Home

RTTC Points are too high

This is a discussion on RTTC Points are too high within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #25
Rookie

plotting's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTC Points are too high

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipselinho
Why last rttc's they gave away 3 of the best cards and a rttc card for only 3k points? And whats the number now? 4.5k? Sry dont know exactly... So you need so much hs/gn/rp more to finish... Why this bad change?

Ive no problem that you need a very good lu for the star rewards... I like it... So not 99% in star tier have the same lu

My opinion is that you should need min 13 star pro to finish rttc..

But why behind a pay wall for free players?

Players who buy 10-20 rs packs have no problem to buy 100gn or more. Thats one pack.
A free player will not buy gn and so will never get the rttc card. And thats a fun killer... Its a disadvantage that we cant get the same cards as a pay2win player... With grinding you can get rc and from season hof/as/rs cardd

Why are more and more players quitting the game? Think about it

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk
Everyone keeps referencing buying game nights and although I agree with you that it's not realistic to be able to complete RTTC without spending money it's also not impossible either. Listen I don't agree with what CD did to RTTC but you guys are saying stuff or alluding to things that aren't true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2016, 04:50 PM   #26
Pro

fipselinho's Arena

Why it was possible to finish rttc on leg tier without buying gn?

And yeah... Its so realistic to finish rttc without gn... Can you pls try it and post a pic of you before and after the event. Use nearly every free gn for 80h? Perhaps if you stay at home for the whole event and sit on couch to not miss a gn...
Yeah mathematically its possible but thats a joke...

And dont forget the 100k rp needed for hs...

Team: The Mob - Give us your RP or get chomped

Spreadsheet / Card list
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...readsheet.html
Old 01-29-2016, 05:15 PM   #27
Rookie

plotting's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipselinho
Why it was possible to finish rttc on leg tier without buying gn?

And yeah... Its so realistic to finish rttc without gn... Can you pls try it and post a pic of you before and after the event. Use nearly every free gn for 80h? Perhaps if you stay at home for the whole event and sit on couch to not miss a gn...
Yeah mathematically its possible but thats a joke...

And dont forget the 100k rp needed for hs...

Again you're getting hung up on semantics, I didn't nearly have a strong enough deck to get Billups let alone Prince or Wallace. I would have no problem spending the 96k on GN either if I knew I could have even completed 2/3 cards cause they would be worth it. Again it's very unlikely to complete but isn't that the point of it? Would you rather have a game that's easy to beat? I wish it were less hours of commitment as well but other than making an unbeatable deck there is no way to combat the card from being easily obtained
Old 01-29-2016, 05:58 PM   #28
Pro

fipselinho's Arena

I give up...

Team: The Mob - Give us your RP or get chomped

Spreadsheet / Card list
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...readsheet.html
Old 01-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #29
Banned

supahotfire1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting
Again you're getting hung up on semantics, I didn't nearly have a strong enough deck to get Billups let alone Prince or Wallace. I would have no problem spending the 96k on GN either if I knew I could have even completed 2/3 cards cause they would be worth it. Again it's very unlikely to complete but isn't that the point of it? Would you rather have a game that's easy to beat? I wish it were less hours of commitment as well but other than making an unbeatable deck there is no way to combat the card from being easily obtained
bruh its not easy, its impossible to beat as a free player thats the fking problem we are mentioning.
As people calculated it earlier: 3 hours of straight sleep for 3 days, for me as an european even less because i cant play the last 3-4hours because rttcs ends at 3am on mondays in my timezone. think about it
Old 01-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #30
Rookie

hatemakerr's Arena

I agree that it's too hard.

I agree I don't want my deck to look just like everyone else I play against.

My suggestion:

Three different [aths, and you can only pick one. Think of the pokemon start (I was young, once). But here's the catch - you don't know what the three final cards are. You don't even know the position. You just know the team.

So, you're doing the RTTC in the normal way...
SR - UR - UR(F) - E - E(F) =SPLIT[UTA] L - L(F) - S
=SPLIT[OKC] L - L(F) - S
=SPLIT[HOU] L - L(F) - S

And you can only pick one path. You can see who the legendary cards are but not any of the stars aside from knowing which team it's from.

In addition, the MATH is to be able to finish it, if you're playing around the clock with 7 hours of sleep. That's fair. It's doable but maybe you throw in a few bucks to makeup for one of the days you missed.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #31
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

As much as I like the idea of branched rewards for deck variety, let's face it, it's extra work for the same return, and therefore an unappealing business proposition.

And yes, for all intents and purposes, the final card is beyond a pay wall no matter how "mathematically possible" it is to get the card.

The problem this causes is that it turns a free2play into a pay2win, especially since season matchmaking still lumps weak decks in with strong ones.

Considering that TBT/Rookie Stars are the most powerful cards unobtainable by free players, and are also behind a paywall, indicates that this is the direction CD intends to go.

Subsequently, campaigning for CD to lower the RTTC point total would be going against their business philosophy, which, with the introduction of star tier, is to create further separation between the paying players from the free players in terms of quality of decks.

If they just fixed season matchmaking, this wouldn't be such an issue, but doing so would disincentivise spending.

So you can be damn sure your regular star pro deck is still going to get matched up against paid decks with big ben and rookie stars. Hey, maybe you'll buy a pack or gamenights so you can "compete"*!

*You'll never be able to consistently compete unless you are a whale, or employ well-known tricks to get easier season opponents, or win by "luck" because of nonsensical season scoring.

Last edited by CedricFP; 01-29-2016 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2016, 09:16 AM   #32
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricFP
As much as I like the idea of branched rewards for deck variety, let's face it, it's extra work for the same return, and therefore an unappealing business proposition.

And yes, for all intents and purposes, the final card is beyond a pay wall no matter how "mathematically possible" it is to get the card.

The problem this causes is that it turns a free2play into a pay2win, especially since season matchmaking still lumps weak decks in with strong ones.

Considering that TBT/Rookie Stars are the most powerful cards unobtainable by free players, and are also behind a paywall, indicates that this is the direction CD intends to go.

Subsequently, campaigning for CD to lower the RTTC point total would be going against their business philosophy, which, with the introduction of star tier, is to create further separation between the paying players from the free players in terms of quality of decks.

If they just fixed season matchmaking, this wouldn't be such an issue, but doing so would disincentivise spending.

So you can be damn sure your regular star pro deck is still going to get matched up against paid decks with big ben and rookie stars. Hey, maybe you'll buy a pack or gamenights so you can "compete"*!

*You'll never be able to consistently compete unless you are a whale, or employ well-known tricks to get easier season opponents, or win by "luck" because of nonsensical season scoring.

Yep exactly. This whole issue lead me down to suggesting revising the season matching logics as well, but I don't see CD doing it at all.

The thing is people who are complaining about the point totals as if CD does not know how hard is it for free players to finish. CD know EXACTLY what they are doing by raising the point totals, and it's definitely trying to align itself with its business philosophy, which is slowly becoming pay2win. Who's to say that they couldn't go from f2p to p2w if they becomes more profitable that way?

The only way you'd see drastic change going forward is they lose revenue, and for that to happen, paying players stop spending or that they start to lose a large portion of their users. Because the paying players' objective is to distinguish themselves by being better than the "weaklings", if the game starts to lose more and more "weaklings" it gives paying players less incentive to play. So yea, as a free player, your best bet is to start boycotting the game so CD feels the pressure to make changes, because as it stands now, there are still plenty of people who are willing to pay to get ahead.

This may be a radical approach to the issue, but it's the only effective approach I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »