Home

Trials and Tribulations (Anyone find a hard copy in Canada)

This is a discussion on Trials and Tribulations (Anyone find a hard copy in Canada) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Trials and Tribulations (Anyone find a hard copy in Canada)

My Journey began a few days after launch. I decided Future Shop would be the best bet because they had 2k11 last year and figured they would have 2k12. Well, that wasnt the case. I talked to an employee and he said they werent getting any in and recommended their website. So I tried their website, "Only available in store"

With no luck in store, or their online store. I went ahead and called nearly (if not) EVERY video game store in the city. No one carried it. One of them even dared to tell me, "It wasnt released on PC"

So Amazon came next. They had an offer to download the game for something like 20 bucks. Sweet!!! "Downloads only available to American residents"

So I checked for the hard copy on Amazon. They had the game! It was very excited knowing in a few short days the game will be mine, ALL mine. One week later (today) I was feeling impatient, so I went online to see how much longer I would have to wait. I was greeted with this message. "Will ship between Sept Oct 18-Nov 21"

That was the last straw. Went to Steam, currently downloading it as we speak. Lesson learned: Always go to Steam FIRST

Im just curious, were any Canadian able to find this game in stores?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Trials and Tribulations (Anyone find a hard copy in Canada)

Took 3 days for me after the release date to get my hands on NBA 2K12 PC version Hard Copy! It was a mission I tell ya, I went on the gamestop.ca website on the day it was released and discovered there was a midnight release for it on all platforms including PC and other games. So before I went, I called the closest gamestop near my house that was holding the midnight release event, they told me they didn't have any copies...

So I tried the other gamestops in downtown Toronto, I was willing to drive from Mississauga just to get it that night, but the two stores there didn't have the PC version! I was pissed off since on the website it clearly advertised that the PC version was going to be released that night too! So after a night's sleep, I went on the gamestop.ca website once again to see if there were any stores that had stocks of the PC version. And they did! But not really, the ppl at the various gamestops all told me they were already pre-ordered by someone else.

So my next option was to check the Futureshop/Best Buy/Wal-Mart websites. The only store that carried the PC version was Futureshop. But the catch was that you had to order it online since they didn't have any in the store. So I immediately ordered it online and waited patiently for it to arrive to my house. I was tracking it on the Canada Post website and it said it would be delivered on the same week Thursday. So I waited, and waited and nothing came!! I called Canada Post and asked where was my package and they said they don't know...I was really pissed off cause I wanted to play it during Thanksgiving Long Weekend. Then it arrived in the mail on Friday!

But if you look now on Futureshop.ca, the PC game is out of stock so you can't order it online there. Your best bet is to look on the gamestop.ca website and see if they have any in stock around your area, otherwise you would have to order it online there and wait for it to come to your house.

For next year, I'm going to pre-order it on gamestop.ca so I get the game on release date. You have to pay an extra $5 but you will get it when you pick it up at the store.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Trials and Tribulations (Anyone find a hard copy in Canada)

Or you could just realize there are other companies that carry it on PC hard copy and Best Buy.com has had it from Day 1, along with Amazon, Newegg, and a bunch of other locations.

Gamestop isn't the only way to get games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »