Home

What happened to following for this game?

This is a discussion on What happened to following for this game? within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #25
Rookie

Bisdaddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to following for this game?

I quit playing 2016 because the grind was killing me and thought I'd see how 2017 is... Seriously paying to auction off cards??? The auction house is now a barren wasteland of overpriced cards. Worst idea ever (not that the devs care)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 10:11 AM   #26
Rookie

I think it has actually done a good job of slowing the game down. I had a full roster of leg pros last year at this time. I only have 5 and that is with extensive grinding. I don't know that paywalling the AH was the best method of achieving that outcome, but the outcome itself is desirable in my opinion. Last year every card you didn't use went to the AH. Which resulted in depressed prices and very quick progression. Now you actually have to think about whether or not its worth putting a card on the AH. My only issue is that the 200 card limit needs to be changed with this move as you hold onto more cards longer.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:05 PM   #27
Pro

Quick question about the game. If I have a veteran contract and I have 3 of the same card and one of them is a foil card will it make a pro out of it and if so is it a foil pro?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #28
Pro

MrDavison's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb01
Quick question about the game. If I have a veteran contract and I have 3 of the same card and one of them is a foil card will it make a pro out of it and if so is it a foil pro?

As long as it is the trained one in the middle

QG Tier: IC++
Champions Tier: IC
Top 25 Tier: IC
Old 10-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDavison
As long as it is the trained one in the middle
Thank you for that answer.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #30
Rookie

chastepuppet's Arena

The game really has become pay-to-play if you want to be near top tier.

Events completely shut out free players because 1) you'll need RP for hot streaks, which if you aren't listing cards on the AH you have very little of and 2) if you want to pro an event card you need a star contract. I realize that the KAT legendary from the upcoming RTTC will drop from regular boards and can be pro'ed that way, but Event cards will not have that option.

Last year I spent money on the game and for a while grinded a ton. This year MoneyGrubbingWhoreDaddy has turned me off from spending a dime and I'll just settle for the satisfaction of getting to legend for free and not worry about wasting time on events or winning seasons.

I would have thought they made enough money off packs—I see tons of people with cards they bought—that they wouldn't feel the need to nickel and dime us through the AH, especially considering this is a companion app for a game that costs $60. I personally think the removal of WCs was enough to improve the economy. Also, MAYBE if it was clear their development costs went up that would excuse these greedy tactics. But this game is a clone of last year's game. And last year, for players on new teams they at least used placeholders (I specifically remember Greg Monroe having a picture of him in a Bucks uniform before he'd ever played a game for them). Now they can't even be bothered to do that. I love having half of my QG lineup fuking blank.

Last edited by chastepuppet; 10-06-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #31
Rookie

I am a player since 2k14 and i find it just terrible that they now ask money for putting cards on the AH. They wont get a dime frome me!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G361F met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #32
Rookie

I like the ah paywall. It has driven up the rp economy by lowering the supply of cards. I only post ur pros, epics, and legs to sell. 4.99 for 20 ah posts is not bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »