Home

RTTC Points are too high

This is a discussion on RTTC Points are too high within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2016, 07:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: RTTC Points are too high

Between the 5 free game nights you start with and 5 from Tonight is Game Night Perk, and the 5 game nights that accumulate while asleep, its more like 8 hours of sleep over 3 days if you dont wake up to spend. I got 6-8 hours of sleep each night, but set my alarm to wake up every 2-3 hours to spend GN and I only had to spend $6 on credits for enough GN to finish. And that was google play credit I got from the google opinions app, lol
Old 01-31-2016, 07:58 PM   #34
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paton42
Between the 5 free game nights you start with and 5 from Tonight is Game Night Perk, and the 5 game nights that accumulate while asleep, its more like 8 hours of sleep over 3 days if you dont wake up to spend. I got 6-8 hours of sleep each night, but set my alarm to wake up every 2-3 hours to spend GN and I only had to spend $6 on credits for enough GN to finish. And that was google play credit I got from the google opinions app, lol
So even waking up every 2 to 3 hours, and assuming best case for every other scenario (you don't lose GN on bugged games / network errors, and you catch the game night recharge in time) you still ended up having to spend money.

Sounds about right. It's effectively a paywall.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:15 PM   #35
Rookie

I find spending $6-10 every two weeks on a game I enjoy perfectly reasonable, but thats just me. Way better than spending $100's on packs, and the card feels more earned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 PM   #36
Rookie

plotting's Arena

But if he woke up more than every 2-3 hours he wouldn't have had to spend money. I'm not saying it's practical but it CAN be done.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:29 PM   #37
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting
But if he woke up more than every 2-3 hours he wouldn't have had to spend money. I'm not saying it's practical but it CAN be done.
The issue was never about the technicality. A functional paywall is the same as a technical one.

Nobody said it couldn't be done. That's a strawman concocted in this thread for some bizarre reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paton42
I find spending $6-10 every two weeks on a game I enjoy perfectly reasonable, but thats just me. Way better than spending $100's on packs, and the card feels more earned.
I completely agree that 10 bucks a week for enjoyment is reasonable. However, that not the point of this thread, another extraneous argument brought into play as per what the OP outlined.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:34 PM   #38
Rookie

plotting's Arena

No one has been able to offer a good alternative from what I've seen so I'd love to see those ideas
Old 01-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #39
MVP

CedricFP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting
No one has been able to offer a good alternative from what I've seen so I'd love to see those ideas
I tend to agree. Lowering the point totals can only take you so far before we run into the complaints of leg tier.

But, as a (now-)free player who won't wake up every hour and harm my own personal health, it's certainly an alternative I wouldn't mind :P
Old 01-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #40
Rookie

plotting's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricFP
I tend to agree. Lowering the point totals can only take you so far before we run into the complaints of leg tier.

But, as a (now-)free player who won't wake up every hour and harm my own personal health, it's certainly an alternative I wouldn't mind :P
I don't think most free players would have even got Wallace anyways. The only thing I wouldn't be opposed to is lowering the overall point total by getting rid of the R and UR and MAYBE the 2 E cards for only Star++ RTTC decks but then making the last card EXTREMELY hard to get, talking you'd need 13 Star pros to get it. At the end of the day what does that solve? Nothing in the long term because eventually most players will have those cards

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »