Home

Small Boycott proposal

This is a discussion on Small Boycott proposal within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2016, 09:22 PM   #17
Banned

Afiveshi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Small Boycott proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricFP
We always knew we were playing against the house edge. Subsequently I never get my hopes up.

Also, why did the OP get banned?
Inciting public discord? who knows.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #18
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysinSeason
They don't have to tax the auction house. Does anyone here play boom beach? I'd be similar to purchasing diamonds and than incurring fees and taxes when using those diamonds. They're making us pay twice.

Now an auction house almost always does have a tax, but typically between 5-10% with 15% being a high outlier. To charge us 30% tax is ludicrous and blatantly unethical.

What makes it better is one of the top tier perks, government intervention, only drops the tax a mere 10%. At the least, for one isolated sale, we should have the benefit of reaping 100% profits.

This game typically finds ways to benefit the player, than they actively make alterations to ensure that at the end of the day, the only person truly benefiting is cash daddy. This is seriously one of the biggest 'troll' companies I've ever dealt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Completely. Yet....we all keep playing and many spending money and CD making bank. So, in their mind, why would they change? Their model is working, even if we constantly complain about it.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #19
Rookie

I always thought the 30% was so that it'd be a bit more difficult to use multiple accounts to boost one account.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #20
Rookie

GhostKiller's Arena

banned ? why ?
Old 01-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #21
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Grindaz (formerly known as Khnum) was banned for attacking other users (which devs are included in). We are a respectful, constructive community at OS and if you can't follow those rules you are no longer welcome in the site.

Now let's move on and enjoy the game. Or don't, and stop playing or be constructive with your criticism.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #22
Rookie

moosecala's Arena

What does taxing ah 30% have to do with Google and apple...Madden doesn't do this and its mobile community is thriving...you guys are like beaten wives,making excuses for why you should stay with in a **** situation when you should leave
Old 01-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #23
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Haha yeah the 30% tax-is-because-of-google/apple is even more stupid now considering that google / apple doesn't take a cut of the RP we generate in game.

Like, maybe that argument made some sense in 2k15 when the only credits being injected into the game were from purchases (where CD might be able to claim they are passing on the tax), or the paltry amount from seasons.

But that reasoning now holds no water.

CD will continue to say it functions to keep the AH stable, basically a currency sink. Personally I don't believe it needs to be so high, especially with the other RP sinks we currently have in game, such as the need to buy extras packs to pro cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »