Home

Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it?

This is a discussion on Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 12:09 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Only top 100 get rc card. Love it or hate it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting
Never truly played 1 RC cause just looking at the amount of time/RP for the reward made it worthless to me
And that's pretty much where i have been at. Mainly only grinded previous RCs to help my team try and get Good Agent

IGN: CMart
MVP: Rookie Legendary Michael Jordan
QG Tier: Playoff++
Team: Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #26
Pro

eastfreestyler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Sorry for what will be a lengthy post but here's the thing lost to everyone here. Everyone keeps saying it's going to hurt the free players and making absurd comparisons on how it will be impossible for free players to compete. Let me dispel a few myths, 80-90% of the regulars on this forum aren't free players, maybe they don't spend money at the same rate as some of the consistent top players or even more than $5 ever but I can almost guarantee most people on here have bought a pack/GN or 2, since I've played a lot of you in QG/Seasons with multiple RS/AS/HOF at the start of a tier or played on a team with you. The other 10-20% that are free either never grind for top RC cards or employ the whatever you want to call it to get RP from other sources/botting to compete in that RC.
In my case I have to disagree, I run team that constantly compete on RC, majority of players that joined are free players. Many just started out, I see evolution of their deck throughout many Rivals clashes. I bet that's the same case with many other teams out there. I'm not a free player myself but I do see their personal achievement trying to stay as a free player when the game itself gradually becoming pay to win. Many of the top players from last year and regular here retired seeing the direction CD is going. Last year you can be elite top players (full POTG and RC deck) while maintaining free player status, it's NOT possible this year. While it's true you don't have to get the best card in game, but it's our human nature that makes us want to get the best available.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM   #27
Rookie

albwrong's Arena

Well what is really messed about this is the fact that conversion rates are so bad for credits to RP. If I wanted to spend, it would take 4 times as much as it did last year.

Spending 19.99 for 2500 credits would only get 25000RP (100 credits = 1000RP) which is just enough for 75 pack of Hot streaks. So using real money doesn't make any sense.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #28
Rookie

i use the events only to complete daily goals...BTC has replaced QG for me and seasons are a dud...i'm unsure why i still play lol
Old 04-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #29
Rookie

lazypotato's Arena

Quote:
Sorry for what will be a lengthy post but here's the thing lost to everyone here. Everyone keeps saying it's going to hurt the free players and making absurd comparisons on how it will be impossible for free players to compete. Let me dispel a few myths, 80-90% of the regulars on this forum aren't free players, maybe they don't spend money at the same rate as some of the consistent top players or even more than $5 ever but I can almost guarantee most people on here have bought a pack/GN or 2, since I've played a lot of you in QG/Seasons with multiple RS/AS/HOF at the start of a tier or played on a team with you. The other 10-20% that are free either never grind for top RC cards or employ the whatever you want to call it to get RP from other sources/botting to compete in that RC.

As it stood before it was pretty difficult to get a top 500 finish without spending a good chunk of RP and those that did finish high spending less than 50k RP obviously don't have jobs Thur-Sun or families and for the most part won't be affected as much by this. All these players mentioned make up maybe about 2000-3000 of the 30,000 or so "active" players (score 1 point in RC and you'll finish around 30k)

So now it brings me to the truly free players, the casual ones that play for fun, not sheer addiction like us, play a BTC and you'll see them with 1000 games and all E or below cards. They are the truly free players and this 100% does not affect them and although they aren't the money drivers for CD they actually are the majority despite some's thoughts on here that we are.

So now let me circle back around to a summary. This sucks really bad for the people that consistently finish ~80-600 cause they need to choose to spend more RP or not grind for the RC card but overall I think this is good, a few people touched on how WC ruined the game and at first I thought no (I love WC and probably wouldn't play without them) but they're right, regular cards in any tier are useless once you get enough to finish RTTC. I'm sure people are mad and are going to say it's dumb it's going to a pay2win format but really it's not. You absolutely do not need the best cards to play this game, only 2 game modes actually involves h2h (BTC and seasons) and you can win BTC without the best LU and if they tweak matchmaking in seasons to give a point total for regular vs. vs. AS vs. RS vs. TBT/Rookie vs. Event like they implemented in loyalty rewards you would have absolutely no issue there but even as it's structured now free players can still win seasons if they play it correctly.
I guess I may be in the minority, but I'm exactly the type of guy you talk about. I start playing RC Friday evening and get every RC card without hotstreaks. I'm a free player and have only gotten the second to last card in RTTC since star came out once.

I just don't understand why they feel it is okay to single out free players like me who have to go to school, even if I'm willing to devote an entire weekend and even hotstreak a bit.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypotato
I guess I may be in the minority, but I'm exactly the type of guy you talk about. I start playing RC Friday evening and get every RC card without hotstreaks. I'm a free player and have only gotten the second to last card in RTTC since star came out once.

I just don't understand why they feel it is okay to single out free players like me who have to go to school, even if I'm willing to devote an entire weekend and even hotstreak a bit.
Getting a RC card without hot streaks is dedication. I don't even have enough time to get one with hot streaks lol
Old 04-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #31
Rookie

plotting's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfreestyler
In my case I have to disagree, I run team that constantly compete on RC, majority of players that joined are free players. Many just started out, I see evolution of their deck throughout many Rivals clashes. I bet that's the same case with many other teams out there. I'm not a free player myself but I do see their personal achievement trying to stay as a free player when the game itself gradually becoming pay to win. Many of the top players from last year and regular here retired seeing the direction CD is going. Last year you can be elite top players (full POTG and RC deck) while maintaining free player status, it's NOT possible this year. While it's true you don't have to get the best card in game, but it's our human nature that makes us want to get the best available.
While I completely agree to the fact it's our human nature to have the best of the best cards I have to disagree with most of everything else you said. I played a RTTC on your team and I think about 1/2 of the players bought packs and almost everyone else has a farm account for RP, again nothing wrong with that just saying we don't represent the majority of players is all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypotato

You're the extreme case but if you did it before then I would think 2 big HS packs would get you there now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #32
Pro

eastfreestyler's Arena

Quote:
While I completely agree to the fact it's our human nature to have the best of the best cards I have to disagree with most of everything else you said. I played a RTTC on your team and I think about 1/2 of the players bought packs and almost everyone else has a farm account for RP, again nothing wrong with that just saying we don't represent the majority of players is all
I know the title is vague but I'm sure OP wanted to know how those who participated on Rivals clashes especially star tier (top 500) feel about the new structure. To put it bluntly, those who participated wouldn't be to pleased with the new format. Those who doesn't play Rivals clash or think that it's worth the grind wouldn't care much. Rivals clash give rewards for those who grinds which majority of em are free players. In this context players like lazypotato are majority, there are many grinders like him out there. If you look at RC leaderboard now, you can see how teams do not like the new format by their slogan. The degree of difficulty of Rivals clash and RTTC is night and day, you can tell by the amount of people who have RTTC cards vs Rivals clash cards. Making RC harder now and leaving RTTC the same is pretty obvious move to me. Like I mentioned before, I wouldn't mind at all if top 100 was done from the very beginning.

As for my team, I know my officers are spenders but unfortunately 1 RTTC event on our reserve team doesn't show all the previous Rival clashes that we played and constantly in top 10 since the beginning (leg tier). The members that joined the grind and no longer around are free players. They spend time to play Rivals clash and not so much completing RTTC (hence I always mentioned on our recruitment thread not to worry for RTTC since the officers got that covered)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »