Home

RTTC Points are too high

This is a discussion on RTTC Points are too high within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 AM   #41
MVP

Danab's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTC Points are too high

A great post and all in a all a very interesting debate.

For on once I disagree with you cdogg777. I don't find it abnormal that CD put the last card behind a paywall. This case is a little extreme. Maybe a little less points would be better to make more people actually attempt to get the last cards and eventually cash in.

But seriously We all know that this galm is a cash grab. At least here, you have a shot a guaranteed beast card. You all know I rant a lot at CD but here

I'm fine not being able to get the last card of the RttC it every week if that means not everyone will have the same deck in season etc.

What I find very ludicrous is the communication made by CD, "Free players can have the last cards". Well it's technically true but come on...
Also there is another way around it. We all have team. If like me you are lucky enough to have teammates from all around the world, then well you have a shot at co-operating to make the most of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #42
Rookie

I want to get the Leg, Star cards and get enough sleep without spending too much. I don't want to spend on the game and on the hospital bill afterwards.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:25 AM   #43
Rookie

people need to sleep minimum 8 hours per day so Cat Daddy should do rttc with less points
Old 02-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #44
MVP

cdogg777's Arena

I really feel like people aren't understanding the core problem. It's an inherit problem in most games, true, but it's very apparent to me in this game. Any game where the accumulation of things, more or less, determines you skill or worth. There should be a reason as to why you are accumulating these things. Other than just bragging rights. What reason do I have to consistently improve my lineup? Right now this game has 4 modes.

QG
RC
Season
RTTC

QG and RC are tier independent. You do not have to have a high lineup to compete. It helps in certain aspects(drafting at higher tier, or having the very best card in the game). But improving your lineup doesn't really make any difference for these 2 modes.

Season it does and doesn't. Once you are competing at a certain tier, they try and match you with similar strength decks. By that fact alone the stronger you make your deck, the more difficult your opponents. So it doesn't help you by making your season LU any stronger.(unless you stay in the top 1% deck strength)

RTTC. Up until the last card you could say that improving your LU significantly benefits you in those mode. This has been the most exciting event or mode for a long time. But once you hit a certain tier or deck level. You have no more incentive to improve. Once you can safely achieve the 2nd to last card in RTTC. I have no reason to improve my deck. Because it doesn't help me get the final card.

My suggestion here by saying RTTC points are too high is to say, maybe put the final card behind a DECK STRENGTH paywall, instead of a TIME/GAMENIGHT paywall. If you want to, make the final card impossible to get unless you have 25 star pros for all I care. As long as it's feasibly possible and gives me incentive to keep improving. I believe this still incentivizes people to spend money, just as much on packs, contracts, RP vs just gamenights.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #45
Rookie

It's not all about money. This game is inspired by the DEVIL so that you spent you're valuable money to a very useless thing instead of donating it to people who can't feed themselves or let's say the needy. Also it takes all your valuable time to not spent with your family or other important things for your life. In short it makes us all a useless human being by just tapping our phones for the rest of our lives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2016, 12:57 AM   #46
Rookie

lazypotato's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paton42
I find spending $6-10 every two weeks on a game I enjoy perfectly reasonable, but thats just me. Way better than spending $100's on packs, and the card feels more earned.

The idea of paying a few bucks for RTTC doesn't even hold up especially when considering we have lives. I'm not saying that it should be possible to get the RTTC card easily if you go partying for a full day, but what about school and work? Commiting to either of these things for 8 hours a day for 1-2 days of RTTC make the price to complete the event astronomically high. It's not pocket change, it's completely unreasonable. The deck strength paywall is the correct course or action. Even for the people who work hard during the week to afford the packs and create an unbeatable lineup, they have to spend even more to keep up with the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »