Home

Official PC Patch?

This is a discussion on Official PC Patch? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official PC Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Other games = Fifa 12 too. Patches for fifa come out roughly the same time and it's a sports game across all platforms...
Does not change the point I attempted to make.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Rookie

football_dynasties's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdicalSon44
One example does not qualify "Other games."

Plenty of developers have done the same, year after year with franchise after franchise...Hell, we get patches to take portions of our game out. PC support has been the same for the better part of the last ten years, EA, Ubisoft, Activision...It doesn't matter, all of them in one way or another screwed us over, some even released "patches" that broke the game.
I remember my roommate getting having that issue with Black Ops last year.

There's a thread on here where someone posted the first month or week's sales for 2k. It went like this:

NBA 2K12 (X360) - 311,142
NBA 2K12 (PS3) - 246,912
NBA 2K12 (PSP) - 15,224
NBA 2K12 (PC) - 10,795

With such lopsided sales figures, we're lucky that even bother to release it on the PC. Heck, I can remember at least each of the last two years reading that 2k has considered cancelling the series as a whole due to the lack of profitability. I share your frustration, but they have some decent reasons to neglect the PC version.

Last edited by football_dynasties; 12-15-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Rookie

Well, the "NBA 2k" series just got to the pc with it's 2008 title "NBA 2k9". So the roots of the series are within the console "market". With "The Elder Scrolls" it's the other way around and that's a reason why Bethesda has to make sure that all plattforms are "served" at the same time.

It does almost seem like 2k still isn't quite convinced that the PC version of the NBA 2k series is a thing to stay and just for this reason they sure should think hard about giving the PC version of the game a little bit more love in the future. Otherwise they'll just cause to ruin their prospects of making the pc communities grow in the future. If there would be any competition on the market then we probably would not have this problem, but there you go.

Muuuu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #12
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

how come the pc version sells so badly compared to the others actually? i mean its cheaper, we got the modding on pc, it doesnt require any highend system either, every average laptop selled nowadays can run the game on decent settings, the computer can just as a console be connected to your tv in order to play on a big screen and even the offical console controllers work with the pc as well... and yea i got an xbox too but still i bought the game for my pc..
Old 12-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
Rookie

For one reason is that console games are so much easier to find versus PC games, most places now such as Walmart carry only a handful of PC titles.

That and developers constantly develop on consoles and then port over which causes tons of issues that half the time are never fixed.

When you do any kind of game programming you are taught to develop on PC first and then port to consoles, from there you can scale the graphics down if needed, resolutions, remove things that the consoles maybe can't handle and all that.

Instead most developers do it completely backwards and PC gamers end up with a port that is filled with issues that were never fixed.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
how come the pc version sells so badly compared to the others actually? i mean its cheaper, we got the modding on pc, it doesnt require any highend system either, every average laptop selled nowadays can run the game on decent settings, the computer can just as a console be connected to your tv in order to play on a big screen and even the offical console controllers work with the pc as well... and yea i got an xbox too but still i bought the game for my pc..
I guess "true" video gamers use PS3/Xbox and nerds like us play games on PC lol. That's why sales are not so high for PC...

Personally I find playing games on the PC much more practical, you can use the PC for work, surf the internet, watch movies and play games, like an all-in-one bundle + our system is alot more powerful than the other consoles.

I guess PC gaming is for the much older crowd while Xbox/PS3 is for the younger audience which tend to buy more games and that's why 2K put more effort and focus more for this audience since there's alot more ppl who rely on Xbox/PS3 for their gaming pleasures.

BTW no news on a PC patch yet! LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »