Home

Where are the WILDS

This is a discussion on Where are the WILDS within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2016, 06:51 PM   #9
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Where are the WILDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDavison
Progress is going to be much, much slower in this game. Gonna have to rely on your own two hands to progress through tapping endlessly, instead of those witch magic wc. Pros are gonna be much harder to come by. It will feel a lot more like 2k15. Makes for a better game in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or you could drop $100's on the game and have a huge advantage over anyone who can't pay to win. This move has essentially made P2W the only means of being a top player.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:22 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
Or you could drop $100's on the game and have a huge advantage over anyone who can't pay to win. This move has essentially made P2W the only means of being a top player.
Taking away wild cards actually negatively impacts paid players more than free players. With Wild Cards, $100 and a little luck, a paid player could get 4-5 pros of the highest tier. Now without wild cards? $100 will probably get you some nice singles that will never be proed.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:36 PM   #11
Pro

MrDavison's Arena

Where are the WILDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos

I don't think there's any way you can be a top player in this game without spending. Especially this year when it comes to events, you're going to need to get rp from card sales, which cost money to initiate. Daily goals and quick selling will not get you enough rp to compete/complete. When the two currency system came out last year, it definitely widened the chasm between free and paid players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QG Tier: IC++
Champions Tier: IC
Top 25 Tier: IC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 AM   #12
Rookie

lazypotato's Arena

I'm okay with slowing down progress with no wilds this time around, but coming up with 3 of the same card from resets after they killed the auction house is a bit ridiculous.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #13
Pro

Game I play now requires 8 for some or 16 for others of the same card to unlock the card's full potential. I guess it's really a preference to how easy you want it.

I hated last year's app. Every core player was in the top tier within 2-3 weeks of release and stayed there for the entire year.

Also, let's not act like we were all spending tons of rp on AH cards. Most sold a card and took the earnings and sunk it all into extra packs. That's why when every new tier came out, the highest tier card value plummeted quickly until it hit the believed average cost of a wild card from extra packs. I think the lost rp from not selling on AH and rp saved from not chasing wild cards is pretty even for most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Elite1216; 09-12-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:12 AM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite1216
Game I play now requires 8 for some or 16 for others of the same card to unlock the card's full potential. I guess it's really a preference to how easy you want it.

I hated last year's app. Every core player was in the top tier within 2-3 weeks of release and stayed there for the entire year.

Also, let's not act like we were all spending tons of rp on AH cards. Most sold a card and took the earnings and sunk it all into extra packs. That's why when every new tier came out, the highest tier card value plummeted quickly until it hit the believed average cost of a wild card from extra packs. I think the lost rp from not selling on AH and rp saved from not chasing wild cards is pretty even for most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Really hoping they get rid of the credit cost to list auctions in the Auction House. Creating auctions probably accounted for 30% of my RP bank in my2K16.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasenger57
Really hoping they get rid of the credit cost to list auctions in the Auction House. Creating auctions probably accounted for 30% of my RP bank in my2K16.
Yeah. I'm not a fan of it either. Wrong way to go about fixing the demand problem imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #16
Just started!

Where are the WILDS

oh ok I should have been more clear--EB and Babbages will have the game on Wednesday

Games are not released on a WEDNESDAY

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »