Home

2K12 Freezes Immediately After Tipoff

This is a discussion on 2K12 Freezes Immediately After Tipoff within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K12 Freezes Immediately After Tipoff

I bought 2K12 on Steam yesterday and I've been having a lot of freezing/crashing issues. I updated my drivers and my specs are:

Core i5 2500K
Nvidia Geforce 560Ti 1GB
4GB RAM

I turned AA off as I figured that might be the culprit, but it still freezes immediately after tip off in a quick game.

It also freezes in other areas, but I can't remember which ones except for when the two team's logos 'clash' before a game.

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2K12 Freezes Immediately After Tipoff

Well this is very frustrating. It just freezed during training camp. I've already deleted and reinstalled from Steam as well as verified the integrity of my game cache.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #3
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Yep I'm having similar issues except I can't even get into the game. It crashes immediately upon start up. Which is infuriating because it was working for me yesterday. Something has changed in my system and I have no idea what or how to fix it. All of the suggestions I've found online don't work.

Redownloading from Steam now. In 4 hours I'll be able to try again. Its enough to make me want to give up and buy the 360 version.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
Rookie

I noticed in that other thread that you mentioned you have an nVidia card. Wonder if that's the issue?

I'm not trying to brag but my system is no slouch, so it should have zero issue running this game.

Navigating the menus I've never had it crash, creating My2K Player never crashed, but anything involving actually playing basketball just flat out freezes. Doesn't even go to a black screen, it just locks up at a certain point. The strange thing is, the audio keeps playing. Music will keep playing (either the background music in training camp mode or the stadium music), but the commentary stops.

Very strange and frustrating.

Did you get your version from Steam? Wondering if it's specific to that version, as I noticed people in the Steam forums talking about similar issues.

Is there anyone we can contact at 2K about this?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #5
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Yeah mine is from Steam. Its just wierd because I was playing yesterday and had no issues at all. Something has changed and 2K12 doesn't like it!!

Nvidia card could very well be the issue. When I first booted up the game yesterday it didn't even recognise the card and was trying to play using the intergrated graphics chip. It was a dead give away when I noticed I was getting 10fps. Once I used the Nvidia control panel to force the game to use my card I was getting 100 fps in the benchmark.

I've browsed the 2K forums and there really isn't anybody complaining of the same issue. I'm reinstalling all of my drivers and the game. If that doesn't work I'll be at my wits end. I would hate to have wasted $49.99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
Rookie

Let me know how it goes for you.. I updated my drivers and reinstalled, as I said, but if it fixed it for you maybe I'll try it one more time.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

I downloaded a couple of other games last night (Crysis Warhead and Rainbow Six Vegas) so maybe the installation of those has messed something up.

I'm quite new to PC gaming and so far it's been pretty frustrating. It feels like every second game requires me to spend ages scouring forums to get them to work!

It will be hours before my redownload of 2K12 finishes but I'll let you know if I have any joy.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

I've reinstalled my drivers and reinstalled the game. No joy, still crashes immediately.

I'm not holding my breath for an official response from 2K, hopefully somebody smarter than me figures it out and posts a fix.

This is absolutely infuriating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »