Home

A call out to CD - Make changes or else!

This is a discussion on A call out to CD - Make changes or else! within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

OVR: 0
A call out to CD - Make changes or else!

Or else risk losing a good portion of your regulars and probably eventually a good portion of everyone if things continue on this path....

We all know you(CD) need to make money. You can't survive and continue the game if not. But you alienate players by the obvious changes to not improve the game, but force players to spend cash or suffer. Again, this is with the understanding that making those types of changes is necessary. But it's being handled badly.

To get everyone excited over a special thanksgiving event, and turn it into an obvious cash grab is underhanded slap to the entire community. We aren't stupid. How are we going to pro those cards other than to spend money on your TBT packs?

That leads to the first major problem: RTTC

RTTC cards require too many points. Why add 1pt to the end of each cost? Forcing people to spend an extra gamenight to get that card? Another underhanded obvious cash grab when you've made Gamenight cost cash. In 2k15 the entire RTTC was worth around 900 points. This year? 3k points. (Marino create a good explanation as to the effort required) The second card(a rare) is 211 points, when last year a PLAYOFF GREAT was only 240 points. Something needs to drastically change. A lot of people mainly play because RTTC was a fun event. RC is so much of a tedious grind. You've taken that away from us and made RTTC more of a grind than RC.

Suggestion: Make it more like Supercard. We can play each card once or twice to get a dupe, it is our choice. Don't allow someone to play the final card more than once. Lower the overall points required to finish an RTTC. And never ever make an entire RTTC full of undraftable cards.

Second major problem: Seasons and MVP cards.

There's a good amount of people playing that have no desire to make the finals of a season. Our choice is an undraftable MVP or a draftable single Legendary card. With wildcards being so valuable, it's not worth spending these on MVPs. If you think about it, it's not worth getting past the second round, 3rd if u want a few more RP. Which in turn takes away any motivation to really improve your season LU, since you don't need that great of a LU to get out of the first round...you only need to energize.(You notice I'm not complaining about taking away our Assistant Manager and making it cash only. Another underhanded slap, but one I can accept)

Suggestion: There are a lot of potential fixes for this. The biggest would be just to improve the rewards. Give the season winner a wildcard, or a duplicate MVP.

I made a suggestion awhile back that there should be a card called "Legendary Wildcard". The idea is that you can charge the card with 3 legendary singles, and it becomes an active card that can be used as a wildcard on legendary cards. As long as this type of change doesn't affect the current wildcards, I think it would be useful.

Lastly, for now anyways..: We need something else!
Many people are just bored. Burned out. We have the same game we had in 2k15 but worse. Costs more, we get to grind more for less tier rewards. We need another event. We need another tier. We need something before we all quit. You gave us "Teams". Which is something, but it doesn't add anything until we get "Team Events". I know there has been random whispers about more events or things coming. I also am fully aware this game hasn't been out that long! But with RTTC being such a disappointment and seasons being pretty meh rewards. Something's got to give.

That's all I have for now. I am hoping this reaches CD's ears and they attempt something to placate us individuals who really don't want to quit, but are seeing no other alternative. After all said and done, maybe we who are the loudest complaining are the minority and don't hold as much sway as we think we should. But even if that is the case, it doesn't make our opinions less true.

Last edited by cdogg777; 12-02-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
Pro

Re: A call out to CD - Make changes or else!

You can't really compare RTTC this year to last year's version. Last year, there was only two ways to dupe the final card: top 25 in RC or buy packs. Shorten the number of games it takes to get through the final card this year and half of the players will get a new RTTC pro every two weeks. Combine that with the fact they give 1,000 potential RC pros out every two weeks and all there will be is tank lineups.

To fix RTTC, they need to reallocate the points for all cards and put about 40% of the total points on the final card. If they did it like Supercard, everyone would just skip the foil versions and get through the final card in almost half the time.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

I agree with most of what you have, but I like MVP cards. I do wish season rewards were sellable, but that's fine. Just means a bunch of legs I'll likely never use. I like the concept of using those to create wildcards, but 3 might be a little much. 2 would be better. They're still quite rare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Skybox Elite

vince217's Arena

I hope that Brad / Danan reads this and even if they don't reply, take these thoughts into consideration. Granted, some of these problems only happen to those in the highest tier, but if the increasing number of humans in a leg season is any indication, there are a lot of players there already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

I think we need more RttCs with Laker centers. Haven't had one of those in awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #6
Rookie

i think another issue that isn't quite entirely their fault (i think..it's more of the natural progression of the game) is knowing that there's a *star* tier and a *playoff* tier to look forward to..and as such there's little incentive right now to gather leg's or mvps knowing they wont have any uses in a couple months..i dont believe there's any quick fix to this...but it would be cool if there was a way to upgrade a leg card's *tier* and make it a star or something of the sort

and considering how the actual 2k series rewards people for filling out their card catalogue ( i know this app will constantly turn out new cards..but why not reward current versions of the catalog and update the goals of filling out the catalogue when new cards are added)..i dont understand it..because im sure there are players in this game who enjoy the collecting portion of it..or the idea of filling out a set for a team, etc.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:31 AM   #7
MVP

Danab's Arena

I agree with the need for changes.
Motivation to grind is getting low. Nevertheless, I'm against the fact that points to reach the end of RttC should be reduced. I already have the feeling that the card are not as exclusive as they were last year. So if people could skip all the foil and try to focus on the last card EVERYONE would get the final card
Old 12-03-2015, 07:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Daniel83's Arena

I somewhat consider myself a regular. Ended up with 60 PO cards on last years app, and also played the 2k14 version.
I gave up on this app about 2 weeks ago. Couldnt be bothered to grind again in RC for Melo Leg that would require wild cards or a star contract or a ton of RP to buy 2 doubles.
The last RttC was the nail in the coffin for me. The insane amount of points required turned me off in the first RttC but i still grinded to the Kobe.
But with all these non-dupable Throwback cards (unless you use WC), i couldnt be bothered to play.

Close to 400 points for 2 rare's that i quick sell for 10 RP a piece? Yeah no thanks!

Im already selling of all of my auctionable cards, and just gonna play 2k16 on the console (which i enjoy much more than this garbaaagee)!
Only gonna play the app to acquire the free VC and the occasional easy RP Goal.

I really enjoyed the first few weeks of the new app, and it showed promise! But the last few events, lower pack rate WC, 24hr goal waiting, uninteresting seasons, low RP card value and 2.5k/10k quick sell limit have turned me of.

But i must say a big thank you to CD. You have given me so much more free time to do things i actually enjoy!
Mzong, ML10040311, Cavs4Life, CeltsFan81, AspeHeat, Apos1914, Illmatic1909, Lefxy, Phamtaztik, Palitongo, Rsudac, Ray Bond IV, nmellor, MrKornDog, Rengeektx, joenuts83, vermouth, Lakerking, urnoggin, Dan13Marino, Fabio85, tankendrick

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »