Home

Is anyone else bored?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else bored? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2016, 11:28 PM   #1
Rookie

story83's Arena

OVR: 0
Is anyone else bored?

My wife has repeatedly expressed surprise that I haven't lost interest in this game since I started during last year's playoffs. Unfortunately, that seems to have changed. I was starting to get bored before Star tier was released, but I held on. And the new tier was great for a little while. But now I'm hitting ceilings, and they're just too cumbersome.

Seasons have always felt like a drag for me, and this year they seem even worse. I have to energize fifteen players instead of ten, which means more quick game grinding. Additionally, it's hard to make any sort of strategy, as scoring is just odd. And now Star tier has reduced usable rewards to the top four teams. And that's just usable. To get a slightly better card is really tough. To get a slightly better than that card is incredibly difficult.

RC was never fun for me. Once I joined a team, I felt that I had to play in order to help my teammates. With Star tier, the usable cards are now even tougher and the good cards are too insane for me to care about.

RttC was always fun for me. Even when Star tier released and the points went through the roof, I enjoyed it. I also told myself that the high point totals meant that I'd have something to keep fighting for. But that was with the first Star RttC. This time I went for the second Allen card, and I got it. But in the process, I grew to despise the game. It turns out that I can easily +7 the final card, but just getting to that second Star card was such a drag time-wise, that I can't stomach the idea of getting that last card.

As it turns out, the only reason I enjoyed this game was for collecting new and better cards. I didn't have to have the best cards, but having something fresh was nice. But even though I play a lot, new and better cards are becoming less and less worth my time as they become harder and harder to come by.

So, without any meaningful new content, I've lost the will to play. I think I'll take a break for a while. Maybe I'll play a quick game here or there if I have nothing else to do.

An individual season mode would be awesome. Or maybe new events. Maybe shorter events that aren't such a phenomenal drag. Maybe any number of things would be nice. But as the game stands, I think these Star tier changes have finally killed the experience for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #2
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Re: Is anyone else bored?

They need some new features in this game to get more people engaged. Many people are worn out by events after years of grinding on weekends. Season mode is interesting but the disparity between paying players and non paying players is so great that many people don't have a realistic shot of winning.

To me, they could make the game way more engaging by tweaking some of the existing features and offer a new event mode that's more challenging but less time consuming.

Start with card catalog, you should get certain rewards for hitting card milestones, say 100 cards for a level up card, 1000 cards for wildcard, a special Manu card for finishing Spurs basic catalog.

Individual tier levels (and team tier levels) would make thing for interesting and make grinding more meaningful as well. It could be something as simple as winning 5 seasons at the highest level and 5 top 1000 RC finishes puts you at legendary tier (overall player tier, not deck strength tier) and you get certain reward for hitting the tier.

I am just spitballing during my early morning coffee here, but there are so many little things CD could do, but they rarely listens to the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Is anyone else bored?

Yes. Absolutely bored out my mind.

I started playing this game because it's a good time waster. There are moments in my life that require something to keep me busy for a few minutes to an hour at a time and so forth. These little games sometimes do the trick when nothing else is available.

Unfortunately, this game demands nearly 24 hours of attention if you want to seriously compete. The sheer mass of voulume required to mindlessly tap a screen is extremely insulting after a while. The soreness of looking down at my screen (when looking is actually required) and the fatigue to wrists, hands, fingers, etc. are too taxing for it to be worth it.

I'm also very disenchanted with the developer's arrogance when announcing new events and stupid cards as if we're supposed to be happy that we get to endure countless hours of unskilled and repetitive droning just to get a chance at winning them.

I play more casually than most people here but I would take the game a little more seriously if it was more rewarding and it was more fun rather than demanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »