Home

MyNBA2K16 Star Tier Season Rewards

This is a discussion on MyNBA2K16 Star Tier Season Rewards within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
Cat Daddy Games

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA2K16 Star Tier Season Rewards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySnaked
Thanks, NWGamedad. So will 25 Legend Pro's be able to +5 the final card this RttC? Thanks again.

-Snake

You're just going to have to play and find out. There are too many variables to say such and such deck can beat x boss. If I say yes or no and it didn't happen that way for one game, people will freak out. So, just play RttC and find out what works.

I will say the new RttC is VERY hard. 3 star cards are possible, but it takes some serious commitment to do it.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #10
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySnaked
So...

Champion gets an All-Star, HOF, and Record Setter? Or Champion gets ONE random card from those three tiers?

-Snake

They get one random card from one of the themes randomly selected.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #11
Cat Daddy Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMeagle
I'm guessing one card will be randomly selected from different themes to increase the number of cards in the pool (so everyone won't end up with same cards). There also might be more RP rewards for other playoff qualifiers other than the 6k RP listed for champion. Other than the fact that you'll most likely need WCs to pro these cards, this is not bad at all for those who have issues with time/resource commitments with events...

However, makes me regret buying those 12 RS packs on discount a few days ago... should've resisted the urge... but I'll think of it as a small offering to the MyNBA Gods as I did get the Froggle Kareem as a season reward afterwards!... (my string of emotions: )

Can't wait to see the new catalog with new cards!

The RP listed is correct. You not win RP from a Star Season unless you win the Season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #12
MVP

Adam_19's Arena

Are you able to tell us what the cards are like in the final cards decks?
Old 01-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #13
Rookie

GhostKiller's Arena

so many cards.... maybe too many i guess :/
Old 01-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypotato
Not really too excited with MVP and RS rewards in the first couple rounds. Seems like the game is shifting more and more towards pro-ing everything with wildcards. I doubt anyone in Star seasons will be pro-ing anymore Legendaries at this point and at least with regular legendaries we would have a chance of pulling a dupe off the board and selling a leg pro.
Very true.

POINTERS (that can be Pro or Con depending type of player you are):
  • This will entice users to buy card packs (RP or credits), extras packs (RP), and contracts packs (credits). [solves why some users have so much RP in reserve problem.]
  • Maybe having rewards being very rare cards will help with the logjam in the top notch in Star & Legendary seasons.
  • Diversifies everyone's lineups since WCs have a even higher value now. [solves the why are some users stocking up on WC problem]
  • Gives users a chance to improve line-up without relying on time/resource-consuming event rewards.
  • Should keep regular Star cards value high in AH for a long time as users try to pro 3rd round winnings, and users without many WCs use AH to pro regular Star cards.
  • Legendary RS and MVP rewards in first two rounds may give incentive to those without top notch Star line-up to move up anyway -- giving those in Legendary seasons a better chance. (Also giving collectors incentive to keep playing while knowing that they can't hang with tanks and whales -- and chance to pro Leg RS/MVP without using two WCs.)

That's enough rambling from me as my brain just shut off. All-in-all, I think everything will work itself out as long as everyone has realistic expectations based on their time, resources, and money commitments. But absolutely don't be afraid to make your thoughts known as CD did change legendary champ rewards to RS card -- keeping in mind that let's give this a couple of weeks for trial-and-success/error.

Last edited by CAMeagle; 01-19-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #15
Pro

So star tier isn't even released and already the regular draftable star cards are fourth rate cards. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 07:10 PM   #16
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
They get one random card from one of the themes randomly selected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGameDad
The RP listed is correct. You not win RP from a Star Season unless you win the Season.
Thanks for the responses and the fun game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »