Home

Verification code expieriment

This is a discussion on Verification code expieriment within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #9
Rookie

MajorMacaco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Verification code expieriment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
Couple things:

New verification is clearly missing a confirmation prompt. When playing RC especially, you get into a rhythm of tapping the screen to move through screens. When verification pops up, it is SUPER easy to tap the screen and get the wrong icon, because you're just trying to tap to move on to the next game.

Counting that as a missed verification input is utterly ridiculous.

CD doesn't seem to actually understand how people play their game (more accurately, how this game forces us to play RC, if we wish to place high). Verification pops up a LOT for real human players that play this game the only way you can, if you want top level cards.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
I think thats the point, we cant play every single game like if its our last. During RC its impossible to only play doing nothing else, Im always watching something or listening to a podcast, and unless the whole game changes (and thats not the point), thats how we will continue to play.

I really dont want them to change it to the past mode cuz i think its more susceptible to botters, so I think the best solution it would be some kind of confirmation screen before the images show up. Maybe both systems together, idk.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMacaco
I think thats the point, we cant play every single game like if its our last. During RC its impossible to only play doing nothing else, Im always watching something or listening to a podcast, and unless the whole game changes (and thats not the point), thats how we will continue to play.

I really dont want them to change it to the past mode cuz i think its more susceptible to botters, so I think the best solution it would be some kind of confirmation screen before the images show up. Maybe both systems together, idk.
All they need to do is add a confirmation prompt. Once you tap the icon, it should be highlighted, and then you have to hit an "OK" button at the bottom or something.

Generally speaking though, people seem to think this new verification system is somehow unbreakable. I guarantee you it's not, and people will have it cracked in no time anyway. I personally feel like RC needs a fundamental change, if cheating is to be curtailed. The mode itself encourages cheating.

It's either you slack on school, work, social life, family, etc.. for 4 days every two weeks, or you cheat. Having that mode as such a central part of the game is going to encourage cheating regardless.

Allowing cheating for 2 years certainly hasn't helped, so maybe this latest crackdown will have the desired effect. We'll see.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:44 PM   #11
Rookie

eamays's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJack
All they need to do is add a confirmation prompt. Once you tap the icon, it should be highlighted, and then you have to hit an "OK" button at the bottom or something.

Generally speaking though, people seem to think this new verification system is somehow unbreakable. I guarantee you it's not, and people will have it cracked in no time anyway. I personally feel like RC needs a fundamental change, if cheating is to be curtailed. The mode itself encourages cheating.

It's either you slack on school, work, social life, family, etc.. for 4 days every two weeks, or you cheat. Having that mode as such a central part of the game is going to encourage cheating regardless.

Allowing cheating for 2 years certainly hasn't helped, so maybe this latest crackdown will have the desired effect. We'll see.

I like the idea of the conformation prompt, it would work kind of like the enter key on the numeric keypad verification of the last anti-botter catch, so that one simple tap of the screen doesn't count as a strike.

An update on my 2nd experiment. I've had 19 verification prompts on a new account and entered 12 incorrect captchas, but never more than once per prompt. I've also mixed in correct responses on the 1st prompt and I haven't been banned yet. However, all you need is a good internet connection to easily get the "verifying answer" 4-5 times in less than 10 seconds, which can really escalate to a ban quickly, but it does appear that you get . I am close to being done for the day with the experiment, but since my SR+ team is on the botting watch list now and I just pulled an SR Kristaps Porzingis, I will continue tomorrow with a more aggressive approach to getting banned and see where the limit is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #12
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eamays
I like the idea of the conformation prompt, it would work kind of like the enter key on the numeric keypad verification of the last anti-botter catch, so that one simple tap of the screen doesn't count as a strike.

An update on my 2nd experiment. I've had 19 verification prompts on a new account and entered 12 incorrect captchas, but never more than once per prompt. I've also mixed in correct responses on the 1st prompt and I haven't been banned yet. However, all you need is a good internet connection to easily get the "verifying answer" 4-5 times in less than 10 seconds, which can really escalate to a ban quickly, but it does appear that you get . I am close to being done for the day with the experiment, but since my SR+ team is on the botting watch list now and I just pulled an SR Kristaps Porzingis, I will continue tomorrow with a more aggressive approach to getting banned and see where the limit is.
This is very helpful and interesting, eamays, even if we can't know if your experience will be representative, though I am assuming it will be as this appears to be a fully-automated system.

Thanks for taking the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »