Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_42
I can do that. What site have you been using for your stats/player info? I'd like to keep it consistent with what you've been doing.
Sweet! For that information I would either check Draftexpress.com, basketball-reference.com, or nba.com. I haven't checked that part of the sites' information to see if they update them, so you may have to look around a bit.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #122
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Playbooks determine offensive "pace" when it comes to passing and ball movement. Playbook customization has become a must-have for 2K12 based on the changes that were left out of the major gameplay patch. I think you'll be fine once you have multiple customized playbooks to distribute among the teams.
The playbooks do influence the pace, but the Offensive Tempo coaching slider and possibly the Offensive Awareness slider do as well. If you have a playbook with 100% "quick hit" plays and assign it to two teams, one with Offensive Tempo at 100 and the other at 0, they won't take the same amount of shots despite the plays being run at the same speed. Coaching Shot Location Tendencies, Player Take Shot Tendency and all Player Shot Location Tendencies also influence how quickly a player will take a shot.

I haven't tested enough to feel confident in this, but I think that the Offensive Tempo slider determines how likely a player is to feel "open" and consequently take a shot sooner than if they were "guarded" and the Offensive Awareness slider determines how easily the ball handler can find the open man.

I hope that all 3 platforms don't operate differently this year. In the past, and this year, I've heard that the PC is a port of the 360 version and therefore should operate the same. I assumed it was the same this year, but apparently the 360 and PS3 versions play differently after the patch (can't confirm since I don't have either) and it makes me wonder if the game functions the same under the hood on all 3 platforms. That would be the worst case scenario for communication between roster editors and I doubt it's the case, but I'm not sure.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tried to look through all the posts, but I couldn't tell, is the attached roster on the front page complete? Or still working on it. Thanks in advance
Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1

new set is AMAZING my friend ! previous sliders had many problems, mainly too high of FG% around the basket. im getting very realistic gameplay on your new set. thankyou and keep up the great work !
Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #125
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
The playbooks do influence the pace, but the Offensive Tempo coaching slider and possibly the Offensive Awareness slider do as well. If you have a playbook with 100% "quick hit" plays and assign it to two teams, one with Offensive Tempo at 100 and the other at 0, they won't take the same amount of shots despite the plays being run at the same speed. Coaching Shot Location Tendencies, Player Take Shot Tendency and all Player Shot Location Tendencies also influence how quickly a player will take a shot.

I haven't tested enough to feel confident in this, but I think that the Offensive Tempo slider determines how likely a player is to feel "open" and consequently take a shot sooner than if they were "guarded" and the Offensive Awareness slider determines how easily the ball handler can find the open man.

I hope that all 3 platforms don't operate differently this year. In the past, and this year, I've heard that the PC is a port of the 360 version and therefore should operate the same. I assumed it was the same this year, but apparently the 360 and PS3 versions play differently after the patch (can't confirm since I don't have either) and it makes me wonder if the game functions the same under the hood on all 3 platforms. That would be the worst case scenario for communication between roster editors and I doubt it's the case, but I'm not sure.
I've seen Offensive Tempo affect how quickly passes are made but only in Freelance situations. Otherwise, it impacts how quickly shots are taken but does not override the set up passing and dribbling of a Set Play. Set Plays are the same regardless of coach profiles and that's why the custom playbooks are a necessity. Your example of giving a playbook with 100% quick hit plays to a team with Offensive Tempo at 0 would never make real world sense and that's kind of my point. You would give such a playbook to a team with a high Tempo and vice-versa for low Tempo teams. Since most of the game is played out using set plays, the playbook becomes the most important aspect of 2K12 for non-user controlled teams.

Matching the Offensive Tempo slider to teams and coaches actual historical tempo still makes the most sense to me. The only confusion revolves around the vague and often misleading descriptions given to a lot of attributes, sliders, and settings within the game. It would be great if they could provide a list of every area that each slider/setting impacts but I doubt we'll ever get that kind of insight into our sports games since everyone wants to protect their IP.

I also doubt that the 360/PS3 versions are different, but the PC version will be different until the patch comes out. Where did the concept of a different 360/PS3 version come from? That kind of mistake wouldn't be so easily overlooked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I've seen Offensive Tempo affect how quickly passes are made but only in Freelance situations. Otherwise, it impacts how quickly shots are taken but does not override the set up passing and dribbling of a Set Play. Set Plays are the same regardless of coach profiles and that's why the custom playbooks are a necessity. Your example of giving a playbook with 100% quick hit plays to a team with Offensive Tempo at 0 would never make real world sense and that's kind of my point. You would give such a playbook to a team with a high Tempo and vice-versa for low Tempo teams. Since most of the game is played out using set plays, the playbook becomes the most important aspect of 2K12 for non-user controlled teams.

Matching the Offensive Tempo slider to teams and coaches actual historical tempo still makes the most sense to me. The only confusion revolves around the vague and often misleading descriptions given to a lot of attributes, sliders, and settings within the game. It would be great if they could provide a list of every area that each slider/setting impacts but I doubt we'll ever get that kind of insight into our sports games since everyone wants to protect their IP.

I also doubt that the 360/PS3 versions are different, but the PC version will be different until the patch comes out. Where did the concept of a different 360/PS3 version come from? That kind of mistake wouldn't be so easily overlooked.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=528250

I haven't checked it out since it was only about 15-20 posts long, but now I think it's around 100 or so posts. When I checked it out, as the title implies, people were having different experiences between the two consoles post-patch. Not sure if this was a placebo or something else, but if there are differences in gameplay, wouldn't it imply that the two games are actually different? If the games were the same, with the same settings, sliders, rosters, and patch, shouldn't they give similar, if not nearly identical, results?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #127
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech99
new set is AMAZING my friend ! previous sliders had many problems, mainly too high of FG% around the basket. im getting very realistic gameplay on your new set. thankyou and keep up the great work !
I noticed a few problems with first set as well, especially after I was able to get some practice time in instead of just editing and watching CPU games. Hopefully these work for a while. I'm glad you enjoy them! I'm surprised no one has frowned upon not being able to finish at the rim every time. I couldn't stand that.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just played with Suns vs. PTB. There default Off Tempo is at 14. I changed it to 100 in the course of the game to see differences. First i noticed the CPU game changed from half-court to more run'n'gun. They tried to use every opportunity to run the break or shoot in transition. After set play for shooter, he shoot it right after he catches the ball without thinking. L.A. also shoot much more 2pt jumpers..
my english far from perfect, but i hope it's more or less clear

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »