Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #129
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

2 Questions:

1. Fastbreaks are too easy for both teams - any suggestions on how to improve that with this roster/slider set. As we all know, players take their time getting back, so I try to manually control a player to jam the ball carrier.

2. Do you have recommended slider settings for real shooting % off?

thanks
randomocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #130
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomocity
2 Questions:

1. Fastbreaks are too easy for both teams - any suggestions on how to improve that with this roster/slider set. As we all know, players take their time getting back, so I try to manually control a player to jam the ball carrier.

2. Do you have recommended slider settings for real shooting % off?

thanks
1. Try the raising the hustle slider to make defensive players get back faster or the play passing lanes slider to make the defensive player try to deflect the passes. What kind of stats are you getting and with what teams?

2. I haven't experimented with real shooting % off so I don't know if you should try to raise it or lower it.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #131
Pro
 
ffpp's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomocity
2. Do you have recommended slider settings for real shooting % off?
thanks
I play with real shooting percentages off and I use
zone: 45
short range shots: 45
midrange shots: 48
3pt shots: 47
layup success: 45

and get very realistic results. I can check my association stats for you later to tell you my averages.

These slider settings are used under the assumption that you know your player's shot releases very well. I play with shot release timing feedback 'off', but in practice mode I can see that I hit most of my shots in the green.
ffpp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #132
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Is that last link you posted the most up to date roster? Also, does it have all the players that got traded in the right teams? (CP3, Mo Williams, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, etc?)
HeyImOrlando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #133
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Hmmm this is weird... I downloaded the roster that you put on page 11 and I put it on my saves folder. Than I loaded the game and there was no music after the "We're playing basketball" song. I also noticed that the hustle rating wasn't at 0. Can anyone help please?

EDIT: Ok nvm the hustle and the ratings are good, the only problem is there is no music now...? Can anyone help?

Last edited by HeyImOrlando; 12-20-2011 at 03:34 PM.
HeyImOrlando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #134
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImOrlando
Hmmm this is weird... I downloaded the roster that you put on page 11 and I put it on my saves folder. Than I loaded the game and there was no music after the "We're playing basketball" song. I also noticed that the hustle rating wasn't at 0. Can anyone help please?

EDIT: Ok nvm the hustle and the ratings are good, the only problem is there is no music now...? Can anyone help?
Its most likely the settings file that turns the music off - just change your options, I believe its under presentation.
randomocity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:24 PM   #135
MVP
 
geisterhome's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Durban
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

hey slimm,
i highly favour your rosters, but since, as you said, you are going to need a while to complete them after opening day, does it make sense to use your sliders (like them a lot as well!) with the 2k-default(opening day) roster once its released? or should i rather use the default ones respectively search for some others? just want to kill the time with a first associated untill i can get into serious business when you have yours complete. hope you can give me some advice.
geisterhome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #136
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
hey slimm,
i highly favour your rosters, but since, as you said, you are going to need a while to complete them after opening day, does it make sense to use your sliders (like them a lot as well!) with the 2k-default(opening day) roster once its released? or should i rather use the default ones respectively search for some others? just want to kill the time with a first associated untill i can get into serious business when you have yours complete. hope you can give me some advice.
You can try them but I'm not sure what kind of results you get. Surely they'll be better than default sliders, but the roster file not being scaled will mess things up. You'll be able to see the difference between the two roster files, at the very least.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.

Top -