Home

Dear CatDaddy

This is a discussion on Dear CatDaddy within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #73
Banned

supahotfire1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dear CatDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
This forum specifically has become an absolute stain on OS. Every month or so I need to come in here and ban 8-10 people because no one seems to understand that OS is not the 'Let's yell at CatDaddy' place.

NWGameDad is a developer, and will be treated like one on this site. The fact that you have to post a TOS link in here to understand that you can't attack people immaturely is as sad as it is unbelievable.
I agree, its very mature of you to call people "inhuman creatures" but maybe thats my influence on you
Old 02-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #74
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 02-25-2016, 03:34 PM   #75
Banned

Afiveshi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahotfire1
I agree, its very mature of you to call people "inhuman creatures" but maybe thats my influence on you
I agree! I resent this attack on my humanity and my hygiene, I am not an inhuman nor am i a stain!

Also NWGameDad called some of us stupid does he get a free pass? He said (I'm paraphrasing) 'I don't think all of you are stupid" implying that he thinks some of us are stupid.

I call for immediate action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 03:35 PM   #76
Banned

Afiveshi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Pick me! oh mighty mod pick me! I await your righteous wrath with trembling anticipation.

lol hey @NWGameDad sorry mate didn't know you'd run crying to the mods.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #77
Skybox Elite

vince217's Arena

I think the banhammer was a bit extreme on this one.

Moderators... Maybe you were not aware of what happened a couple of weeks ago during NBA all-star weekend. There was a bug in My2k16 that enabled players to get a ton of valuable cards for free for a short period of time. It was admittedly a small window of time, but it was enough to disrupt the whole economy of the game (auction house prices dropped due to a flood of powerful cards, events and seasons were imbalanced, etc). And what did CatDaddy (CD) do? NOTHING. There was no communication from them for almost 4 days after the incident. Nothing on OS, twitter, or any of the other places in which the CD devs / support are active. I believe there was just a single message reply to a person on Facebook (it wasnt even directed at everyone). Then, when CD did post a resolution, there was no apology at all. They basically blamed the players for exploiting the game, for a mistake that was totally CD's! So their solution was to take away the cards that players obtained during the bug. Here's the problem with that: Innocent peoples cards were taken away from them too. So for pretty much a week after the bug, almost the whole player base was affected, and up to now, I think there are still a few players that haven't had their cards taken away / given back.

This does not even cover several of the changes that CD have implemented in the game over the past few weeks and months.

So, maybe you have a better understanding on why alot of people are here to voice out their opinion.

I get that you have to ban people for rude behavior. But prior to the moderators coming here, it was a good discussion. Of course there will be differing viewpoints between users, this is a forum after all. But if we (users / players) cannot even voice our displeasure or disagreement to what CD does (or to other users), then what use is this forum? This is one of the few places on the internet where we can discuss this game, and be read by the CD devs that have an online presence here.

And the reason there are heated arguments... we are passionate about this game. If we didnt give a damn to what CD does, we would just be mindlessly tapping the game (as if we arent already doing so) and accepting whatever they do. Its not right. Can we leave the game (and this forum)? Of course! In case you haven't noticed, activity in this forum has steadily decreased. In fact, people are now talking about the alternative to My2K16 in the main My2k16 forum!

If thats what you want, to let people talk about leaving this forum and this game, then carry on. Otherwise, give users an opportunity to voice their opinions and be heard by CD.

Last edited by vince217; 02-26-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #78

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217
If thats what you want, to let people talk about leaving this forum and this game, then carry on. Otherwise, give users an opportunity to voice their opinions and be heard by CD.

We are aware of the issue that occurred as well as past issues.

If we didn't want to give the community a medium to voice there concerns this thread would have been locked.

And as an FYI, the "moderator" that has been the most prevalent in this thread is not a moderator but the site administrator.

The bans that have been handed out were not and will never be because someone is being critical. It just has be done so appropriately.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #79
Rookie

plotting's Arena

I think Vince was referring to the first moderator that posted, I also think Vince is just pointing out the fact that there are issues in almost every thread but this 1 that was fairly on topic is singled out. I called a guy out for saying we are all crying, he apologized and we all moved on. From a lot of members perspectives there was no need for anything else to be said.

I think the biggest issue from most members is it seems hypocritical when member x can break TOS left and right in another thread and nothing is done but then someone voices their opinion (not referring to the 2 people you banned) and there is some banter back and forth among members and someone comes in giving everyone a warning which has now turned what was constructive thread into this.

I've been an Admin/Super Mod/Mod on countless forums and I realize you guys have the unenviable task of always having to play the bad guy and at times it's not fun but from what I've seen in here is every time a mod comes in with a warning it never turns out well. I don't want to tell you that you should do this or that but maybe just take a look at the responses that happen when you post in a thread versus when it's taken care of in PM and decide which is more effective.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #80

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting
I think Vince was referring to the first moderator that posted, I also think Vince is just pointing out the fact that there are issues in almost every thread but this 1 that was fairly on topic is singled out. I called a guy out for saying we are all crying, he apologized and we all moved on. From a lot of members perspectives there was no need for anything else to be said.

I think the biggest issue from most members is it seems hypocritical when member x can break TOS left and right in another thread and nothing is done but then someone voices their opinion (not referring to the 2 people you banned) and there is some banter back and forth among members and someone comes in giving everyone a warning which has now turned what was constructive thread into this.

I've been an Admin/Super Mod/Mod on countless forums and I realize you guys have the unenviable task of always having to play the bad guy and at times it's not fun but from what I've seen in here is every time a mod comes in with a warning it never turns out well. I don't want to tell you that you should do this or that but maybe just take a look at the responses that happen when you post in a thread versus when it's taken care of in PM and decide which is more effective.
We do plenty of moderating via PM and I'm well aware of it's effectiveness. I appreciate your candor but as a moderator/admin yourself you, more than most, should understand that sometimes public warnings for all to see are necessary. This subforum in and of itself is a massive undertaking.

We rely on reported posts from all of those "other threads" and reported posts aren't something we get much in here.

Also, as a moderator/admin yourself, you can understand that this thread is here for criticism of the game, it is not here for criticism of the moderation of the site. It is you who should take your concerns about moderation to PM's to whomever you see fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »