Home

anyone else get robbed of the good agent perk????

This is a discussion on anyone else get robbed of the good agent perk???? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #65
MVP

SlightlySnaked's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: anyone else get robbed of the good agent perk????

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedykiwi
In 8 hours of good agent I have pulled 3. And that's simply not worth 4 days of grinding..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
6 Hours of Good Agent... 0 Star Contracts. Brah. Talk about not worth it lol

-Snake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #66
Cat Daddy Games

Ok, first of all let me say I apologize for not being on the board recently. Our Studio shutdown for the end of December to give everyone on our team some much needed rest. I am not trying to dodge your questions about the Good Agent perk, just been playing catch up from being out.

As for the Good Agent perk, we checked all of the data from the last couple weeks to see what was going on. We found a bug in the drop rate code that was providing Veteran Contracts at a much higher rate than intended. Since the Good Agent swaps Star Contracts in for the Veteran slot and Veterans into the Rookie slot, the Star Contracts ended up dropping at a better rate. The bug was to the advantage of the players. You got a lot of extra Star Contracts.

On Monday we fixed the bug. Most teams had executed their Good Agent Perks already so the effect of the fix would not impact a huge number of people. However, obviously some of you got the fixed drop rates. Granted certainly not as good as what you experienced with the bug, but the Star Contracts were still dropping, which is what is promised from the Super Perk. We should have informed people of the change, but we didn't think the change would be so dramatic, absolutely our bad for not communicating it right away.

I have read through the feedback from everyone and talked it over with the team, and ~30 minutes ago we made a change to the drop rates to increase the drop rate for Veteran Contracts (and subsequently Star Contracts when Good Agent is activated). It is definitely not as good as what teams experienced on the first one, but it should not be as terrible as what some teams experienced in the last 2 days. With that said, it is random. It is a chance to receive a Star Contract not a guarantee. Some players/teams will simply be luckier than others. If you have constructive feedback on what your drops were during your Good Agent Perk duration then please post it. Keep in mind this does mean that Veteran Contracts will be harder to get now from the Draft Board. The rate you gain them in normal play will be a good example of what to expect when Good Agent is active for Star Contracts.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #67
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

If that's the case then that means veteran contracts were bugged from the get go. I'm just not understanding why it becomes a problem when the good agent perk has been introduced and now all of a sudden needs "looking into".

People have tons of veteran contracts and sell them off consistently to keep a low inventory. You guys implied that those star contracts would replace veteran contracts and drop accordingly. This led people to believe they would be able to amass quite a few. Why now the change?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 PM   #68
Pro

drdotwho's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf sia 4 lia
If that's the case then that means veteran contracts were bugged from the get go. I'm just not understanding why it becomes a problem when the good agent perk has been introduced and now all of a sudden needs "looking into".

People have tons of veteran contracts and sell them off consistently to keep a low inventory. You guys implied that those star contracts would replace veteran contracts and drop accordingly. This led people to believe they would be able to amass quite a few. Why now the change?

Exactly. How is that a "bug" when Good Agent becomes a thing? It seems to me that "there was no bug" if Good Agent doesn't exist to begin with. Before nerfing this, I remember I have a rookie to veteran contract ratio at 2:1. This is probably changed since the update.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:51 PM   #69
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:

The bug didn't really reveal itself until the Star Contracts dropped from the Good Agent Perk because Veteran Contracts are acquirable from a number of sources unlike the Star Contracts. So when we looked at data of how many Veteran Contracts people had it didn't seem out of whack because we knew you could get them from the Daily VC Bonus, Card Packs, and the Draft Board.

When Good Agent went out it created only the second means to gain Star Contracts. When we saw the numbers we knew there had to be a bug, so we then investigated. We previously hadn't seen it because Veteran Contracts were just more commonly gained from other sources so the data didn't reveal the bug as easily as looking at Star Contract data.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:54 PM   #70
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdotwho
Exactly. How is that a "bug" when Good Agent becomes a thing? It seems to me that "there was no bug" if Good Agent doesn't exist to begin with. Before nerfing this, I remember I have a rookie to veteran contract ratio at 2:1. This is probably changed since the update.

It most definitely will be different. Veteran Contracts will be harder acquire from the Draft Board.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #71
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
The bug didn't really reveal itself until the Star Contracts dropped from the Good Agent Perk because Veteran Contracts are acquirable from a number of sources unlike the Star Contracts. So when we looked at data of how many Veteran Contracts people had it didn't seem out of whack because we knew you could get them from the Daily VC Bonus, Card Packs, and the Draft Board.

When Good Agent went out it created only the second means to gain Star Contracts. When we saw the numbers we knew there had to be a bug, so we then investigated. We previously hadn't seen it because Veteran Contracts were just more commonly gained from other sources so the data didn't reveal the bug as easily as looking at Star Contract data.
That may be true but do you and your staff not play the game? Have y'all not experienced quite a few vet contracts being pulled from the board since the games inception? Why has no playing member on CD's staff ever brought this to the forefront. Because I can assure you that every single playing member on this forum has gotten a plethora of veteran contracts off the board, once they cross the epic ++ threshold

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 08:06 PM   #72
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
That may be true but do you and your staff not play the game? Have y'all not experienced quite a few vet contracts being pulled from the board since the games inception? Why has no playing member on CD's staff ever brought this to the forefront. Because I can assure you that every single playing member on this forum has gotten a plethora of veteran contracts off the board, once they cross the epic ++ threshold

Of course we play the game. This is just one bug that slipped through. It cropped up absolutely because Star Contracts are not meant to be given out like candy. They are powerful. So when the bug was found it was fixed. The original bug was in the player's favor, but in the long run having this bug fixed will keep the card economy healthy. We don't, and I doubt you do too, want everyone running around with Pro cards. It inflates everything and breaks the progression through the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »