Home

MyNBA2K18

This is a discussion on MyNBA2K18 within the NBA 2K Mobile forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
Pro

MrDavison's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyNBA2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMeagle

Zingus! Knick fans must be ecstatic!

Console version drops 9/15, so we're only a few weeks away!
We are ecstatic that you show signs of life. Where have you been?

QG Tier: IC++
Champions Tier: IC
Top 25 Tier: IC
Old 08-29-2017, 02:17 PM   #10
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Hopefully it'll be slightly less grind-heavy than the last few iterations but if it is, luckily, I work from home now and can RTTC my thumbs to the bone. Lol. I'm also looking to join a group this year. I grouped up with some randoms last year and ended up being the only active guy.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #11
Banned

I remember when this app was fun to play but that was 3 years ago. Now only good for quick VC grabs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDavison
We are ecstatic that you show signs of life. Where have you been?
Just chilling with real life happenings, while also playing other grind-heavy RPG-type mobile games that are more engaging along with not having to tap like a madman to win.

Looks like I quit right before the Bucks Playoff RTTC with Kareem and Oscar. I played enough to finally get the Foil Base Giannis in the International themed RotC. Finally, I gave up playing even moderately when I passed up on the Dream Team RttC with MJ. For the most part, just been logging in 5-15 minutes a day for the free VC so my nephews can open packs or whatever else you use VC for in the console game.

I'll definitely take a look at my18, and will do the VC grind if it still exists. Per internet rumors, CoolHaus may take over as the lead developer with CatDaddy possibly still in the fold, so hopefully it will be an entirely revamped game. 17 had so many bugs even as a rehash of 16, but bringing in new people who are unfamiliar with all of the code programming will do that to a game. Hopefully the time not fixing all of the 17 bugs is a sign that there were spending good time and effort on 18!

We'll see if Danan moving on from CD is a sign of things to come (since his moving to other projects seems to explain a few things in the past). He was definitely a great community presence that enhanced the game's experience, ala Ronnie2k with the console game. It takes a special kind of person to not only to do the job well but also handle the random flaming from trolls on social media and other internet sources. Hopefully someone like that steps up and helps with the my2k18... since it may actually help them with their bottom-line $$$ that should attract and retain more players.

Wow, the OS feed says I was away for almost four months... and it shows in this long rant! It was definitely a refreshing experience to step away from the boards, along with saving my knuckles from not tapping in the game as much! I'll still be around moving forward on OS if my18 is worth a darn, but not sure how much I will contribute to the boards as I'll be a super casual player... even if the game is totally new.

We'll shouldn't have to wait too long for the app's release in September! Now to see if any of the myNBA twitter feeds have any teaser news pre-launch...
Old 08-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #13
Rookie

I'll see what this is all about this year, but if it's like last year, then it will be a pass.

I quit not very long into it last year, but I'm hoping it will be good!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:43 PM   #14
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

It's dropping next week on 9/07! What a crazy surprise!!!

Looks like it's a new background graphic this year... so that's a promising start! Not gonna deep dive on speculation on everything else as compared to the my2k17 promo cards lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kristaps.jpg (126.3 KB, 135 views)
Old 08-31-2017, 05:25 PM   #15
Pro

waterloo24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMeagle

It's dropping next week on 9/07! What a crazy surprise!!!

Looks like it's a new background graphic this year... so that's a promising start! Not gonna deep dive on speculation on everything else as compared to the my2k17 promo cards lol.

Welcome back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLICK BELOW FOR:

MY 2K15 GOOD TRANSACTION LIST
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 06:27 PM   #16
Pro

CAMeagle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloo24
Welcome back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's take the wait-and-see approach lol

I'm pretty sure I'm over the tap-2-win phase of gaming where I can half-pay attention and watch a bunch of shows/movies, so only if it's really fun but not-too-engaging (where I need to put serious time away to really pay attention to what I'm doing in the game ala console sports game). Found a different RPG game where I just need to set the line-up, do some micromanaging of attributes and gear, and then auto-grind... tough to beat that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Mobile »