Home

Small Boycott proposal

This is a discussion on Small Boycott proposal within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Small Boycott proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf sia 4 lia
Both Apple and Google tax 30% so it's real. I don't know what Amazon does though.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
just read about it, looks like its a fairly recent change. and it also looks like its going to be the downfall of the app store
Old 01-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #10
Banned

also still wouldn't make sense to tax an auction house that doesn't deal with real cash, or the virtual currency that is directly purchased with cash. it just seems like a scheme.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #11
Banned

They don't have to tax the auction house. Does anyone here play boom beach? I'd be similar to purchasing diamonds and than incurring fees and taxes when using those diamonds. They're making us pay twice.

Now an auction house almost always does have a tax, but typically between 5-10% with 15% being a high outlier. To charge us 30% tax is ludicrous and blatantly unethical.

What makes it better is one of the top tier perks, government intervention, only drops the tax a mere 10%. At the least, for one isolated sale, we should have the benefit of reaping 100% profits.

This game typically finds ways to benefit the player, than they actively make alterations to ensure that at the end of the day, the only person truly benefiting is cash daddy. This is seriously one of the biggest 'troll' companies I've ever dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 02:37 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinSeason
They don't have to tax the auction house. Does anyone here play boom beach? I'd be similar to purchasing diamonds and than incurring fees and taxes when using those diamonds. They're making us pay twice.

Now an auction house almost always does have a tax, but typically between 5-10% with 15% being a high outlier. To charge us 30% tax is ludicrous and blatantly unethical.

What makes it better is one of the top tier perks, government intervention, only drops the tax a mere 10%. At the least, for one isolated sale, we should have the benefit of reaping 100% profits.

This game typically finds ways to benefit the player, than they actively make alterations to ensure that at the end of the day, the only person truly benefiting is cash daddy. This is seriously one of the biggest 'troll' companies I've ever dealt with.

YEAH!!!!! what he said!!!!!
Old 01-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #13
Pro

drdotwho's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souf sia 4 lia
Both Apple and Google tax 30% so it's real. I don't know what Amazon does though.

Called Google the other day and have a on-phone conversation with this guy at 4 pm PST. They don't take anything of 30% from CD. When a developer decided to "list" an app on Google Play Store, Google does make some profit from the game developer, but no way close to 30%. They refused to give me the actual number, but 10% would be more reasonable -- if it isn't already (and still) an overestimation.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #14
Pro

matt43's Arena

guys... the 30% is just to keep you playing hard when theres no event to build RP...
Old 01-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #15
MVP

Souf sia 4 lia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdotwho
Called Google the other day and have a on-phone conversation with this guy at 4 pm PST. They don't take anything of 30% from CD. When a developer decided to "list" an app on Google Play Store, Google does make some profit from the game developer, but no way close to 30%. They refused to give me the actual number, but 10% would be more reasonable -- if it isn't already (and still) an overestimation.
I remember reading an article at some point last year where their take on in-app purchases was 30% across the board. I can't remember exactly where though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #16
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinSeason

We always knew we were playing against the house edge. Subsequently I never get my hopes up.

Also, why did the OP get banned?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »