Home

NBA 2K12 PC Modding (Links to Mods)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 PC Modding (Links to Mods) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #577
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA 2K12 PC Modding (Links to Mods)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Playing this on a laptop under $1,000 to its max it's really hard. Try to find a laptop with 6 GB or more RAM, around a 2.4 GHz or more processor, with at least a 500 GB HardDrive. That being said, it would be hard to play NBA 2K on a laptop to the max under 1,000, but I'm sure there's something that will not explode for that price to run at max capacity. I recommend a gaming PC, but if you want a laptop, go right ahead.
I can max it at 60fps on my Dell XPS 17 that I bought last year. I paid $1500 Australian at the time so you could probably find it much cheaper in the US these days. I think the model has been discontinued but surely some places will have old stock?

It has an i7 processor at 2.2ghz overclockable up to 3.2, 8 gig of ram and an Nvidia GT555m card. If you can find similar specs then you should have no problem maxing the game. These are far from high end laptop specs in 2012.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #578
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomant94
I'm trying to find a laptop that is capable of playing this game to its full capabilities, anyone got any suggestions? (Trying to find a laptop under $1,000)
I bought a gateway nv75507h for $569 at future shop in Canada. 17inch monitor AMD quad core processor and AMD Radeon HD6520G 7470M with 1 GB dedicated vram. In the video settings i have all the settings maxed out with no hiccups. Looks nicer than on my xbox 360.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #579
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can someone help me. My laptop is pretty good. When I play the game it runs smooth from time to time which gives me hope that it can be better. Its almost perfect but im not even running everything on high. I would just like tips on what some of you guys did. I heard it could be one of the mods. I downloaded that BIG roster could it be that? Sorry i dont remember the name of it.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #580
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

When did the mods come out for 2K12? I'm trying to gauge when will we get some mods for 2K13.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #581
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
When did the mods come out for 2K12? I'm trying to gauge when will we get some mods for 2K13.
Pretty much right away and in full swing within the first month. Even with 2K13 there is already an early Celtics away jersey mod over at NLSC. As more modders get the game, the mods will start flowing.

The fact that the DD has been delayed coupled with the fact that more people are having a harder time finding a retail copy this year (there are less and less stocked in stores with each iteration it seems and a lot of modders are overseas to boot, which I would imagine makes the delay of DD even more impactful), means you might have to wait a bit longer with 2K13 before things really get going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #582
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Pretty much right away and in full swing within the first month. Even with 2K13 there is already an early Celtics away jersey mod over at NLSC. As more modders get the game, the mods will start flowing.

The fact that the DD has been delayed coupled with the fact that more people are having a harder time finding a retail copy this year (there are less and less stocked in stores with each iteration it seems and a lot of modders are overseas to boot, which I would imagine makes the delay of DD even more impactful), means you might have to wait a bit longer with 2K13 before things really get going.
Thank you sir!

Are you guys still getting the PC version even without MyTeam?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 10

There already seems to be a TNT scoreboard for 2k13
Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #584
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yep, the scoreboard mods from last year work w/ 2k13