UR's only sell for min and even that's not a guarantee and most epics only net you around 6-8k. Single legs are only bringing back 25-30k as well. Spending 100k on hot streaks will soon become much tougher to swallow.

MyTeam- The North
Old 12-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Mightykev's Arena

RC and rttc are ok, grind is getting to me, as a non cash player I spent majority of my weekend grind for these events. Wild cards are great to pro the reward cards I dunno why you are complaining, just spend RP to buy extra packs, I alway get 2-3 wild per 60k RP. It's much easier to pro than 2k15
Old 12-06-2015, 12:07 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightykev
RC and rttc are ok, grind is getting to me, as a non cash player I spent majority of my weekend grind for these events. Wild cards are great to pro the reward cards I dunno why you are complaining, just spend RP to buy extra packs, I alway get 2-3 wild per 60k RP. It's much easier to pro than 2k15
As long as you are getting that 2-3 wild per 60k RP I agreee, I would do same.
But if you are spending more than 100k RP and not get a single WC, that sucks... Happened to me most of times recently.
And for me the amount of points needed for the cards in RttC is just ridiculous.

Grinding in RC is fine for me. You want the RC-card? Go and grind.
You want the RttC-card? Go and get your credit card
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 12:43 AM   #22
Pro

What I don't understand is why some think that getting the final card in RTTC should not be tough. In 2k15, there was only two ways to pro the final card in RTTC: buy packs or finish top 25 in RC. They made it pretty easy to get that card because they knew they wouldn't be giving out many dupes of the card for free.

Honestly, CD has done a few things with this app that I dislike, but this game is no more greedy than the 14 and 15 versions. If anything, this app is possibly easier for free players than 15 was and is definitely easier than 14 was.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #23
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
What I don't understand is why some think that getting the final card in RTTC should not be tough. In 2k15, there was only two ways to pro the final card in RTTC: buy packs or finish top 25 in RC. They made it pretty easy to get that card because they knew they wouldn't be giving out many dupes of the card for free.

Honestly, CD has done a few things with this app that I dislike, but this game is no more greedy than the 14 and 15 versions. If anything, this app is possibly easier for free players than 15 was and is definitely easier than 14 was.
I would definitely agree with it being much easier for the free player than previous years. The things that I really dislike though is star contracts,assistant manager and game nights(can still complete RTTC with hot streaks at least) being hidden behind pay walls. It would be cool to see some kind of new event get added also.

Edit: Also I find team perks to be an absolute joke I mean for our last goal we had to play 15k quick games to then get foiler alert which is the most useless thing going.

Last edited by Adam_19; 12-06-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #24
Pro

secrules2's Arena

To add fuel to my fire some guy with 6 UR pro's knocked out 3 teams that were way better than his to win our Legendary season. How the F does that happen when the rest of us had all Leg, Epic Pro's, Leg Pro's and MVP Pros?

Oh and my last FIVE team perks were complete useless crap.
Will your eternity be smoking or non-smoking?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »