Home

RC Reward Structure. We need a change.

This is a discussion on RC Reward Structure. We need a change. within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #9
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RC Reward Structure. We need a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_19
Changing the rewards would just cater to people who spend a lot of money on the game. There is no way a free player would be able to compete which would just be completely unfair. There is already skybox that is basically exclusive to paying players seeing as no one else can afford anything in there so there is no reason to alienate the free players even more by changing RC rewards.

No it would not cater to people who spend, it will cater to the people that put in the time and effort.
Team Terminator is a free player and have ranked top 25 every RC.

Players that get 6000 points should not get the same reward as someone that gets 16,000.
And all this free player talk is really getting tired. There are a bunch of free players that have just as good of decks as paid players. You just have to be willing to put the time in. You cannot to expect a top card with little to no effort, and that's seems to be a lot of players issue with the game.

Last edited by Idapapi79; 12-07-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
Rookie

I havent spent a dime on this game and have a pretty competitive deck.I have gone as high as 283 in rc.So it's possible as a free player.Adding the rp with the auction house this time has given us a pretty fair way to compete.It let's me get all the rp I need for the challeges to buy HS.That being said,I agree with idapapi.There needs to be more incentive for top 25 and fewer RC cards handed out.I think it would make the events mean a lot more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #11
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idapapi79
No it would not cater to people who spend, it will cater to the people that put in the time and effort.
Team Terminator is a free player and have ranked top 25 every RC.

Players that get 6000 points should not get the same reward as someone that gets 16,000.
And all this free player talk is really getting tired. There are a bunch of free players that have just as good of decks as paid players. You just have to be willing to put the time in. You cannot to expect a top card with little to no effort, and that's seems to be a lot of players issue with the game.
Who said I expect anything? I'm a free player and finished top 100 in 3 out of the 4 RCs so far with the last one being the exception where I just went for top 1000 because I couldn't be bothered to play more. I said if the rewards were better then we wouldn't be able to compete because the points totals would definitely become even higher. Also I'm not sure where 6000 points get you the same rewards as 16000 points but yeah ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #12
Rookie

Idapapi79's Arena

Quote:
Who said I expect anything? I'm a free player and finished top 100 in 3 out of the 4 RCs so far with the last one being the exception where I just went for top 1000 because I couldn't be bothered to play more. I said if the rewards were then we wouldn't be able to compete because the points totals would definitely become even higher. Also I'm not sure where 6000 points get you the same rewards as 16000 points but yeah ok.

You need RP to compete during rc. RP is FREE, so how would free players not be able to compete with the higher point totals?

I ranked 55 w/ 16,003 points and got reb/pm spec. The OP had 6k points and got pm spec. Rebound spec on a point guard is useless so yeah that's pretty much the same reward. Now im not complaining about the specs, I don't mind them being random, but 10,000 point difference for just one extra spec needs to be changed.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:56 PM   #13
Pro

drdotwho's Arena

Quote:
Who said I expect anything? I'm a free player and finished top 100 in 3 out of the 4 RCs so far with the last one being the exception where I just went for top 1000 because I couldn't be bothered to play more. I said if the rewards were better then we wouldn't be able to compete because the points totals would definitely become even higher. Also I'm not sure where 6000 points get you the same rewards as 16000 points but yeah ok.
I guess the discussion there is -- does one extra spec make THAT much of a different? Is it fair to those who put extra 10k points in RC to get a card with 1 extra spec, or slightly better than a single spec RC card? I think that is debatable. It is even more debatable if a top 100-finisher got 2 spec at the worst category compare with a top-1000 Finisher getting a 1 spec on the best category -- the latter card can beat the first card in circumstances that are more common/usual.

While you can certainly say that "it is your choice to go for top 100 or not", I believe the point is that such reward structure is no longer rewarding for the top players. It can, and only will, hurt CD in a long run (imagine some big names already considered quitting the game because RC is no longer " fun" or "competitive" due to its rewards for the top-25 and top-100 finishers.)

Either introduce a bracket within top-1000 (101-1000) or lower the reward for top-1000 is one of the more obvious option to make people to have incentive to compete.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:11 PM   #14
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idapapi79
You need RP to compete during rc. RP is FREE, so how would free players not be able to compete with the higher point totals?

I ranked 55 w/ 16,003 points and got reb/pm spec. The OP had 6k points and got pm spec. Rebound spec on a point guard is useless so yeah that's pretty much the same reward. Now im not complaining about the specs, I don't mind them being random, but 10,000 point difference for just one extra spec needs to be changed.
So it's not the same reward then as you got a stronger card. And the amount of RP that would be needed there is absolutely no way a free player could consistently compete especially with how even the LEG market now is slowly dying.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #15
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdotwho
I guess the discussion there is -- does one extra spec make THAT much of a different? Is it fair to those who put extra 10k points in RC to get a card with 1 extra spec, or slightly better than a single spec RC card? I think that is debatable. It is even more debatable if a top 100-finisher got 2 spec at the worst category compare with a top-1000 Finisher getting a 1 spec on the best category -- the latter card can beat the first card in circumstances that are more common/usual.

While you can certainly say that "it is your choice to go for top 100 or not", I believe the point is that such reward structure is no longer rewarding for the top players. It can, and only will, hurt CD in a long run (imagine some big names already considered quitting the game because RC is no longer " fun" or "competitive" due to its rewards for the top-25 and top-100 finishers.)

Either introduce a bracket within top-1000 (101-1000) or lower the reward for top-1000 is one of the more obvious option to make people to have incentive to compete.
The people who spend silly amounts on the game will never quit lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 01:25 AM   #16
Rookie

PsyGoesNova's Arena

All this 'free player' talk as defense to everything being suggested is starting to get annoying. Thats not even the point, lol. The point here is that the rewards for people who consistently put GREATER EFFORT (regardless if he bought his RP with credits or not) should be substantially better than people who choose not to. What is so hard to understand? Its not like everyone who places in the top 100 gets their RP via credit conversion (which is utter CD bull). Everyone is a "FREE" player in regards to making RP. Aside from the Star Contracts I bought, I am as free as any player can be free.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
MVP: Pro Epic Dirk Nowitzki
QG Tier: Legendary ++
Season Tier: Legendary

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »